ADVERTISEMENT

AAU State Wrestling

good tweet from James Kelly. I am still always shocked by the number of nut jobs I see at these tournaments. I shouldn't be surprised, because I lived it for a long time, but I always am.

good tweet from James Kelly. I am still always shocked by the number of nut jobs I see at these tournaments. I shouldn't be surprised, because I lived it for a long time, but I always am.

Their Dad never wrestled so he always used to call me and ask advice about this or that so I was big on the fun part/learning to roll at first. They take it seriously but also have a lot of other interests. They enjoy all the friends they have made state wide. They are going to be big boys at a school (West Lyon) that is known for football so eventually, football will get them. I just hope wrestling is ingrained enough that they stay dedicated to it. Good kids and their parents are doing a phenomenal job.

Omaha-Legends of Gold up in NW Iowa/Sioux Falls.

Just got home myself. Sometimes this sport drives me nuts. My son is 10 and drives me nuts. He made it and went 2 and out. Wrestled very flat. Split with the kid that got 3rd beat kids that were top 5 in both brackets above & below his. Now unlike some/a lot of the parents out there we talked a little about and moved on he's 10 and its not the end of the world. Love going and watching the kids though!!

Reactions: Azchief32
It's a Great opportunity for kids to make new friends and learn a lot about the sport in general. Some crazy coaches and parents caused some normal/typical problems watched 2 kids taken off by a stretcher and lots of crazy good Jr. High wrestling!!

Their Dad never wrestled so he always used to call me and ask advice about this or that so I was big on the fun part/learning to roll at first. They take it seriously but also have a lot of other interests. They enjoy all the friends they have made state wide. They are going to be big boys at a school (West Lyon) that is known for football so eventually, football will get them. I just hope wrestling is ingrained enough that they stay dedicated to it. Good kids and their parents are doing a phenomenal job.

Omaha-Legends of Gold up in NW Iowa/Sioux Falls.

That's an awesome club. I'm sure you already know this but their coach is Cody packs dad from sdsu. They have a bunch of little studs.

Reactions: Azchief32
Sansouci: "Why, Spooner, you look like someone just walked over your grave."

Spooner: "Fights not with you, Sansouci."

Sansouci: "I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish." "Play for blood, Remember."

Only one wanted to wrestle this weekend, they all could have, and if we ever run into each other I'm going to open hand slap your ass in the face and you won't do shit. Let me know.
Did you say, "Open hand slap your ass?"...........Dude.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Ok, ummmmm, I'm still trying to process "open hand slap your ass in the face".

Is your strategy that when your strike said opponent that in an uppercut motion you catch a cheek on the way upward to another cheek hoping that your opponent is turning to the side? I think I saw Chuck Norris describe this attack as the "Butt Swipe".

Reactions: tiltman
I think doing this with both hands can result in a "blast double" butt swipe making quadruple cheek contact thus resulting in four points. You can't defend that!

Reactions: whejoe
Wow, I'm old! Graduated high school with their dad!

Haha...proud cub are you? MF is my nephew. I went to elementary school in your hometown...you might know a few guys my age. Shawn King was my best friend as a kid.

Last edited:
Only one wanted to wrestle this weekend, they all could have, and if we ever run into each other I'm going to open hand slap your ass in the face and you won't do shit. Let me know.
SanSouci, you are either the biggest dick in the world, or a insanely cool guy who doesn't give an F. I'm not even sure someone isn't just ****ing with us by creating this SansSouci character.

I have a coworker whose friend made her 10 or 11 year old kid make himself puke to make weight for state. But, its not just wrestling parents who are crazy though. Basketball, baseball, soccer too. I've seen dad's screaming in the face of the tounament director at an 8 year old soccer tournament. Really? There are just some crazy parents out there. Its hard enough being a kid now with parents watching kids at practice all the time, games all the time. Parents yelling at their own kids and the other kids. Coaches involved in everything. I know that is the way it is now, but damn, its so crazy its funny. I am not for legalized marijuana at all, but they should make all the parents take a hit on a bong prior to their kids games. The kids would have more fun not hearing all the parents yell, and the parents would be more relaxed.

Remember the PSU fan who challenged guys here to a fight and claimed he beat up Mr. Alton? We need to find him and get him and SanSouci together for a fight. We can all pay admission and the profits (after my promoters fee of $1000) can goto a center for stressed out kids. Seriously though, am I remembering that guy challenging people to fights correctly?

tumblr_n3odvq5fpk1t6cr7go1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT