ADVERTISEMENT

5 star guard, Addie Deal commits!

My remark was based on observations I made on the televised State Tournament game, and I realize Lewis is more highly regarded. IMO Levin's performance was the best I saw during the games, so what's the big deal?

B/C Jenna is higher rated as a recruit she is entitled to better performances?
Not picking a fight here.

I just felt 3A gbb in DM wasn't very good this year. I thought the girl from ELC was the best player on the court in the finals game, imo. But they can't give the award to a player that finishes on the runner-up team.
I've watched Levin for three years as they play in the WAMAC.

What Coach Bluder needs now is an enforcer in the 6'3" range and agile.
another Hannah would be great. Curious how the scholarship room looks for 2025 and 2026 now.

Are things getting tight or could they bring in a portal player too?

AP1GczOMEAM0nuCeMAss7iTDD2r9HzPr0W2TYUxGUigGELKKznYerMyqRJ9sjwD9Tj-0pDqUBw4tK1O5PXAF_Y-sTp_qI3jQsKdi5DJF8ulvweI7umWOoIK8nlIWDJVx3uppu_nxH0IDAZbBloJKkInrtbadlB1_DuHSJCEiQl86ifzDV5LNJ03e1qRZpky7DV245uItUAiArTheFCJCreICk_YB6y_1TMQ3TNlREVpIKj-A3-FKlvqbtgArZhNFoSWdoKMU23oQukHUPKp9m-aCvg5zpGk1gVt1YYZ8OmTNY21Y9lnomH9_L7AXJDV2GK0iJuGG3KSivfCb-InrUL7Lel30EqaFwQZC5xjLL_Fu5V4NWRuKq1AE0xXLAH5ZBfczAzD7RHxUdyeHv2iDl1ABVyaXJkEcd8mU8elAHomHvloe-0xOoegy1-2cQqH0X1nrduMgwL4U0-kf7T3TtlzZH5bm6sHRbxx0U1MXO05Q_w46flZKlfLZFm7fis7eiyJ5bFHMxUC7PRslQpWDKS4cx3V9wRbAf2On6KLv4E4E07irmeVd5EaNbVB2PQZXMZ0hCtJkos-J-fb28pi8wV-qc0wThZGZQNofoe3LUnwi_NQ5eXT-SDP-UMe1eZjDbcFTjX4NxJk9ddGki70HQCl01iOK5KAHLx1s-kvVAFVvQb18q1_0kwx1-CEOGLXnr9yuoQyIIkVo8xOP-RZbQZeWQzpZWuDaA4brlj6KdymHUWnqm8eVvjh99QdvfNozxukt6tEbIe3VtKDhx9wZKLaQopndDwIx9zkFpmnX2DLCYMlzYfpRS6KfSiSK_pFyJlT3n5UAf9i0N-gDcKispE-y3RAPfCBtbJ_54Sjkxru8HGyFHVotVNRRtwYJRpiRfA_AeGbe15ZXGLB2yWWVmuxcpBc=w320-h220-s-no-gm
Bird Popcorn GIF

Deal had neither a UConn nor a South Carolina offer (assuming you meant S. Carolina and not USC).

Excuse me. Mea Culpa for the UConn, SC reference. I took it for granted it would be taken as top tier. How dare I assume. However, point taken.

"By the time Deal reached five-star status last October, she had piled up offers from Iowa, Stanford, Oregon, Arizona, Tennessee, Indiana, LSU, TCU, Baylor, Oregon State, Ohio State, Iowa State, Columbia, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, BYU, Utah, USC, California, Oklahoma, Harvard, Washington State, Vanderbilt, UCLA ..."

Last edited:
Reactions: AMAYS
My remark was based on observations I made on the televised State Tournament game, and I realize Lewis is more highly regarded. IMO Levin's performance was the best I saw during the games, so what's the big deal?

B/C Jenna is higher rated as a recruit she is entitled to better performances?

I watched her at state as well; she looked pretty good. However, she was also playing against 3A competition, so she should be way better than the field if she landed an offer from Iowa. So, I don't think her state tournament will tell us anything regarding how she will translate to the B1G. Sorry, but 3A Iowa GBB and B1G are completely different animals.

Jenica looked really good as well.

I look forward to seeing Levin play and compete for minutes next year and hopefully landing Jenica Lewis and the rest of the 2026 trifecta (Greenway and Bjorn).

We will see how everything shakes out.

Reactions: shikreto
Deal had neither a UConn nor a South Carolina offer (assuming you meant S. Carolina and not USC).

I would include UConn, South Carolina, LSU, Stanford, and Notre Dame as the truly ELITE schools that basically clear the rest in terms of recruiting. I'd then put Louisville right below them and a step ahead of the next tier (Ohio State, Maryland, Baylor, a few more). USC and UCLA are very trendy at the moment but haven't really achieved much yet to suggest that they will become the next blue blood (though USC has a very promising future).

With the exception of Notre Dame, the coaches in that list hold multiple national titles. Ivey is new to ND but has done an outstanding job recruiting and has returned ND to the top of the ACC in her short tenure. Louisville doesn't have a title but Jeff Walz has been to the Final Four 4 times and the title game twice -- I think that speaks for itself. Of Iowa's top targets for 2025 and 2026, it looks like the only ones with such offers include:

2025:​

• Jordan Speiser: Notre Dame, LSU
  • Brynn McGaughy: UConn, Stanford (though she turned the latter)
  • Dee Alexander: UConn, LSU, South Carolina, Notre Dame

2026:​

• Vukosa: UConn, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Stanford
  • Lewis: UConn, Notre Dame
  • Greenway: Stanford
  • Bjorn: UConn, Stanford
McGaughy, Skinner, Bjorn, Vukosa, Lewis hold Louisville offers as well (so does Adelaide Jernigan, not listed above). I didn't include Bourrage b/c I think the chances of getting her are 0%. I think chances are slim with Alexander (we did make her Top 15, apparently) and Vukosa as well...but not quite 0% lol. I may very well have missed some (I feel like Skinner should have more, the 2026 kids have time to pick up more, Layla Hays may have some as well)...

FWIW I think Stanford and Louisville are trending down, as is UConn to a lesser extent (all 3 have a long way to go before collapsing though). Regardless, I think it would be quite a coup for Bluder to get one of the recruits who has a UConn offer. Thats a realistic next benchmark IMO.

I've done some browsing on other message boards/social media since Deal committed. LSU fans are a bit bummed/annoyed, while Stanford fans are more flabbergasted (Mater Dei is a bit of a feeder school to Stanford). It'd be very interesting to see what Husky fans would say if Bjorn or McGaughy were to choose Iowa (Lewis to Iowa might be more predictable...but she has reportedly said UConn was her dream school...and they're aware lol).

Last edited:
I watched her at state as well; she looked pretty good. However, she was also playing against 3A competition, so she should be way better than the field if she landed an offer from Iowa. So, I don't think her state tournament will tell us anything regarding how she will translate to the B1G. Sorry, but 3A Iowa GBB and B1G are completely different animals.

You make valid points in regard to her level of competition but I do recall she was getting some pretty high praise last year on the AAU circuit playing against some pretty good competition. Obviously she is stepping up to a different level at Iowa but I do believe she has a really nice skill set.

Reactions: Torg
I would include UConn, South Carolina, LSU, Stanford, and Notre Dame as the truly ELITE schools that basically clear the rest in terms of recruiting. . . .
Good list, though not sure LSU belongs. Not sure LSU is an elite HS recruiting school, but appears LSU will be an elite transfer/portal school.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Building something special and top talent is noticing.

Addison Deal ‘25 G #12 espnW (committed)
Emilee Skinner ‘25 G #10 espnW
Addison Bjorn ‘26 G #8 espnW
Maddyn Greenway '26 G #17 espnW

All seriously looking at Iowa. Add 3 of these guards with a big like Hays and these B1G trophies will be stacking up in Iowa City and maybe some even bigger ones. 🏆

We need to add to the front court, and we need Greenway.

Maddyn says she wants to play for Iowa so what's keeping her from committing? Iowa is now an attractive power and doesn't have to fill in with marginal talent. The last two recruiting classes were 4 and 5 stars except for Levin I believe was under rated.

Watching the state tournament finals on TV I believe she was the best player on any court I witnessed.
Seen Madynn Greenway at the top of the stairs as I was leaving the Michigan game and she had a Hawkeye sweatshirt on. Maybe that's a clue. I wish anyway.

I would include UConn, South Carolina, LSU, Stanford, and Notre Dame as the truly ELITE schools that basically clear the rest in terms of recruiting. I'd then put Louisville right below them and a step ahead of the next tier (Ohio State, Maryland, Baylor, a few more). USC and UCLA are very trendy at the moment but haven't really achieved much yet to suggest that they will become the next blue blood (though USC has a very promising future).

With the exception of Notre Dame, the coaches in that list hold multiple national titles. Ivey is new to ND but has done an outstanding job recruiting and has returned ND to the top of the ACC in her short tenure. Louisville doesn't have a title but Jeff Walz has been to the Final Four 4 times and the title game twice -- I think that speaks for itself. Of Iowa's top targets for 2025 and 2026, it looks like the only ones with such offers include:

2025:​

• Jordan Speiser: Notre Dame, LSU
  • Brynn McGaughy: UConn, Stanford (though she turned the latter)
  • Dee Alexander: UConn, LSU, South Carolina, Notre Dame

2026:​

• Vukosa: UConn, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Stanford
  • Lewis: UConn, Notre Dame
  • Greenway: Stanford
  • Bjorn: UConn, Stanford
McGaughy, Skinner, Bjorn, Vukosa, Lewis hold Louisville offers as well (so does Adelaide Jernigan, not listed above). I didn't include Bourrage b/c I think the chances of getting her are 0%. I think chances are slim with Alexander (we did make her Top 15, apparently) and Vukosa as well...but not quite 0% lol. I may very well have missed some (I feel like Skinner should have more, the 2026 kids have time to pick up more, Layla Hays may have some as well)...

FWIW I think Stanford and Louisville are trending down, as is UConn to a lesser extent (all 3 have a long way to go before collapsing though). Regardless, I think it would be quite a coup for Bluder to get one of the recruits who has a UConn offer. I think that's a realistic next benchmark.

I've done some browsing on other message boards/social media since Deal committed. LSU fans are a bit bummed/annoyed, while Stanford fans are more flabbergasted (Mater Dei is a bit of a feeder school to Stanford). It'd be very interesting to see what Husky fans would say if Bjorn 5'11or McGaughy were to choose Iowa (Lewis to Iowa might be more predictable...but she has reportedly said UConn was her dream school...and they're aware

Is Speiser to LSU a for sure? We need front court help. 247 projects Journee as a G/F but 5'11"" is marginal. The film clips I've seen on Deal are amazing (is it true she can dunk?) Heiden at 6'4" has the post-up and forward type mobility to fit Bluder's offense. Imagine having multiple mobile bigs capable of posting with mid range, and with Heiden, 3 point range.

I would think Carver will be bursting at the seams anticipating this group of young and seasoned
Hawkeye women basketball players. Maybe Caitlin is gone but I hope the winning tradition remains.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
Is Speiser to LSU a for sure? We need front court help. 247 projects Journee as a G/F but 5'11"" is marginal. The film clips I've seen on Deal are amazing (is it true she can dunk?) Heiden at 6'4" has the post-up and forward type mobility to fit Bluder's offense. Imagine having multiple mobile bigs capable of posting with mid range, and with Heiden, 3 point range.

I would think Carver will be bursting at the seams anticipating this group of young and seasoned
Hawkeye women basketball players.

Ummm...did you watch the final minutes of the SEC final the other day???

Atrocious, although not shocked. Iowa survived the Georgia NCAA game last year with 2 technicals called in the last 3.8 seconds of the game for rough play. Caitlin got nailed on the last one for absolutely no purpose with the game decided.

The women must practice with the football teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT