ADVERTISEMENT

80 looters simultaneously broke into a Nordstrom near San Francisco, police say: ‘Clearly a planned event’ in weekend filled with looting incidents

Oooh are you JUSTIFYING this stuff?! It really is fantastical that people actually believe “leftists” think this is A-okay.

Personal accountability?! JFC.

These same jerks voted for and defended Donald J. Trump.

It’s just too damn absurd to believe, sometimes. The “reality” people have to create—and then amend—to, er, justify their own ideological existence… labor of love, I guess.
Did you just "JFC" accountability as if its not a desired quality?

Did you just "JFC" accountability as if its not a desired quality?
Oh good lord. Yeah, bro. Nothing is more anathema to my worldview than personal accountability. I don’t think there should be any personal accountability. Freedumb!!!!!!

Yeah, JFC.

Oh good lord. Yeah, bro. Nothing is more anathema to my worldview than personal accountability. I don’t think there should be any personal accountability. Freedumb!!!!!!

Yeah, JFC.
Then why the 'JFC' in the first place?

Seriously, though. If this goes nationwide retail is screwed.

COVID masks certainly give these criminals cover and nobody wants to be accused of profiling, even though 20-plus teens in a jewelry store is pretty freaking suspicious.

Not sure what the answer is.

Seriously, though. If this goes nationwide retail is screwed.

COVID masks certainly give these criminals cover and nobody wants to be accused of profiling, even though 20-plus teens in a jewelry store is pretty freaking suspicious.

Not sure what the answer is.
I agree. Masks and the ability to be able to hide your identity may have something to do with this.

Can these places just use "interns", like Kyle Rittenhouse to prevent these problems? What could go wrong?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Oooh are you JUSTIFYING this stuff?! It really is fantastical that people actually believe “leftists” think this is A-okay.

Personal accountability?! JFC.

These same jerks voted for and defended Donald J. Trump.

It’s just too damn absurd to believe, sometimes. The “reality” people have to create—and then amend—to, er, justify their own ideological existence… labor of love, I guess.
This funny, @Bro D ? How’s your defense of your made up bullshit coming along?

Don’t disagree. I had a professor long ago say the same thing. Ultimately, the have nots always come over the wall for the haves.

I just think we can still police and punish crime, while at the same time trying to change the circumstances that contribute to this behavior. Addressing wealth inequality doesn’t mean one is pro-crime, and similarly, wanting to crack down on this behavior doesn’t mean one is ignoring the underlying contributing factors.
This train of thought is just amazing to me. Carry on.

Please explain. You disagree? What did I say that is “amazing“ to you?
Not just you. IMO There’s sort of a General undercurrent here of “well what do you expect when some of us can afford to buy $200 shirts and others can’t? It won’t stop until everyone gets $200 shirts or no one gets them and then it’s fair. That’s what my philosophy professor said and it’s true.”
SMFH.
For the record I own zero $200 shirts. 😉

Not just you. IMO There’s sort of a General undercurrent here of “well what do you expect when some of us can afford to buy $200 shirts and others can’t? It won’t stop until everyone gets $200 shirts or no one gets them and then it’s fair. That’s what my philosophy professor said and it’s true.”
SMFH.
Not what I said, but ok.
I was making the point that you can believe that wealth inequality is a problem and will lead to worse if not addressed, and at the same time believe that this BS criminal activity shouldn’t be tolerated.

Personally, I’d put these people in jail for 5-10 years for this. But I’d also put white collar criminals and hacker/scammers in for the same time, or longer.

Reactions: goldmom
I ran a bunch of Footlockers in the Bay Area during the early 2000’s. Craziest thing I had ever seen was an 8 foot by 8 foot hole cut in the metal gate that comes down to block the entrance to the store when it’s closed. It was at the Eastmont Mall in Oakland. Took all the Jordan’s and the safe that had a whopping $200 in petty cash. There was no way a mall security guard couldn’t have been in on it with the time that would have taken.

And Walnut Creek is about as upscale as you can get in the Bay Area. Southland mall, not so much. But more times than not, it was people who didn’t NEED to steal that did.

It’s not limited to San Francisco and it’s not an urban/suburban issue. We will eventually get increased retail security and criminals will move on to other forms of theft
Lol…You forgot to cry about ciggy’s “thinly veiled racism” because he posted a news article about criminals doing criminal shit.

“Increased retail security” is the solution to this? Not “people need to stop being piece of shit thieves”? God grief. And yeah as of right now it’s limited to SF. Where else other than riot riddled cities are we seeing flash mob theft raids?

Reactions: goldmom
SMFH.

Really? I've got a bunch of them, hell, even a few 800 dollar shirts.

I'm aware that you're stupid, so let's try again. I wasn't blaming conservatives - I was pointing out that the conservatives blaming the change in the law were wrong in this case.
How is blaming a loosening of criminal prosecution not a major factor in these cases? Who are you claiming is stupid? If you can't connect the dots than it isn't me that is stupid. People will always push the envelope and the left is letting criminals do it everyday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT