ADVERTISEMENT

ABC coverage of college football

Dec 29, 2005
Is it just me or does not ABC now not show the score, the clock, time outs remaining?

The coverage continues to have crawls of other scores across the bottom.

Along with that they do not give the score and time when they go to commercials.

Am I the only one annoyed, disgusted and think this SUCKS?

Maybe it's the screen proportion on your tv. That happened to mine once, and it looked like the station, ntil I started hitting everything on the remote until I found the button that fixed it.

But sports coverage in general sucks nowadays. I remember when they used to show the score without fancy graphics before commercials. Just plain text.

Yeah, it’s just you.

*Hint* - look at the bottom for the ticker, and look to the bottom right for the score. Should be good to go now.

Something with the picture on my TV puts the information off to the right side of the screen for me on ABC as well. It's aggravating because you can't see the score, clock, etc..Mediacom is so bad that their system doesn't recognize the digital tuners in my Samsung TV's so I have to use analog boxes instead of getting a digital signal. Never mind that I was getting digital TV for 7 years on the same sets via Time-Warner before moving back to Iowa. My parents bought a new TV and I had to go through 3 different models before we could get a digital signal to pick up all of the channels and work properly. Of course Mediacom says that it's a problem with the brand new TV's and not them!

TV has become absolute shit ever since they got rid of traditional TV (over the air). I liked it so much better when all I had to worry about was the VCR remote. TVs and videos might have a better quality resolution now, but things are so much more complicated. You can't even record shows for friends or family and give it to them anymore like you could with VHS tapes. High tech has become stupid.

TV has become absolute shit ever since they got rid of traditional TV (over the air). I liked it so much better when all I had to worry about was the VCR remote. TVs and videos might have a better quality resolution now, but things are so much more complicated. You can't even record shows for friends or family and give it to them anymore like you could with VHS tapes. High tech has become stupid.
Kirk Ferentz, is that you?

Never said I didnt like your post. You mentioned Vhs tapes and were complaining about the advances in technology, which sounds exactly like something KF would say.
lol I gotcha. I kind of thought the same thing after I posted it lol. I honestly love technology. Hell, I'm a computer programmer, I have an Oculus Rift virtual reality headset (I'm sure that'll draw some replies ;), and I'm designing some new stuff right now. That said, I do know that ease of use is a thing long-forgotten with some technology. I honestly do miss how easy VCRs were to use. Record stuff on tapes, give them to people, change the channel with the same remote, and you could even set the timer to record something on one channel, then turn the VCR off, and watch something at the same time on a different channel with the TV remote. I miss the 90s lol.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT