ADVERTISEMENT

ABC News edits RFK Jr. interview to exclude ‘false claims about the COVID-19 vaccines’

Of course the most obvious question we should all be asking is (copied and pasted from the comments responding to RFK's comment):
Is there any recourse to this? They broke the law.

Of course the most obvious question we should all be asking is (copied and pasted from the comments responding to RFK's comment):
Is there any recourse to this? They broke the law.

The most obvious question we should all be asking is Kennedy telling the truth about the network breaking the law?

Kennedy cites law that prohibits censoring federal candidate *ads.*

Of course, this wasn’t an ad, but an interview, which is specifically exempted from law he cites:

Appearance by a legally qualified candidate on any—

(2) bona fide news interview,
shall not be deemed to be use of a broadcasting station within the meaning of this subsection.

So Kennedy lied and the usual suspects just accept that the network broke the law without question.

JFC America is lost.

The most obvious question we should all be asking is Kennedy telling the truth about the network breaking the law?

Of course, this wasn’t an ad, but an interview, which is specifically exempted from law he cites:

shall not be deemed to be use of a broadcasting station within the meaning of this subsection.

So Kennedy lied and the usual suspects just accept that the network broke the law without question.

JFC America is lost.
Good post minus the "JFC".

That is what the subsection states. Not sure I'd call it "lying" as it could be an oversight of stating the wrong subsection, etc.. I'd be interested to hear RFK's response to it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Good post minus the "JFC".

That is what the subsection states. Not sure I'd call it "lying" as it could be an oversight of stating the wrong subsection, etc.. I'd be interested to hear RFK's response to it.
If someone is publically accusing a network of breaking the law citing a specific subsection and is a lawyer by trade they better cite the correct subsection.

JFC America is lost.
In his defense, I believe it took him three years to pass the bar.

Every news station edits interviews. Do you honestly think when you see or hear a 1-2 minute response from trump or Biden or desantis or whoever that that is the entirety of the interview, briefing or speech? Of course not. Just like with his COVID non-sense, Kennedy is playing loose with the facts

Brand is describing himself.

"Brand said, "shows the media is obsessed with itself in a sort of narcissistic spiral, reporting on its own perspective, its own heroes, and its own villains."

Brand, and you too, apparently, believes that alternative facts and misinformation carry as much weight as actual facts and that it makes perfect sense to ignore the mainstream media just because.

The mainstream media didn't kill Ashli Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland - Donald Trump, the right wing opinion media and alternative facts did and y'all are too brainwashed to notice.

JFC America is lost.
I never said they broke the law. I posted the article without comment.

• Haha
Every news station edits interviews.

Which is why there's a push among some on the right to completely block out the MSM. Even if you sit for an interview and effectively debate the interviewer, the interviewer and/or their managers are able to manipulate and control the narrative.

Which is why there's a push among some on the right to completely block out the MSM. Even if you sit for an interview and effectively debate the interviewer, the interviewer and/or their managers are able to manipulate and control the narrative.
Fox News, the flagship of rightwing media, lies as part of its business model. They admit it! You regularly post garbage from "right" media sources that is debunked almost as soon as you post it.

And yet you complain about the MSM? And there are legitimate criticisms of what most people consider to be the "MSM". What gets me are the rightwing nuts like you who consume absolutely completely garbage media and then go off about it.

Clean up your own media before you go after any other media.

I guess the big questions about this are these:

Did they not include the stuff to protect him from himself?

Did they not include the stuff to protect Biden from having to deal with it?

Did they not included the stuff to not want to let those views out in general through their airways?

If this was DeSantis or another GOPer would they have cut it or played it to play up their conspiracy theory angles of Republican candidates?

Like when Tucker cut all the most egregious Nazi stuff from his Ye interview so he could fit the less egregious Nazi stuff inside an hour

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT