ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rogers asking fan to link arms

Yes it is racist. The fact that you and so many others don't understand that is one of the BIG problems we are having with this 'division'. And FYI, even believing their are different races (their isn't, there's one...human) makes one a racist.

So by recognizing there are different religions, does that make one anti-Semite, anti-Muslim, anti-Christian, etc.?

Yes it is racist. The fact that you and so many others don't understand that is one of the BIG problems we are having with this 'division'. And FYI, even believing their are different races (their isn't, there's one...human) makes one a racist.

C'mon ... everyone is a racist then.

I copied this from Hawkeye great Julian Vandervelde's FB page. If at least one of you 'get it', it will have been worth the effort.

For those who want to better understand what led to #taketheknee, this is the backstory:

Aug 14, 2016- Colin Kaepernick sits for the national anthem.....and no one noticed.

Aug 20, 2016- Colin again sits, and again, no one noticed.

Aug 26, 2016- Colin sits and this time he is met with a level of vitriol unseen against an athlete. Even the future President of the United States took shots at him while on the campaign trail. Colin went on to explain his protest had NOTHING to with the military, but he felt it hard to stand for a flag that didn't treat people of color fairly.

Aug 30, 2016- Nate Boyer, a former Army Green Beret turned NFL long snapper, penned an open letter to Colin in the Army Times. In it he expressed how Colin's sitting affected him.

Then a strange thing happened. Colin was able to do what most Americans to date have not...

He listened.

In his letter Mr. Boyer writes:
"I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.

Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, I’m trying to listen to what you’re saying and why you’re doing it."

Mr. Boyer goes on to write "There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and it’s just not helping anyone or anything. So I’m just going to keep listening, with an open mind.

I look forward to the day you're inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. I'll be standing right there next to you."

Empathy and understanding was shown by Mr. Boyer.........and Mr. Kaepernick reciprocated. Colin invited Nate to San Diego where the two had a 90-minute discussion and Nate proposed Colin kneel instead of sit.

But why kneel? In a military funeral, after the flag is taken off the casket of the fallen military member, it is smartly folded 13 times and then presented to the parents, spouse or child of the fallen member by a fellow service member while KNEELING. The two decided that kneeling for the flag would symbolize his reverence for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice while still allowing Colin to peacefully protest the injustices he saw.

Empathy, not zealotry under the guise of patriotism, is the only way meaningful discussion can be had. Mr. Kaepernick listened to all of you that say he disrespects the military and extended an olive branch to find a peace.
have you ever been to the funeral of a Vet? somehow I doubt it as when they presented the flag to me the Service men never knelt, that's like saying the Vets that fired the salute knelt while firing the mandatory shots. at NO time does a military member kneel in the presence of the flag.

they stand at attention then slate after presenting the flag, I apologized for not returning their salute as my left arm is immobile and I was holding the flag with my right,

do me a favor keep your uniformed knowledge of how the Flag is presented.

have you ever been to the funeral of a Vet? somehow I doubt it as when they presented the flag to me the Service men never knelt, that's like saying the Vets that fired the salute knelt while firing the mandatory shots. at NO time does a military member kneel in the presence of the flag.

they stand at attention then slate after presenting the flag, I apologized for not returning their salute as my left arm is immobile and I was holding the flag with my right,

I respect your service, but that is incorrect. The presenter often kneels when presenting the flag to the appropriate family member.

Plain and simple.

You put your right hand on your heart and you take off your hat and you face the flag during the anthem. There is no other way.

There is an evil in our world today that wants to tear us apart and divide us. If we cannot rally around our flag and our country then what is there to unite us? You take that cornerstone away and you can see why this is emotional for so many people. The Russians have long understood that if America was to ever be defeated we would need to be divided and fight ourselves, hence their emphasis on subversion.

Yes, there are problems in our country. We are not perfect and never will be perfect. We are the great experiment, this grand Republic. Throughout the years we have been tested, but have not fallen. The people protesting need to take some time off and travel around the world and through some history books to see what their lives could have been like. Remember Nile's Heisman speech...."I thank God I was warring on the gridirons of the Midwest and not on the battlefields of Europe. I can speak confidently and positively that the players of this country would much more, much rather, struggle and fight to win the Heisman award than the Croix de Guerre."

These NFL protesters state they do not like the President? Wow, I didn't like the last President and other President's before him but I did not start my day at a customer meeting representing my employer with a protest. Instead, I showed up to the ballot box to let me voice be heard and I volunteered for local campaigns. My neighbor down the street did the same but for the other candidate. You know what happens when you sit down at the table and put your country first and your political opinions oh, say 10th on the list of what's really important? You listen, talk, start laughing and end it all with a few beers.

We have our bad apples and will always have our bad apples. Public offices are no different. Most are outstanding, hard-working people but sure, there are some idiots here and there that screw up our lives around us. The ballot box is the proper place to first voice your disagreement. We all know voter participation is lagging in this country. Sure the Presidential election every four years gets 70-100M voters but what about the local elections? Where are these guys then? Why tarnish the flag when you refuse to let your voice be heard at the voting machine? Those of us who do not enjoy these protests do so with the reasoning that there are better ways to get your views across in a civilized manner the ancient Greeks would be proud of. If you have a beef with the system, make sure you vote, show up to council meetings, meet with community organizers, talk with your neighbors, volunteer and then if the system is still not working then you organize and peacefully protest. And when you protest you protest with all your heart, mind, and soul on your own time. If I have a beef I cannot drag my employer and their respective professional organizations into it.

The great men and women of law enforcement know that community engagement only helps their cause. It is hard to sit down and have that discussion if no one shows up to the meetings. Refusing your birthright and wearing socks that depict cops as pigs is not having a discussion. It is blatant disrespect. The cops that guard the NFL facilities often volunteer for that duty. How would the players like it if they turned a blind eye during a 3 hour NFL game and let the crazies raid the locker room and take all their jewelry, headphones, etc?

Lastly, you can sure tell our people are missing a big dose of civics. American exceptionalism is something to be celebrated but in the last generation or so we have been subverted to tell us we should be ashamed of ourselves. America stands not just for freedom but also liberty. Do we hit home runs every day? No but we should sure as hell root together for OUR team to go out and do just that for the betterment of the world every day.

We are the shining light on the hill that brings hope to the darkness. There is evil in this world. We saw it in the World Wars and it is ever present. When evil strikes the world, do you want to put your trust in China to fight it? The United Nations? The NATO countries? No, you want that city high on the hill to cast its light over the darkness. America is that city and can always be that city if we want her to be.

Last edited:
If you want to protest (why aren’t you doing it on your own time?) do it after the game. Most of us aren’t allowed to protest where we work. If you do protest be a man and take that jersey off first because then you are not representing your team,fans,or your city.

Reactions: B1G
Plain and simple.

You put your right hand on your heart and you take off your hat and you face the flag during the anthem. There is no other way.

There is an evil in our world today that wants to tear us apart and divide us. If we cannot rally around our flag and our country then what is there to unite us? You take that cornerstone away and you can see why this is emotional for so many people. The Russians have long understood that if America was to ever be defeated we would need to be divided and fight ourselves, hence their emphasis on subversion.

Yes, there are problems in our country. We are not perfect and never will be perfect. We are the great experiment, this grand Republic. Throughout the years we have been tested, but have not fallen. The people protesting need to take some time off and travel around the world and through some history books to see what their lives could have been like. Remember Nile's Heisman speech...."I thank God I was warring on the gridirons of the Midwest and not on the battlefields of Europe. I can speak confidently and positively that the players of this country would much more, much rather, struggle and fight to win the Heisman award than the Croix de Guerre."

These NFL protesters state they do not like the President? Wow, I didn't like the last President and other President's before him but I did not start my day at a customer meeting representing my employer with a protest. Instead, I showed up to the ballot box to let me voice be heard and I volunteered for local campaigns. My neighbor down the street did the same but for the other candidate. You know what happens when you sit down at the table and put your country first and your political opinions oh, say 10th on the list of what's really important? You listen, talk, start laughing and end it all with a few beers.

We have our bad apples and will always have our bad apples. Public offices are no different. Most are outstanding, hard-working people but sure, there are some idiots here and there that screw up our lives around us. The ballot box is the proper place to first voice your disagreement. We all know voter participation is lagging in this country. Sure the Presidential election every four years gets 70-100M voters but what about the local elections? Where are these guys then? Why tarnish the flag when you refuse to let your voice be heard at the voting machine? Those of us who do not enjoy these protests do so with the reasoning that there are better ways to get your views across in a civilized manner the ancient Greeks would be proud of. If you have a beef with the system, make sure you vote, show up to council meetings, meet with community organizers, talk with your neighbors, volunteer and then if the system is still not working then you organize and peacefully protest. And when you protest you protest with all your heart, mind, and soul on your own time. If I have a beef I cannot drag my employer and their respective professional organizations into it.

The great men and women of law enforcement know that community engagement only helps their cause. It is hard to sit down and have that discussion if no one shows up to the meetings. Refusing your birthright and wearing socks that depict cops as pigs is not having a discussion. It is blatant disrespect. The cops that guard the NFL facilities often volunteer for that duty. How would the players like it if they turned a blind eye during a 3 hour NFL game and let the crazies raid the locker room and take all their jewelry, headphones, etc?

Lastly, you can sure tell our people are missing a big dose of civics. American exceptionalism is something to be celebrated but in the last generation or so we have been subverted to tell us we should be ashamed of ourselves. America stands not just for freedom but also liberty. Do we hit home runs every day? No but we should sure as hell root together for OUR team to go out and do just that for the betterment of the world every day.

We are the shining light on the hill that brings hope to the darkness. There is evil in this world. We saw it in the World Wars and it is ever present. When evil strikes the world, do you want to put your trust in China to fight it? The United Nations? The NATO countries? No, you want that city high on the hill to cast its light over the darkness. America is that city and can always be that city if we want her to be.
Great post! Well said, sir!

Why aren't they showing unity for the thousands shot by their own? Why aren't they showing unity for the cops that were murdered (oh that's right the NFL was going to fine them for that).

Let's interlock middle fingers and show the NFL where they can go.

America can live without the NFL
The NFL can't live without America.

Agree, lefty libs are going to be the ruination of this country, book it.

Reactions: SCHawkGod

Yes, I am a veteran and I have been to more veterans funerals than I care to remember. I was at one of the largest military funerals ever when we lost a whole battalion of my brigade (248 soldiers) in a plane crash in 1985. Have you ever been in combat? I don't know what most of what you're saying has to do with anything, I just shared something. Maybe you should be talking to Julian.

Libs can justify anything (so long as it doesn't have to do with the truth).
What does 'lib' or conservative have to do with racism? Are you saying that those opposed to racism are 'libs' and those for it and practice it are conservatives? That sounds like what you're saying, because you're implying that anyone standing up or speaking out on racism is a 'lib'. A conservative would never speak out on racism???

Agree, lefty libs are going to be the ruination of this country, book it.

People like you have been saying that since we lefties got us out of Vietnam and passed civil rights laws. They're always wrong -- we "lefties" can be annoying, always nagging people about what's wrong with our country instead blindly supporting the status quo, but the left always ends up moving the country forward, dragging those on the Right kicking and screaming all the way.

Sorry, I thought this thread was about the Cowboy
Roy Rogers who asked his fans to put down their
fire arms and live in peace..

People like you have been saying that since we lefties got us out of Vietnam and passed civil rights laws. They're always wrong -- we "lefties" can be annoying, always nagging people about what's wrong with our country instead blindly supporting the status quo, but the left always ends up moving the country forward, dragging those on the Right kicking and screaming all the way.

Nothing wrong with moving the country forward. The problem is many lefties these days are trying to fight problems that don't exist, and calling half the country racist while they're at it. They're also becoming extreme on the economic side of things (ie Bernie Sanders and his followers)

Why aren't they showing unity for the thousands shot by their own? Why aren't they showing unity for the cops that were murdered (oh that's right the NFL was going to fine them for that).

And now we see from this weekends events that the NFL doesn't have a clue what they are "protesting"... Lynch wears a shirt that says "everybody vs trump" and then if you weren't aware, one of the "charities" that kaepershit gives money to

Colin Kaepernick started out taking a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality, but his activism has since expanded to encompass a wide range of leftist causes, including a group named after a convicted cop-killer.

The Colin Kaepernick Foundation donated in April $25,000 to Assata’s Daughters, a Chicago “direct action” resistance organization honoring Assata Shakur, who escaped prison and fled to Cuba after being found guilty in the 1973 murder of Officer Werner Foerster.

The grant includes $2,500 for CopWatch, a program that trains volunteers to follow and video police, and $15,000 for teen training, part of the group’s commitment to “develop and train young people, ages 4-19, in the Black queer feminist tradition and in the spirit of Assata.”

Apparently Mr. Kaepernick is also a fan: He retweeted a July 16 message wishing Shakur a happy birthday.

The contribution came as part of Mr. Kaepernick’s pledge last year to donate $1 million over 10 months to “organizations working in oppressed communities.”

So far he has given $900,000 in grants to 31 organizations, including apolitical services like Meals on Wheels as well as advocacy groups pushing a left-of-center agenda on issues like abortion, climate change, criminal-justice reform and immigration.

By "shot by their own" he means black people shot by other black people. Predominantly black communities have a big violence problem (significantly more than white communities), and pointing this out is not racist. It's reality. Understand rubberband?

If you don't believe there aren't a helluva lot of black people concerned with/working on black on black crime, it doesn't mean you are a racist. It just means you're dumb.

If you don't believe there aren't a helluva lot of black people concerned with/working on black on black crime, it doesn't mean you are a racist. It just means you're dumb.
Please show where the media is reporting such events... that is where the fault lies.

Final Chicago September Totals - http://heyjackass.com/
Shot & Killed: 57
Shot & Wounded: 273
Total Shot: 330
Total Homicides: 57

race-2017_092517.png

What is being talked about is not the b-b crime, it's ALL about .011% that are killed by white cops.

Reactions: speed4power
Please show where the media is reporting such events... that is where the fault lies.

Final Chicago September Totals - http://heyjackass.com/
Shot & Killed: 57
Shot & Wounded: 273
Total Shot: 330
Total Homicides: 57

race-2017_092517.png

What is being talked about is not the b-b crime
, it's ALL about .011% that are killed by white cops.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, true. What's a sexier story: "community works in a variety of efforts to reduce violence" OR "police killing black people in the streets!"?

And it's even easy to blame the corporate media. Blame the people who watch FOX News or CNN and their sensationalism. Good luck with that.

None of this negates the need for better police screening, training, or oversight. One of my good friends is a cop, and those measures allow him to do his job better.

I have no problem with you choosing not to support the NFL, but do you and others like you have to incessantly wail about it on the internet? Some of us still enjoy football and are able to compartmentalize the game and the window dressing. We all understand your feelings are hurt, amd I personally hope you get through this tough time in your life. Until then, please stop bitching so much.

Skol Vikes!

Okay, true. What's a sexier story: "community works in a variety of efforts to reduce violence" OR "police killing black people in the streets!"?

And it's even easy to blame the corporate media. Blame the people who watch FOX News or CNN and their sensationalism. Good luck with that.

None of this negates the need for better police screening, training, or oversight. One of my good friends is a cop, and those measures allow him to do his job better.[/QUOTE]
It also doesn't negate the need for parents to step up and teach their kids right from wrong, how to treat people with respect, how to act around law enforcement.

I have several friends that are City PD, Sheriffs and US Marsh, it all (including the training you discuss) leads to doing the job better. If one side does their job and the other doesn't, you end up with unwanted results. BOTH sides have to do better.

I have no problem with you choosing not to support the NFL, but do you and others like you have to incessantly wail about it on the internet? Some of us still enjoy football and are able to compartmentalize the game and the window dressing. We all understand your feelings are hurt, amd I personally hope you get through this tough time in your life. Until then, please stop bitching so much.

Skol Vikes!
And you read the threads all on your own accord... I wish you well too.

This whole thing has divided even the teams. It appears there is almost no true leadership in these locker rooms. The Steelers were so worried about it they forgot how to play football. Then Big Ben couldn't sleep that night because he was haunted by how they handled the anthem. This political bs from the left is even destroying sports now. The left realizes they don't have the outreach with the news anymore so they are spilling over to sports now too. As soon as this starts hitting the players pocket books I wonder just how dedicated they will be?
Shannon Sharpe, the Hall of Fame former NFL tight end-turned-the most woke sports analyst to ever to do it, is back at it again dropping straight gems. Sharpe wasn’t feeling the show of NFL locked-arm unity after President Donald Trump came out and declared that any player who protested during the national anthem should be fired.

“I’m disappointed. And I’m unimpressed,” Sharpe said during Fox Sports’Undisputed. “Because this is the tipping point. Of the 7,537 things that President Trump has said in the last 50 years, him calling an NFL player an SOB is what brought the NFL, the owners and its players, together. And while some might be moved by the conscience of these NFL owners, it wasn’t their conscience that moved them. It was the cash.”

Sharpe then went on to explain that if the NFL owners were really standing up against injustice, they could’ve done so long ago, like when Trump declared that Mexico was sending nothing but murderers and rapists to the United States. Or they could’ve stood up when he blasted the Gold Star Muslim family who lost their son in war. Or when he called Rosie O’Donnell a pig, or was caught on tape talking casually about how he sexually assaults random women.

“That did not shock the very conscience of seven NFL owners. Skip, allow me a second to name those guys: one, Daniel Snyder; Jerry Jones; Bob, Mr. Bob Kraft; McNair, Houston Texans; Woody Johnson; Shahid Khan,” Sharpe said. “They gave a million dollars for the inauguration of President Trump. And now they seem to be shocked. Every author that’s written a book about President Trump, and they started writing books about him in the 1980s, they say he is exactly today as he was then. So that is all I want to say about him, Skip. Now what has happened?”

http://www.theroot.com/shannon-sharpe-on-nfl-protest-im-disappointed-and-im-1818736697

And you read the threads all on your own accord... I wish you well too.

HROT isn't the only place people are crying about flags. You all better be careful or your flag hypersensitivity might turn you into a bleeding-hearts.

HROT isn't the only place people are crying about flags. You all better be careful or your flag hypersensitivity might turn you into a bleeding-hearts.

It's not about the flag itself for most people. The flag is just a symbol. It's more about the decaying loss of respect for our country, our country's history, and it's solidarity by the American left. Refusing to stand and respect our national anthem is just one symptom of that.

It's not about the flag itself for most people. The flag is just a symbol. It's more about the decaying loss of respect for our country, our country's history, and it's solidarity by the American left. Refusing to stand and respect our national anthem is just one symptom of that.

I don't know that going along with a boycott of American employers based on disagreeing with someones peaceful protest is exactly respecting the history of our country. It seems more like throwing a tantrum when other don't act exactly as you want them to.

I don't know that going along with a boycott of American employers based on disagreeing with someones peaceful protest is exactly respecting the history of our country. It seems more like throwing a tantrum when other don't act exactly as you want them to.

The freedom to consume or not consume a product based on your personal priorities is as American as apple pie.

You all might want to be careful on your insensitivity towards it. It has afforded you many things that you take for granted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT