ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers & The Jets

Does not look good...goes out on a cart. Looked harmless but must have hurt his ankle.

Not sure the current Bills head coach is ever gonna lead the Bills to a Super Bowl win. If you can't win games like tonight, you sure as heck are not gonna knock off Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs.

This wasn’t on McDermott. This was totally on Allen. I’m a fan and love the brilliance he can bring but the flat out stupidity he brings has gotten old. Refuses to slide or go out of bounds, horrible decisions with desperate passes, etc. He’s got some Favre in him where he’s entertaining as hell when it’s Good Josh, but Bad Josh makes you wanna throw shit at your screen. Horrible Josh was in the house tonight and has been too often in recent seasons. Their window is closing and IMO they won’t get it done, which makes me sad.

This wasn’t on McDermott. This was totally on Allen. I’m a fan and love the brilliance he can bring but the flat out stupidity he brings has gotten old. Refuses to slide or go out of bounds, horrible decisions with desperate passes, etc. He’s got some Favre in him where he’s entertaining as hell when it’s Good Josh, but Bad Josh makes you wanna throw shit at your screen. Horrible Josh was in the house tonight and has been too often in recent seasons. Their window is closing and IMO they won’t get it done, which makes me sad.

I just think part of this can be corrected with coaching and beating it into his head that (1) his stay won't be long in the NFL if he continues to play so recklessly (his body won't hold up); and (2) he just can't make some of those throws.

But I agree with you; I just don't see the Bills ever getting out of the AFC; just too many good teams and too many better, smarter QBs.

Yeah those interceptions were just bad throws. He was not sharp tonight at all.

Not sure the current Bills head coach is ever gonna lead the Bills to a Super Bowl win. If you can't win games like tonight, you sure as heck are not gonna knock off Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs.

Pro defenses are once again starting to catch up to modern pro offenses by being more relentless and violent up to the point of contact (at least towards QBs given the new rules).

It was evident watching this game, but I first noticed it watching the Lions-Chiefs game, and then the Buccaneers-Vikings game. The team with the more physical and violent defense won those games. Not the ones with the better offense/QB.

Some of that could just be "early season defenses being ahead of offense", but that remains to be seen.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Many are attributing Allen's drop off to the departure of Brian Daboll.

Many are attributing Allen's drop off to the departure of Brian Daboll.

I would agree to that a little bit--Dorsey isn't nearly as good a play caller as Daboll, IMO. Maybe that leads to defenses better recognizing what's going on and leads to less options, but last nights TOs were vintage Crap Josh. The first one wasn't a big deal as it was basically a punt. But the others were just plain stupid. Davis ran a mildly weak route, but was not close to being open, but he threw it anyway. Diggs wasn't just double-covered on that one, he was almost holding hands with both guys covering, and at that point is was take what you can get, let the clock run, and punt. He gets paid a zillion bucks a year to be smarter. Then the fumble...
Daboll was VERY good as an OC and was sad to see him leave, and have been disappointed in Dorsey so far, but as a fan you end up taking the 70 yard bomb on the run perfectly placed with the times when he tries to force one to me (a short, old, fat guy) in triple coverage. And after this many years, it seems we have way more of the latter than the former.

I feel a little bad for the jets fans but this couldn’t have happened to a better guy.
Signed Vikings fan for life.

I tore my achilles a few years ago. It was a delayed pain response, but I knew immediately what had happened after I realized there was no one behind me that could have kicked me in the leg. I'm feeling for Aaron. The recovery is long and slow. I have never felt a pain quite like the one after the nerve pain medication wore off post surgery.

Reactions: dekhawk
Aaron Rodgers won't win another NFL game.

But the Jets brass is doubling down on him. LOL

Reactions: littlez
connection to Hawkeyes football...

200w.gif

Reactions: BonzoFury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT