ADVERTISEMENT

6 players ejected in SEC title game

Am I the only one who enjoyed it? We pine for the "tough" play of yesteryears in the NBA and then clutch our pearls over this?

They're fighting for a conference tournament championship and things got a little heated; the Celtics, Pistons, Knicks of the 80's and 90's look at this and see a pillow fight.

Only Cardosa.
Shame that the one that initiated the whole thing wasn't penalized for the cheap shot she threw before Cardosa's retaliatory shove.

I do agree with Mulkey on one thing though. I wish it would have been Reese that Cardosa unloaded on. She earned a beat down with the crap she pulled throughout the game, along with Cardosa's hair.

Reactions: intrepodor
Am I the only one who enjoyed it? We pine for the "tough" play of yesteryears in the NBA and then clutch our pearls over this?

They're fighting for a conference tournament championship and things got a little heated; the Celtics, Pistons, Knicks of the 80's and 90's look at this and see a pillow fight.
Tough play. When a player is driving the lane by placing their forearm in the middle of the opponent's chest to clear them out is not the way the game was intended. Backing in and or while lowering the shoulder into the defender's chest is a charge in both scenarios in my opinion. Bloody lips and noses is not basketball anymore.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
None of this surprised me. The SEC turns a blind eye to trash talk and dirty play in all of their women's basketball games. Why would their tourney championship game be any different?

I heard some commentator on the radio say the women get away with a lot more trash talking then they do in the men’s college game.

He said the refs need to clamp down on that so situations like this don’t occur as frequently.

I wonder how much validity there is to that but it was food for thought.

That's a shame
Not really. I mean the whole thing was embarassing, but the jawing and hair pulling, and shit had gone all game. Still I don't think anyone should be suspended for walking a few feet from the bench. NONE of those players got involved in the altercation, so no I don't think anything beyond the ejections (which IS the rule for leaving the bench) is warrented. The only thing more that COULD have come is if the SEC wanted to hand down some penalty as a message to their league, but we all know there is NO way they are going to smack their top two seeded teams going into the tourney. Now I DO think they should fine Mulkey for her comments afterwards, but that probably won't happen either.

Perfect opportunity
giphy.gif

like a pirate with a steering wheel attacked to his junk, it was drivin' me nuts

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop-71
Just googled to see if anything new was released on any punishment..... Nothing yet.

BUT. Found that Kim is doubling down on her stupidity. Saying that it is sexist the way the media is covering this.... That it isn't this big of a deal when men fight. LOL. Pretty sure that a bench clearing scuffle where a sibling comes from the crowd would be covered.

Dwight Howard scruffle with Greg Guard was heavily covered.

Keep showing your true colors KIM!

A bad look but honestly not that much happened. LSU player was frustrated and pushed away trash-talking USC player—IMO could be a no-call and definitely nothing more than a double technical.

Cardoso (who I like) was 100% wrong by pushing Flau-Jae down in defense of her teammate.

The others just came off the bench but weren’t actually fighting. Angel was the smartest one of all by staying out of it.

Meh except for Kim Mulkey‘s response being rather trashy.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT