ADVERTISEMENT

A New Iowa Swarm 2021 Thread...

The older I get, the less I care about recruiting, recruiting rankings. The production I care about is on Saturday in the fall. Also, I’m not big into tearing down other schools classes. Over the past few years, I’ve been involved in the power 5 recruiting process and it’s a damn grind for these kids. I don’t care if it’s Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, etc.....If a kid earned a full ride to play D1 football, they should be commended. It takes a lot of work/sacrifice to get there.
You get a totally different perspective when you have kids go through the recruiting process, thats for sure.....

Reactions: FlickLikesBBC
LOL......At age 55, I want to just ignore Debbie remarks, but the 17 year old immature dude locked inside this aging and broken down body tells me that I need to stick the knife in Debbie troll fans, twist it and remind them of how insignificant they have become........Sorry, this is about swarm 21, so Screw those pale hosers from the West, lets talk Hawkeye football.
and eat Little Debbie snack cakes while doing so ;)

I think we get Brecht, Johnson is a maybe, Skyler Bell We get, Fidone would be icing on the cake but I am not sure where. he goes. He has so many options right now. We get the center out of Florida. I think this could end up being a very memorable class. Add in Parks as a get, and a very good one!

Last edited:
Reactions: FlickLikesBBC
I think we get Brecht, Johnson is a maybe, Skyler Bell We get, Fidone would be icing on the cake but I am not sure where. he goes. He has so many options right now. We get the center out of Florida. I think this could end up being a very memorable class. Add in Parks as a get, and a very good one!

Fidone seems to have a connection with some of the Iowa commits

I was pretty convinced that he was a long shot, but after seeing some small but maybe significant twitter things, I am thinking we have a decent shot. Iowa is hot on the recruiting trail now, and maybe he has been watching. ;)
He's definitely been paying close attention as he is very involved with fellow Hawkeyes on Twitter.

Who knows what his plans are for committing..but it'd be odd for him to be in close communication like he has been and then pick Nebraska. My opinion.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
I was pretty convinced that he was a long shot, but after seeing some small but maybe significant twitter things, I am thinking we have a decent shot. Iowa is hot on the recruiting trail now, and maybe he has been watching. ;)

I think Iowa definitely has a good shot, which is saying something since we hear how much of a Nebraska fan Fidone is.

As I've said all along, the longer this drags on, the better chance Iowa has of landing him. I'm guessing Fidone is really torn. Nebraska does not utilize TEs like Iowa does and certainly doesn't have the track record Iowa does of putting TEs in the NFL.

If Fidone weren't strongly considering Iowa, he would have given his verbal to Nebraska a long time ago. The fact is Nebraska can't offer what Iowa can. Fidone knows it, and that's why he is torn.

tenor.gif

I am trying to remember an Iowa Tight End (that started at some point) that did not get a realistic shot on Sundays. Maybe Jake Duzey? Not very many, that is for sure. I realize that if you are good, the NFL will find you, but It is hard to ignore what Iowa does with 2,3 and occasional 4 star recruits.

I think Iowa definitely has a good shot, which is saying something since we hear how much of a Nebraska fan Fidone is.

As I've said all along, the longer this drags on, the better chance Iowa has of landing him. I'm guessing Fidone is really torn. Nebraska does not utilize TEs like Iowa does and certainly doesn't have the track record Iowa does of putting TEs in the NFL.

If Fidone weren't strongly considering Iowa, he would have given his verbal to Nebraska a long time ago. The fact is Nebraska can't offer what Iowa can. Fidone knows it, and that's why he is torn.
Your probably right about that. However, I wonder if he pulls a fast one and decides to row the boat, since they have commit from Avante Dickerson from Omaha. I am not sure they are friends, but Fidone had the Fleck shirt on in his workout with Noah Fant picture. I doubt that, but stranger things have happened, and lord knows what Fleck would promise this kid. LOL I don't see the tug boat captian getting this kid though. LOL I actually have a gut feeling that Fidone will choose Iowa, otherwise he would be a Fusker by now. Maybe he knows where he needs to be, if so, I see a commit soon.....;)

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Your probably right about that. However, I wonder if he pulls a fast one and decides to row the boat, since they have commit from Avante Dickerson from Omaha. I am not sure they are friends, but Fidone had the Fleck shirt on in his workout with Noah Fant picture. I doubt that, but stranger things have happened, and lord knows what Fleck would promise this kid. LOL I don't see the tug boat captian getting this kid though. LOL I actually have a gut feeling that Fidone will choose Iowa, otherwise he would be a Fusker by now. Maybe he knows where he needs to be, if so, I see a commit soon.....;)

In my completely biased and unprofessional gut feeling, the only school not named Nebraska Fidone will commit to is Iowa.

Just based on my gut I'd say over the past few weeks Fidone has shifted more favorably to Iowa. Nebraska just cannot offer him and his family what Iowa can. My guess would be it's now 55% Iowa, 45% Nebraska. As always, that can change.

But I am pretty certain the boat rowers still sit at 0%, cute shirt and all.

I personally love when Nebraska fans chime in. They're so pathetic its almost endearing
Yep, they are so ignorant, yet they don’t even realize it. Heard a joke the other day (that sadly may be true) - How can Nebraska football team avoid losing to Iowa for 6th consecutive season? A: Have season cancelled by the pandemic.

On 247 sports' website - Cooper D. was upgraded to a 4-star a couple weeks ago, now downgraded to a 3-star.

These analysts... I'll tell you what.

In my completely biased and unprofessional gut feeling, the only school not named Nebraska Fidone will commit to is Iowa.

Just based on my gut I'd say over the past few weeks Fidone has shifted more favorably to Iowa. Nebraska just cannot offer him and his family what Iowa can. My guess would be it's now 55% Iowa, 45% Nebraska. As always, that can change.

But I am pretty certain the boat rowers still sit at 0%, cute shirt and all.

Minnesota didn't make his top 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT