ADVERTISEMENT

SotaHawk87

HB Legend
Jan 3, 2015
Our last three recruiting class rankings out of 64 power 5 schools..

Absolute slap in the face for the resource this program has!

Originally posted by SotaHawk87:

No fear I'm sure Kilroy will give a long winded reply with stars and 40 times and how "we aren't alabama or O$U and all you people expect KF to recruit like them" and all will be well again.

So you are saying we outperformed based on our recruiting? We were a .500+ bowl team with a bottom 10% recruiting class...so using your logic KF did more with less than other programs...especially those that did not get a bowl bid. I guess things arn't as bad as I thought.

Originally posted by soybean:

So you are saying we outperformed based on our recruiting? We were a .500+ bowl team with a bottom 10% recruiting class...so using your logic KF did more with less than other programs...especially those that did not get a bowl bid. I guess things arn't as bad as I thought.
Yeah, you might be on to something if someone is stupid enough to forget that recruiting from this year does not have any correlation to the outcome of last season. Might want to go back 3-4 years and see how that works out.

Damn. I was hoping for #41 so we could get that recruiting trophy!

Really once you get past the top 30 or so it is so subjective that the rankings are meaningless.It's much more about who can develop players. Iowa used to be really good at this but lately, not so much. Really hope they start showing improvement in this area again soon.

The 57 class were sophomore and rs freshman. The 59 class were freshman or redshirted. Ferentz hasn't done anything with those classes yet and the argument that a bowl game is overachieving with them? 76 teams made a bowl so... OK I guess.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I take it you are being sarcastic, soybean. But, I think you are on the right track, even if that was not your intent.

I wouldn't say the Hawks are outperforming, merely that their record has been an accurate reflection of the quality of the players in the program over the past few years.

This in contrast to those who contend that it is an incompetent coaching staff not getting good talent on the field and not utilizing them properly.

It could be worse... don't be so hard on yourself

Originally posted by Dark_Mark:

I think KF and staff would almost have to try to make it worse. But we all know they stopped caring years ago so I wouldn't expect much effort on their part. Thats a good thing, right?

ThatsFootball posted on 2/4/2015...

I think KF and staff would almost have to try to make it worse. But we all know they stopped caring years ago so I wouldn't expect much effort on their part. Thats a good thing, right?

Once again, who is 'we'? People who think they speak for others or can read peoples minds (they stopped caring years ago...) show clear signs of Personality Disorders. I don't know who 'we' is, but there are very few 'fans' that think like you. Most of the 10's of thousands of Iowa fans are very rational and don't waste their time on 'message boards' making inane rants...

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

Once again, who is 'we'? People who think they speak for others or can read peoples minds (they stopped caring years ago...) show clear signs of Personality Disorders. I don't know who 'we' is, but there are very few 'fans' that think like you. Most of the 10's of thousands of Iowa fans are very rational and don't waste their time on 'message boards' making inane rants...
Oh, you're still around huh? I thought you were done with this site after you had some sort of mental breakdown and made up fake hometowns in Iowa.

This board just got a little more interesting. Best news of the day. I look forward to many more enjoyable breakdown threads in the future.

*Edit* Looks like your excessive punctuation possibly got resolved, hopefully you learn to use the quote function next. It is a pretty big step.

This post was edited on 2/4 5:00 PM by ThatsFootball

Very few Power 5 conference teams don't make bowl games. Iowa is only +.500 overall record because they get to schedule schedule 3 highly winnable games at the start of the season with ISU, a MAC school, and a D2 school. In the B10 Iowa is sub .500 in win/loss in the last 5 years. That is playing to about the same level as the recruiting rankings.

varick you sure do like to lie don't you, ISU IS/WAS and always will be a power 5 school that KF has absolutely no control over when it comes to recruiting

as for those standing again that is based in lies, as that includes every D1 team not just the Power 5 schools,

this just shows how desperate some of you to make up lies.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

Oh, you're still around huh? I thought you were done with this site after you had some sort of mental breakdown and made up fake hometowns in Iowa.

This board just got a little more interesting. Best news of the day. I look forward to many more enjoyable breakdown threads in the future.

*Edit* Looks like your excessive punctuation possibly got resolved, hopefully you learn to use the quote function next. It is a pretty big step.

This post was edited on 2/4 5:00 PM by ThatsFootball
The new Hawkeye Report. That's Football on the right and MattFoleyHawk on the left. Two lunatics who both think they're smarter than every other Hawkeye fan. Yawwwwwwwwwn.

Yeah, you might be on to something if someone is stupid enough to forget that recruiting from this year does not have any correlation to the outcome of last season. Might want to go back 3-4 years and see how that works out.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the OP denote the numbers 57,59,53 to illustrate our last three years recruiting classes rankings?

Originally posted by SDHawkDoc:

I take it you are being sarcastic, soybean. But, I think you are on the right track, even if that was not your intent.

I wouldn't say the Hawks are outperforming, merely that their record has been an accurate reflection of the quality of the players in the program over the past few years.

This in contrast to those who contend that it is an incompetent coaching staff not getting good talent on the field and not utilizing them properly.
Yes, I was being sarcastic. I just grow weary of the unrelenting bitching by these jock snifing, star ranking obessesed, arm chair experts who never have any real new angle to share.

Originally posted by ISPHawk:
Going to a bowl means little anymore when all you have to be is 6-6
Yes.
I think the big boy bowls(Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange) still have significance.
But the TaxSlayer or other minor entities are a pretty low bar to set for a successful season.

Originally posted by ISPHawk:
Going to a bowl means little anymore when all you have to be is 6-6

But, of course, that wasn't the point. How many times do things like this go over your head?

here is another thing he left out THE 2013 class and 13 RSFR play this last season and these played as True FR
Daniels
King
Spearman

are were thos 3 failures?

2014 class had 3 play as true FR and the rest RS. are these kids to be labeled as FAILURES ALREADY
2015 3 are on campus waiting for their 1st spring game the rest have yet to get here and they are already written off as FAILURES before they even get here?

HATER GOTTA HATE.

There are 39 bowl games/78 bowl teams, so going 7-5 against an absolute cupcake schedule and getting clobbered in a crappy bowl is a pretty weak defense of Kirk Ferentz.

In my opinion the "no coach does more with less" compliment is a nice way of saying he stinks at recruiting. The fact that he has "less" is his own damned fault!

since nobody in the 2015 call has even played its nice to know you have condemned this group to be failures and 16 out of 19 commits red shirted again you have labeled them as FAILURES. 16 out of 21 commits that have played that you couch coaches have labeled as FAILURES

Only failure is 2222. Seriously do you ever get tired of putting words in people's mouths. Not one person said they were failures. The sites you use to brag about 4 star players have iowa as a whole very low among power 5 schools. Every class will have its good players but as a whole these sites you love to use to try and make your point how good iowas recruiting is don't think highly of our class.

Hawkeye2222 wrote:
since nobody in the 2015 call has even played

LOL!! You're the one who pencils these recruits into other positions then what they were recruited for. You're the genious who said Hockaday and Garbutt could move to running back if Higdon went to Michigan. These players' signatures haven't even dried on their LOI's and you're moving several of them to other positions. You need an editor to make sure you're consistent in your mindless ramblings.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

here is another thing he left out THE 2013 class and 13 RSFR play this last season and these played as True FR
Daniels
King
Spearman

are were thos 3 failures?

2014 class had 3 play as true FR and the rest RS. are these kids to be labeled as FAILURES ALREADY
2015 3 are on campus waiting for their 1st spring game the rest have yet to get here and they are already written off as FAILURES before they even get here?

HATER GOTTA HATE.
Daniels hasn't done anything but get hurt, and Spearman left the team Kilroy. King so far is the only bright spot.

Makes since given our record against Power 5 schools over the past five seasons. It's helped that some of the P5 teams we've played have finished worse then us in the rankings.

The worst part of this is that we continue to fail to meet our basic needs at running back and defensive end. We continue to take projects rather than quality players. There's no other way to put it - this class is a total freaking disaster.

Kirk isn't nearly scummy enough to win in this day and age. You have to "play the game" and make the kid want you back. They couldn't care less about the coaches actual commitment to them - they want fancy recruiting parties, hostesses, and false promises. Iowa should fill up with early offers then winnow down from with 30 or even 40 commits and every single one of them should be scared that Iowa might not have room for them unless they behave. You might not be able to prevent the Higdons of the world from flipping but at least we'd have a quality recruit, not like Graham who probably will be an academic casualty.

Overall, would you say that say Iowa would be ranked somewhere in the 50s? Sounds like they're doing as expected to me

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the OP denote the numbers 57,59,53 to illustrate our last three years recruiting classes rankings?
Why, yes he did! But you still are not following and it looks like I will have to explain it to you like I would a child.

2014 Iowa football team:
RSSr class would be 2010 class. Rivals rank #42
Sr class would be 2011 class. Rivals rank #30
Jr class would be 2012 class. Rivals rank #43
These are the three classes that contributed most to this years results.

Average class rank #38
2014 team went 7-6 with no wins over FBS teams with winning records.
Sagarin has them at #47 this year. Obviously not on any top 25 rankings or in the "receiving votes" list which would take the rankings out into the 35-40 range. I would love to see what metric you would use to show Iowa played up to their rankings.

Looks to me like Kirk underperformed with this team. Also, you will notice that I did not use a single class ranking from the last three years to show this, and if you were smart enough to follow along bean, it would be because this years rank came after the season had already played out. If you would like me to draw you a picture please message me.

Originally posted by onlyonenow:

anyone expecting this class to be able to contend still believes in the Tooth Fairy.
B1G West:

Nebraska: #31
Wisconsin : #38
Purdue: #55
Iowa : #57
Northwestern: #60
Minnesota: #62
Illinois : #64

Looks like we should at least contend for the West if recruiting ranking is all you are going to go off of. Middle of the pack there via ESPN.

Seems to me like year after year we contend with the "better recruiting" schools, just can't get over the hump and get a win.

Why, yes he did! But you still are not following and it looks like I will have to explain it to you like I would a child.

2014 Iowa football team:
RSSr class would be 2010 class. Rivals rank #42
Sr class would be 2011 class. Rivals rank #30
Jr class would be 2012 class. Rivals rank #43
These are the three classes that contributed most to this years results.

Average class rank #38
2014 team went 7-6 with no wins over FBS teams with winning records.
Sagarin has them at #47 this year. Obviously not on any top 25 rankings or in the "receiving votes" list which would take the rankings out into the 35-40 range. I would love to see what metric you would use to show Iowa played up to their rankings.

Looks to me like Kirk underperformed with this team. Also, you will notice that I did not use a single class ranking from the last three years to show this, and if you were smart enough to follow along bean, it would be because this years rank came after the season had already played out. If you would like me to draw you a picture please message me.
Bump for bean

Yep. Our recruiting classes are pretty much on par with our performance on the field. It's a shame that many of our recruits were not even offered by Power 5 schools. This staff is not getting the job done. Plain and simple. We close or behind schools like NW, Minn, Indiana, etc. Inexcusable. Listening to Kirk's press conference was even more agitating. This is a staff on its way out. Kirk will be gone after next season. No ifs, ands, or buts. Iowa football is becoming like the end of the Fry regime. In my 35 years of being a Hawk fan, have never ever seen this much disdain for the program.

Sure, you still have your rah, rah fans who will come on here and spout off about how we still develop players, etc. Who cares? That development is not winning us 8, 9, 10 games a season ... Sending guys to the NFL is fine but I care more about what they can do at and for Iowa than I care about if they make the NFL or not. It's not helping us bring in 4* players. Holy cow is pretty sad how SOME (SMALL MINORITY) Iowa fans still accept mediocrity and still make excuses for this staff.

I think most of the smarter fans understand this is a sinking ship. For the rest, well ... don't even know how you defend Kirk or this staff ... I really don't. There is nothing to defend anymore ... The excuses are all run out.

This post was edited on 2/6 8:04 AM by DesMoinesHawki

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT