ADVERTISEMENT

A military plane carrying enough specialty infant formula for more than half a million baby bottles arrived Sunday in Indianapolis

That's extraordinary. It normally takes two weeks for Nestle to ship formula to the United States but our government shortened that to just three days by utilizing military transport planes.

Sooo...if we had recognized three months ago that the Abbott shutdown was going to be more than just a two or three day thing, we could have temporarily relaxed the labeling standards for European imports in March and had the formula by conventional means before Easter instead of waiting until mid May to relax the standards and getting it this way in late May.

I can see why congratulations are in order.

That's extraordinary. It normally takes two weeks for Nestle to ship formula to the United States but our government shortened that to just three days by utilizing military transport planes.

Sooo...if we had recognized three months ago that the Abbott shutdown was going to be more than just a two or three day thing, we could have temporarily relaxed the labeling standards for European imports in March and had the formula by conventional means before Easter instead of waiting until mid May to relax the standards and getting it this way in late May.

I can see why congratulations are in order.
Can you imagine the cost of baby formula if Nestle decided to simply fly all product on a plane over the Atlantic rather than by boat.

This is the strangest democrat high five to each other I’ve seen in a long time.

Airlifting fuking baby formula

Yeah, it’s good they have a solution now but I wouldn’t be bragging about it and doing photo ops. Very Trumpian.
Should the admin have kept this to themselves and not let people know? I mean the shortage has been all over the news and all. No matter if the admin was slow to the table or not the people needing the formula would probably want to know formula is on the way.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
"The baby formula issue is shocking to Americans, it's shocking. The political ramifications of it are profound. This can't be our country, where babies are at risk of dying. I mean, if this goes on for a few more weeks it's possible we’re gonna lose someone in this country because of this. The Biden administration knew about it in February; whatever came afterwards, whatever the investigations determine, the buck stops in the Oval Office"

-senior national correspondent Terry Moran

Create the problem
Supply a "solution"
Reap the adulation of your adoring masses

#liberalism

• See reality happening that you don't like
  • Concoct insane conspiracy theory that lines up better with con beliefs
  • Spread theory on internet/social media
  • Watch as con sheep start parroting it and accepting as new reality
  • Blame the liberals who are trying to fix the actual problem

"The baby formula issue is shocking to Americans, it's shocking. The political ramifications of it are profound. This can't be our country, where babies are at risk of dying. I mean, if this goes on for a few more weeks it's possible we’re gonna lose someone in this country because of this. The Biden administration knew about it in February; whatever came afterwards, whatever the investigations determine, the buck stops in the Oval Office"

Your fox news link did not go to this quote. It sent me to the home page of about 50 **** Joe Biden stories.

Yes. They should be expected to run a clean plant.
This story exemplifies just how goofy the party of personal responsibility has fallen. It isn’t too much to ask for Abbott to run a clean plant, or for any of the manufacturers to have a 6 month supply on hand to rotate through. Just keep rotating the stock.
If I remember correctly their plant was not the one that made people sick, which was why they were shut down but they did have other issues so they remained closed. They claimed those issues were addressed and the FDA still wouldn’t let them reopen.

If I’m wrong I’ll gladly read any link you have that clears it up.

Yes. They should be expected to run a clean plant.
This story exemplifies just how goofy the party of personal responsibility has fallen. It isn’t too much to ask for Abbott to run a clean plant, or for any of the manufacturers to have a 6 month supply on hand to rotate through. Just keep rotating the stock.
Why should they have a 6 month supply? Do you know how much that would cost? How much warehouse space it would take? Would their distributors have to keep a six month supply too? What is the shelf life on baby formula? Expiration dates?

Reactions: TJ8869
Why should they have a 6 month supply? Do you know how much that would cost? How much warehouse space it would take? Would their distributors have to keep a six month supply too? What is the shelf life on baby formula? Expiration dates?
I was just about to make this same point. The standard shelf life of unopened formula is 12 months. And Luke’s solution is to ensure that every can of formula is at least 6 months old before it even enters the supply chain.

I was just about to make this same point. The standard shelf life of unopened formula is 12 months. And Luke’s solution is to ensure that every can of formula is at least 6 months old before it even enters the supply chain.
Exactly.

It was a fantastic ‘tell me you know nothing about business without telling me you know nothing about business’ post.

It was, just not to the extent it needed to be. The FDA dropped the ball and caused a big problem.
Agree

Could have cleared the way for imports months ago. That they’re doing it now speaks volumes.

Somebody at the FDA needs to be held responsible

Reactions: dandh
Gawd Sleepy Joe is such a dummy, he should be having a game show for the mothers and babies to compete against each other!

First of all, “babies are at risk” because this is the system that business has adopted…with the blessings of the previous administration.

Whew!!!

JIT for those Indy drivers to chug down a can in the Winner's Circle....
giphy.gif

Reactions: TJ8869
First of all, “babies are at risk” because this is the system that business has adopted…with the blessings of the previous administration.
Lol.

“I don’t blame the guy who’s been in charge for the past 16 months. I blame a different guy who used to be in charge and isn’t on my team.”

The government kept the free market from getting it done. It's not a victory when you create a problem then solve it.
First off I am not saying the admin is not at fault at all, they most certainly could have reacted better

The governments of both rep/dems are at fault on this. The relaxing of monopolistic practices were ushered in by repubs and the dems rapid promotion of "free trade" on a world wide basis laid the ground work for a situation like this to happen.

Reactions: TheCainer
Are you sure these didn't come from the US Government warehouses where we store the formula....in Juarez? Warehouses full of baby formula being given away at the border to the illegals! One of the best kept secrets of the Obama Administration! Hunter Biden is the CEO....and all this information is on his laptop!
I think Hugo Chavez is trying to use this baby formula to extort Biden

Nope

USMCA changed that. To the detriment of those who need it.
You want to continue to ignore this, but it was a significant contributing factor here.
How so? The emergency shipments of Nestle formula from Switzerland were made possible by temporarily relaxing the stringent labeling requirements for imported formula.

What was stopping the administration from temporarily relaxing those standards in, let’s say, March? What changed that enabled the administration to do something they didn’t/couldn’t do two months ago?

Are you sure these didn't come from the US Government warehouses where we store the formula....in Juarez? Warehouses full of baby formula being given away at the border to the illegals! One of the best kept secrets of the Obama Administration! Hunter Biden is the CEO....and all this information is on his laptop!
Old joe should set up a program that if you take in an immigrant family with a baby they will put you on a list to get formula from the stash at plus shipping and handling.

Should the admin have kept this to themselves and not let people know? I mean the shortage has been all over the news and all. No matter if the admin was slow to the table or not the people needing the formula would probably want to know formula is on the way.
It's the right thing to let the public know. It's really stupid to celebrate it like it's some sort of major accomplishment, especially when the problem was partially created by the government to start with.

Reactions: kwik44 and dandh
It's the right thing to let the public know. It's really stupid to celebrate it like it's some sort of major accomplishment, especially when the problem was partially created by the government to start with.

Government. The cause of, and the solution to, all our problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT