ADVERTISEMENT

A father pushes past his own LGBTQ bigotry as he raises a trans child

I'm sorry you missed the point of my post.

This topic does mean a lot to me. I have seen this trans ideology destroy the lives of too many kids. I have seen the medical community support an ideology rather than search for evidence based medicine.
The only place you've seen this are on moronic right wing propaganda sites. Let's get real.

Can you provide some statistics on the number of sex reassignment surgeries that have been performed on minors?
I dont have accurate numbers because the data generally is pulled from cases billed through insurance. So it is likely these numbers are under estimated.

- 121,882 children ages 6 to 17 were diagnosed with gender dysphoria from 2017 through 2021

- at least 4,780 adolescents were started on puberty blockers

- At least 14,726 minors started hormone treatment with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2017 through 2021

- 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021

- at least 776 mastectomies were performed in the United States on patients ages 13 to 17 from 2019 to 2021

I dont have accurate numbers because the data generally is pulled from cases billed through insurance. So it is likely these numbers are under estimated.

- 121,882 children ages 6 to 17 were diagnosed with gender dysphoria from 2017 through 2021

- At least 14,726 minors started hormone treatment with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2017 through 2021

- 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021

- at least 776 mastectomies were performed in the United States on patients ages 13 to 17 from 2019 to 2021

From your article:

"The ultimate step in gender-affirming medical treatment is surgery, which is uncommon in patients under age 18. Some children’s hospitals and gender clinics don’t offer surgery to minors, requiring that they be adults before deciding on procedures that are irreversible and carry a heightened risk of complications."

I asked for surgeries. Also, if the choice is between a definite suicide and surgery what do you think is correct?
Genital surgery and mastectomies are both gender affirming surgery, both were included in my post.

A gender dysphoria diagnosis does not equal definite suicide.

Research does not show gender affirming care to reduce the risk of suicide. This is noted in the NHS England report linked above.

Threads like this are always great because occasionally brand new posters that haven't posted yet will react to certain posts and out themselves as pieces of shit before they even post a single word. A couple new additions to the ignore list from this one. Thank you OP!
2e2257ee-0750-4a02-abe3-80a6feaed94b_text.gif

So about as common as bear attacks. Great.

Because it's so rare I'm assuming that it's up to the patient and doctor to decide, not you.
I don't think the doctor or the parents have the right to agree to life changing surgery on a child when they don't have anything physically wrong.

Kids deserve basic human rights too. They deserve to go through puberty, the ability to have an orgasm, and have kids; these should be considered basic human rights.

I don't think the doctor or the parents have the right to agree to life changing surgery on a child when they don't have anything physically wrong.

Kids deserve basic human rights too. They deserve to go through puberty, the ability to have an orgasm, and have kids should be considered basic human rights.
They do have something physically wrong. Their bodies don't match their gender. These affirming cares reduce suicide rates, depression, and a host of psychological problems from being in the wrong body. You don't have to agree with it. That's your right. But it's also not your choice to make. Choice is their right. They have a right to choose what to do with their own bodies especially if those choices lead to a far healthier life.

You're incredibly anti trans.
The issue is some of you want to take a very simple, in fact the most simple fact of the universe and complicate it.

I'm certain you don't want Christians, Buddhists, or islamists pushing their beliefs and ideology on you, but you want everyone to fall in line with your beliefs and ideology or you call them a bigot.

Reactions: heartlandhawk
Genital surgery and mastectomies are both gender affirming surgery, both were included in my post.

A gender dysphoria diagnosis does not equal definite suicide.

Research does not show gender affirming care to reduce the risk of suicide. This is noted in the NHS England report linked above.
I don't play with trolls.

They do have something physically wrong. Their bodies don't match their gender. These affirming cares reduce suicide rates, depression, and a host of psychological problems from being in the wrong body. You don't have to agree with it. That's your right. But it's also not your choice to make. Choice is their right. They have a right to choose what to do with their own bodies especially if those choices lead to a far healthier life.
That is not correct. It is not my "opinion" that their body is ok, we can do actual tests to see if there is something physically wrong. Physically they have nothing wrong with them.

Mentally they don't think their body matches how they feel. But feelings are subjective and they are subject to change.

This is even spelled out in the WPath guidelines. They say that how you feel today may not be how you feel tomorrow.

The studies do not clearly show that affirming care reduces suicide or other mental health issues.

Parents and doctors have the responsibility to not do irreversible harm to children, and gender affirming care does a lot of irreversible harm for a lot of kids.

That is not correct. It is not my "opinion" that their body is ok, we can do actual tests to see if there is something physically wrong. Physically they have nothing wrong with them.

Mentally they don't think their body matches how they feel. But feelings are subjective and they are subject to change.

This is even spelled out in the WPath guidelines. They say that how you feel today may not be how you feel tomorrow.

The studies do not clearly show that affirming care reduces suicide or other mental health issues.

Parents and doctors have the responsibility to not do irreversible harm to children, and gender affirming care does a lot of irreversible harm for a lot of kids.
You literally just dismissed the entire psychiatry field just to excuse your hate for trans people.

I'm trying to remember if it is the right or left that can't keep talking about trans stories. It really seems like the left is obsessed.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Gender affirming care doctors have admitted that a child does not have the maturity or cognitive ability to understand what they are doing to their body and the long term implications this will have. They recognize that a kid does not understand how becoming sterile and never being able to experience an orgasm will affect them into adulthood.

Gender affirming care is different than cancer treatment because there is not a diagnostic test for gender dysphoria. It truly is the doctor just agreeing with the child. It seems absurd that this may be true, but I promise you this is what is happening.

Providers are doing a consent, but they are aware that neither the parents nor the child understand the full implications of what they are doing. This brings about ethical concerns because the medical community is performing irreversible life changing treatment on a child when they know the child doesn't understand what they are doing. There also is nothing wrong with the physical body for trans kids but the current treatment is to fix a mental issue (gender dysphoria) with a physical change.

I am disgusted with the medical community and especially the activists at WPATH for pushing this extreme ideology onto kids.
Is that your professional medical opinion?

I'm trying to remember if it is the right or left that can't keep talking about trans stories. It really seems like the left is obsessed.
It's you guys, and I posted the article because I think it's harder to be a bigot and intolerant when the real world intrudes.
What did you think of this family's journey? How did you feel reading about the bullying the trans citizen had to endure at school, which should be a place of safety and support. What did you think about the father who challenged his own views?

You literally just dismissed the entire psychiatry field just to excuse your hate for trans people."
"Psychiatry is the branch of medicine focused on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders.

Notice they did not include "physical" in their definition.

I don't hate psychiatry, they have their place. but don't claim they do something they don't. I don't hate trans people either.

It's you guys, and I posted the article because I think it's harder to be a bigot and intolerant when the real world intrudes.
What did you think of this family's journey? How did you feel reading about the bullying the trans citizen had to endure at school, which should be a place of safety and support. What did you think about the father who challenged his own views?
After reading the story, do you think the kid was doing better after transitioning? It sounds like things got worse from what I read. Multiple suicide attempts and dropping out of high-school is not exactly showing that things are going well.

So if you agree things are worse, what do you think is making things worse since transitioning is supposed to be the treatment? It seems like you blame the bullying and the school.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
If you had a child lets say 13 and they said they wanted a tattoo and a tattoo artist told you it was a good idea because your child wants it would you let them get the tattoo?
Strange infatuation with tats, reminds me of my 83 year old mom who hates. Them. I work with a guy who did just that. His daughter wasn’t 13 but I think 15. They couldn’t find a place in Iowa that was legit that would do it so they went to gulf shores and he went with her. She got her tat and now has others. Have you seen how many high school basketball players have them now? But it’s a very odd comparison since tattoos have nothing to do with the topic.

Yes, affirming care has been found to reduce long term depression rates.

That seems like a decent article. Some limitations are the small sample size and short duration of follow up (1 year).

Testosterone therapy does cause hormonal changes and tends to decrease depressive symptoms. This study is unable to determine if the reduction in depression is due to chemical changes in the brain or from an overall increase in well-being. (Hormonal changes from the testosterone or simply being happier)

The article below does a better job explaining the limitations. But it goes on to say that no matter the reason for the reduction of depression, gaf does reduce depression in the short term.

However, your study states that gaf was "associated" with mental health improvements, not necessarily the cause of it. I don't think you can conclude too much from this study without longer term outcomes as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT