ADVERTISEMENT

6 way tie for the BigTen Regular season championship?

Maryland: lose at Rutgers and vs. Michigan
Wisconsin: lose at Indiana
Illinois: lose vs. Iowa
MSU: lose at Penn State
Iowa: win out
Penn State: win out

Lots of work to be done, but let’s see it happen lol

Very well said OP... I hope that comes true and it could be a likely scenario as Wisconsin didn’t look that great last night against Minny

Illinois, @ home, was very, very fortunate to escape Indiana by 2. No question Iowa can win there. IU handled the Orange Krush just fine and had every opportunity to win at the end.

Question, if we were to win out, Maryland lose out, Wisconsin and MSU lose at least once... would you prefer we tie with fewer teams even if it means a 2, 3, or 4 seed (when the 6-way tie would give us the 1 seed)?

Question, if we were to win out, Maryland lose out, Wisconsin and MSU lose at least once... would you prefer we tie with fewer teams even if it means a 2, 3, or 4 seed (when the 6-way tie would give us the 1 seed)?
I’d be okay with taking a lower seed to tie with less teams. Being the #1 seed would be pretty awesome though. Guess it comes down to potential matchups as well.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki

So you're assuming that Illinois is going into Columbus and beat an Ohio State team that has certainly righted it's ship, hmm, interesting.

I’d be okay with taking a lower seed to tie with less teams. Being the #1 seed would be pretty awesome though. Guess it comes down to potential matchups as well.

It's just fun to only have 2 games left and have a shot at #1.

If there is a tie for first place, do they award regular season championships to all teams tied for 1st? Then the tiebreakers are only used for seeding?

Last edited:
So you're assuming that Illinois is going into Columbus and beat an Ohio State team that has certainly righted it's ship, hmm, interesting.

I don’t think he assumed anything; he just laid out how his scenario could happen.

With that said, we’ve gotten plenty of impressive roadkill already this year, so us winning in Columbus might not be as crazy as it sounds! Did last year, too.

Iowa would get a very favorable way to the BIG Championship.

1- Iowa
2- Penn State
3- Michigan State
4- Wisconsin
5- Maryland
6- Illinois

The seeding for a 6-way tie for 1st place at 13-7 would actually look like this:

1. Iowa
2. MSU
3. PSU
4. MD
5. WI
6. IL

Head-to-head is meaningless in multi-team ties. If teams aren't separated from each other by record vs each other, you don't revert back to head-to-head. Instead you go right to record vs. #1 seed (MSU 1-0 PSU 1-1; MD 1-1 WI 0-1), which is why seeding would be the way I've displayed it. This rule is also why Iowa is guaranteed no lower than 4th if they win out (they would potentially win a tiebreaker with MSU even through they are 0-1 against them).

Check out this thread:

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/we-control-our-own-destiny.306116/

The seeding for a 6-way tie for 1st place at 13-7 would actually look like this:

1. Iowa
2. MSU
3. PSU
4. MD
5. WI
6. IL

Head-to-head is meaningless in multi-team ties. If teams aren't separated from each other by record vs each other, you don't revert back to head-to-head. Instead you go right to record vs. #1 seed (MSU 1-0 PSU 1-1; MD 1-1 WI 0-1), which is why seeding would be the way I've displayed it. This rule is also why Iowa is guaranteed no lower than 4th if they win out (they would potentially win a tiebreaker with MSU even through they are 0-1 against them).

Check out this thread:

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/we-control-our-own-destiny.306116/
Well I put it into this website which figures out all the tiebreakers. You can do it yourself http://bball.notnothing.net/bracket.php?conf=big10m

Rooting interests? On board man YES lets do this thing!!

1st. YES Maryland losing is good for sure YES.

2nd. For sure YES down with that. On it.

3rd. Rooting for us YEA. Just do it!!

4th. Yea MSU can just lose screw em.

5th. YES LETS DO THIS THING!

6th..

..umm..

6th...

ahhh.. so like.. uhhhh

6th......

will get back to you..

Reactions: iowahawkeyes2020
This is Iowa only path to a B1G Championship

Iowa def Purdue

Penn St def Mich St

Rutgers def Maryland

Indiana def Minnesota

Wisconsin def N'western

Michigan def Nebraska

Ohio St def Illinois
March 7-8

Indiana def Wisconsin

N'western def Penn St

Purdue def Rutgers

Iowa def Illinois

Michigan def Maryland

Minnesota def Nebraska

Ohio St def Michigan St

This is Iowa only path to a B1G Championship

Iowa def Purdue

Penn St def Mich St

Rutgers def Maryland

Indiana def Minnesota

Wisconsin def N'western

Michigan def Nebraska

Ohio St def Illinois
March 7-8

Indiana def Wisconsin

N'western def Penn St

Purdue def Rutgers

Iowa def Illinois

Michigan def Maryland

Minnesota def Nebraska

Ohio St def Michigan St
In the end of the day, they would still tie with Maryland even if all of this happened. To be able to share it with multiple teams would be fine as well. I’d be fine with sharing it with 5 other teams like I mentioned at the top of the thread. To be able to have a regular season conference championship, especially this season, would be incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT