ADVERTISEMENT

there goes the WBB conf title

Probably rather take a 2 seed at this point. Get opposite of SC.

Pretty sick after the huge blown leads to OSU and Nebraska. Should be at 2 losses.
What? Being a 2 makes it more likely they play a SC earlier.

No, it doesn't. Putting them as the 4th 1 seed puts them on same side.

They have a better chance being 1 of 2, 2 seeds on opposite side, than getting the 4th 1 seed at this point.

Reactions: Bruceman44
No, it doesn't. Putting them as the 4th 1 seed puts them on same side.

They have a better chance being 1 of 2, 2 seeds on opposite side, than getting the 4th 1 seed at this point.
Lol they may have to play them in the elite 8. Being a 1 means no earlier than final 4.

Lol they may have to play them in the elite 8. Being a 1 means no earlier than final 4.
I don't think you're understanding this. Put Iowa where Texas or USC is on the current bracket (2 seed). They wouldn't play until the championship game. They are more likely to fall to a lower 2 seed than go get the 2nd or 3rd 1 seed and not have to play South Carolina until the championship.

Being the 4th 1 seed (which is where they stood going into tonight) is worse than being the 2nd or 3rd 2 seed.

I think they lose again and get the 2nd or 3rd 2 seed, and it will be a silver lining if they are to make a run.

I don't think you're understanding this. Put Iowa where Texas or USC is on the current bracket (2 seed). They wouldn't play until the championship game. They are more likely to fall to a lower 2 seed than go get the 2nd or 3rd 1 seed and not have to play South Carolina until the championship.

Being the 4th 1 seed (which is where they stood going into tonight) is worse than being the 2nd or 3rd 2 seed.

I think they lose again and get the 2nd or 3rd 2 seed, and it will be a silver lining if they are to make a run.
I don't know what 2 they'd be but going from no chance to a chance of facing SC earlier is a concern. Could luck out and your scenario happens but I'd rather be a 1.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I don't want to overreact to one game. Especially when it's to a team we just beat by 27 and it's the only game we really got beat from start to finish (the other three losses were games we had won until the 4th quarter). I still think this team is as capable as ever of making a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

But man it sucks that it's looking like we're only gonna end up with a single, shared Big Ten title out of our 4 years of Caitlin Clark.

Last edited:
So the Hawks will likely be a 2 or even 3 seed. I'm fine with that.

Last year was magical. I did not expect a repeat this season. Personally, another Final Four would be a miracle. This is probably a Sweet 16....maybe an Elite 8 team. Just not physical enough, and Clark will really need to be hot in the tournament.

Last year was magical. I did not expect a repeat this season. Personally, another Final Four would be a miracle. This is probably a Sweet 16....maybe an Elite 8 team. Just not physical enough, and Clark will really need to be hot in the tournament.
I think that's the big difference between OSU and Iowa

Highly unlikely we win out and OSU has a much easier road

Iowa:

Michigan
@ Indiana
Illinois
@Minnesota
Ohio State

OSU:

@ MSU
Nebraska
@PSU
Maryland
Michigan
@Iowa
We didn't win the regular season last year, did we?

They got smoked 1 year ago to lose the regular season championship and the rest of the way turned out fine. People need to stop overreacting and enjoy the roller coaster

Reactions: hawkirugged17

So true. It's not easy to get to the Final Four. One "off" game and you're done. Two years ago, we thought they'd breeze by Creighton to get to the Sweet 16 and they lost.

OSU is playing like a Final 4 team...Iowa is not. They also play good defense and press well.
Iowa and Bluder need to figure out how to beat the box and 1 defense. It’s crushed us and Clark in 3 losses so far. It’s the only style of defense I’ve seen cause Clark problems. Doesn’t help when her teammates stand around expecting her to perform miracles every play

Reactions: mphawk
Iowa and Bluder need to figure out how to beat the box and 1 defense. It’s crushed us and Clark in 3 losses so far. It’s the only style of defense I’ve seen cause Clark problems. Doesn’t help when her teammates stand around expecting her to perform miracles every play
There is no Pippen on this team like last year.

I haven't watch many WBB games this year, but it seems they play tight/tough defense which is refreshing to see given what our men's team does most nights....so I was thinking maybe they should have given Indiana the proverbial '40 minutes of hell', or does Bluder not like to deploy the press? tia

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT