ADVERTISEMENT

5 years in a row of below average QB play? Come on!!

LIV4GOD

HB MVP
Nov 23, 2020
Give me just average. With average we win yesterday.

Cade has lost it. Injuries, time off, or KF philosophies have turned him from B1G champ to chump.

- Even an average QB does not throw that poor of an INT first play of the second half.

- Even an average QB would see Gill wide open for an easy TD.

- Even an average QB doesn't throw the ball constantly short on long throws.

How does ISU consistently have better QBs than us? They don't waste opportunities.

Entertainment should at least be fun. That wasn't fun. 5 years of these subpar QBs are not fun to watch.

Ok, I'm done with that. Just had to type it

It was nice to go to church this morning to be reminded of what life is about.

Ferentz is on a perpetual quest to find a tall, immobile, game manager.

His options for that type of player get fewer every year because almost every qb can run and throw accurately now days.

Apparently, given his very limited options, KF is willing to live with guys who can't throw accurately as long as they can't run.

You need a little over 50 yards to get the ball to the endzone for a chance at a miraculous Hail Mary catch and win ...

and you trot out the guy who throws a spiraling cloud-scraper of an arm punt for about 30-35 yards.

willj-oprah.gif

His options for that type of player get fewer every year because almost every qb can run and throw accurately now days.

Apparently, given his very limited options, KF is willing to live with guys who can't throw accurately as long as they can't run.
Kirk needed the Stanleys to have multiple sons 3-4 years apart that were carbon copies of Nate. Nate was Kirk's ideal qb: big, immobile, followed orders. Bonus, he was a tank when it came to qb sneaks. That would have come in handy yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15

I've always felt like Kirk saw John Navarre and the '01 Michigan offense as some sort of ideal, perfect system, and he's been obsessed with mimicking that ever since.

Side note, John Navarre could actually run when he had to.

Every single QB that has been on the Iowa roster since 2020 has been absolute garbage that belongs at FCS level, and there have been about 8 of ‘em. The Sullivan’s and Resnar are TBD but it is hard to be confident in any QB brought in on KF’s watch. The QB recruiting and development have been shockingly bad, possibly the worst such stretch of the HF/KF era.

I've always felt like Kirk saw John Navarre and the '01 Michigan offense as some sort of ideal, perfect system, and he's been obsessed with mimicking that ever since.

I think he sees 1997 as the pinnacle of football.

• Sad
Reactions: hawkdave007
You need a little over 50 yards to get the ball to the endzone for a chance at a miraculous Hail Mary catch and win ...

and you trot out the guy who throws a spiraling cloud-scraper of an arm punt for about 30-35 yards.

willj-oprah.gif
It was an appropriate ending to a coach that is mired in tunnel vision when it comes to being innovative or making logical coaching decisions (ie not taking a delay of game). If Belichick can step down from a nice run for the Pats, why can his protege Capt Kirk follow suit?

Give me just average. With average we win yesterday.

Cade has lost it. Injuries, time off, or KF philosophies have turned him from B1G champ to chump.

- Even an average QB does not throw that poor of an INT first play of the second half.

- Even an average QB would see Gill wide open for an easy TD.

- Even an average QB doesn't throw the ball constantly short on long throws.

How does ISU consistently have better QBs than us? They don't waste opportunities.

Entertainment should at least be fun. That wasn't fun. 5 years of these subpar QBs are not fun to watch.

Ok, I'm done with that. Just had to type it

It was nice to go to church this morning to be reminded of what life is about.
That is probably a shorter duration than our sub par OL. How do you go from a school known for producing and developing OL under KF to a program that is habitually bad?

the offense was predictable. You rerun the same OL, WR, and QB units. It would have been the same OC without AD interference.

He won't change until he loses more games.

That is probably a shorter duration than our sub par OL. How do you go from a school known for producing and developing OL under KF to a program that is habitually bad?
I pray that our backups along the OL are actually good but just aren't playing due to the Ferentz Union Card system.

You can have a Navarre, if you have all 4 and 5 stars playing with him.

Reactions: hawkdave007
You fire the best Strength and Conditioning Coach in the country on some cry baby BS based on an attempted money grab from a shady attorney.
I disagree that is the reason. It’s not like the current SCC is incompetent or not following the current and latest strategies and philosophies for strength training.

When he took the sack after having a nice pocket and having vision where he could see two defenders coming at him and then he holds the ball and loses about 10 yards. I was like Spencer is back!

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I disagree that is the reason. It’s not like the current SCC is incompetent or not following the current and latest strategies and philosophies for strength training.
Yes but it was the racist undertones that really gave the Iowa OL the edge its been missing.

What I'm wondering is whether he was actually the defacto oline coach as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT