ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan lies

seminole97

HR Legend
Jun 14, 2005
Link

Can we leave yet? Or do you guys still think a ‘win’ is somewhere out there?

“In the interviews, more than 400 insiders offered unrestrained criticism of what went wrong in Afghanistan and how the United States became mired in nearly two decades of warfare.

With a bluntness rarely expressed in public, the interviews lay bare pent-up complaints, frustrations and confessions, along with second-guessing and backbiting.

We were devoid of a fundamental understanding of Afghanistan — we didn’t know what we were doing,” Douglas Lute, a three-star Army general who served as the White House’s Afghan war czar during the Bush and Obama administrations, told government interviewers in 2015. He added: “What are we trying to do here? We didn’t have the foggiest notion of what we were undertaking.

“If the American people knew the magnitude of this dysfunction . . . 2,400 lives lost,” Lute added, blaming the deaths of U.S. military personnel on bureaucratic breakdowns among Congress, the Pentagon and the State Department. “Who will say this was in vain?”

I just read this a couple of minutes ago. I don’t know how people still support this foreign policy lunacy. $1 trillion wasted and 10s of 1000s of innocent life’s gone for no reason.

I just read this a couple of minutes ago. I don’t know how people still support this foreign policy lunacy. $1 trillion wasted and 10s of 1000s of innocent life’s gone for no reason.

6 trillion wasted on Iraq/Afghanistan and all of the other random offensive operations since 2001.

Reactions: ParkerHawk
"A person identified only as a senior National Security Council official said there was constant pressure from the Obama White House and Pentagon to produce figures to show the troop surge of 2009 to 2011 was working, despite hard evidence to the contrary"

Kind of shoots a hole in that whole theory that only scandal Obama was involved in was wearing a tan suit. Obama the war mongerer. Wonder why he always seems to get a pass for his role in the continued war effort in the Middle East? Seems Tulsi brings this up debate after debate but continues to get called a Russian asset or something from the lefties on here and by the Clinton arm of the Dem Party. Weird. It's almost like our two parties really aren't that different from each other.

Let’s pull out of everywhere, cut the defense budget by a third and invest all that money into healthcare and infrastructure.

I don’t think we need to pull out of everywhere but I do agree we need to leave a lot of areas.

I wonder how young people view war at this point. There are some college freshman that have only lived during war time. There are probably 25 or 26 year olds that only remember times when we were at war.

Still think it is worth the effort to keep enough international forces there to allow the girls to go to school. Even the Russians were promoting that when they were there.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Still think it is worth the effort to keep enough international forces there to allow the girls to go to school.

Then you probably don’t want to hear how that’s going:

“A 2017 World Bank report suggests that as many as 66 percent of Afghanistan's girls are not in school.“

Sorry, but I would not want to send my son to war in order to let girls in a 3rd world country have the ability to go to school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT