ADVERTISEMENT

9 or More B1G Friday Night Games are Coming Next Season. Looks like they will be on FOX

Beth Goetz (probably): "I demand that Iowa be excluded. Thank you."

See the 2nd tweet.

Kirk has said he is good if it is Labor Day weekend or Black Friday for home games on a Friday, otherwise they have stated they need to be on the road. Due to parking issues and staff (hospital and school) needs on non-holiday Fridays. They have stated they are good with Fridays on the road if needed. They have done so against Minnesota and Maryland so far.

With the B1G going to 18 teams, will be harder and harder to squeeze all the games in over the weekend without a ton of overlap. Makes sense to have a Friday night game (as well as a 10 PM EST game) almost every week. I know a lot of people have a problem with Friday night games, but they're not going anywhere, so you might as well embrace it.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
With the B1G going to 18 teams, will be harder and harder to squeeze all the games in over the weekend without a ton of overlap. Makes sense to have a Friday night game (as well as a 10 PM EST game) almost every week. I know a lot of people have a problem with Friday night games, but they're not going anywhere, so you might as well embrace it.
Pretty much what I was thinking... Not only would the games overlap, but they want to have every game viewable. There's only so many channels and streaming services to accommodate this, though I suppose a streaming service like Peacock could in theory stream more than one game at a time. But Fox, BTN, FS1, CBS, Peacock, NBC, Paramount +, when you have 18 teams awfully hard to play as many as 18 games without a lot of overlap.

Kirk has stated he is open to the first weekend (Labor Day weekend) being a Friday game for a home game, but none others if at home in Iowa City, other than the holiday Black Friday game. He said too much conflict with the university and hospital staffing for Fridays at home otherwise. Stated AD and U Prez in agreement with that. If on the road it doesn't matter.

Wash vs USC
Wash vs UCLA
Oregon vs USC
Oregon vs UCLA
USC vs UCLA
Wash vs Oregon

There is your first 6

Throw in a Friday nite game or 2 AT Northwestern at the soccer stadium they will play in or at Wrigley after baseball is over! ;)

Kirk has stated he is open to the first weekend (Labor Day weekend) being a Friday game for a home game, but none others if at home in Iowa City, other than the holiday Black Friday game. He said too much conflict with the university and hospital staffing for Fridays at home otherwise. Stated AD and U Prez in agreement with that. If on the road it doesn't matter.
Having a game on the Friday of Labor Day weekend would be the least objectionable to me. We are all ready for football to get underway, and the weather is sometimes brutally hot in the afternoon for the first game.

So, a Friday evening game to kick off the season sounds pretty good to me.

yeah, hopefully we can avoid Friday games, but TV, unfortunately, rules

Pretty much what I was thinking... Not only would the games overlap, but they want to have every game viewable. There's only so many channels and streaming services to accommodate this, though I suppose a streaming service like Peacock could in theory stream more than one game at a time. But Fox, BTN, FS1, CBS, Peacock, NBC, Paramount +, when you have 18 teams awfully hard to play as many as 18 games without a lot of overlap.
With 18 teams, won’t there be just 9 games (at most) each week? 😜

I drive 3.5 hours to go to games so I wouldn't be jazzed about Friday night games for the most part. I could possibly cut out early. But I'd be driving tired and then I'd be locked into getting a hotel room somewhere.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
I drive 3.5 hours to go to games so I wouldn't be jazzed about Friday night games for the most part. I could possibly cut out early. But I'd be driving tired and then I'd be locked into getting a hotel room somewhere.
I think we are a ways away from home Fri night games for Iowa. Will be a lot of hosting by Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana, Maryland and Rutgers for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17

guessing Beth will say that Iowa already is already committed to Black Friday every year and if Iowa plays on any other Friday night it needs to be a road game

Reactions: TCity Hawk
Throw Up Family Guy GIF by AniDom

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT