ADVERTISEMENT

Ain't that America. Sumthin' to see...

Really dumb that it is legal to walk around like that. Couple things though.

First, this really doesn't tell you anything unless it would have been the same cop, or if it would have been repeated many times.

Second, it is not just white racist cops that would react differently in the real world. A black cop or even black members of the community would also be more frightened of the black man with a gun than a white guy. It's just ingrained in our society. They've done studies where they've done the same thing in both black and white neighborhoods. Both communities reacted the same way in regards to race. It sucks bad but it's true.

Could you imagine if a cop just drives by and waves because there is nothing illegal about it and then the person actually shoots something up? The narrative would be a cop saw a armed person walking towards a school or business and just waves when they could have prevented casualties.
There is a real easy way to not put you guys in the position to begin with. :)

Secondly, we as a society need to admit that all people are not treated equally and a part of that inequality is because of the color of one's skin. One may disagree whether that treatment is malicious or not on each individual case, but it is a fact. And as a consequence we must understand that those treated differently have the right to be distrustful of our society. Granted, there are those who will use what I am talking about to "get one over" on society. There are always people in every circumstance who are malcontents and those persons should be called to task. This should not be used as an excuse by society as a whole to not try to improve race relations. The first step is admitting the issue and far too many people fail to do so.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Would you agree that open carry laws are ridiculous? Does it make you feel are warm and fuzzy inside knowing there is all these "good guys with a gun" walking around. I think its terrifying. One of many reasons I wouldn't do your job. Its hard enough if people weren't strapped with assault weapons. Stay safe.
Ya I’m not a fan of open carry. Really don’t see the need.

Is there anything dumber than open carry laws? You can’t walk around without a shirt but it’s fine to strap on a military rifle.
But, it’s MY right (as a White American, apparently) to do so! And MY Rights certainly supersede any thoughts of general welfare or public safety!
I agree though that “open carry” laws are about as dumb as dumb can be....and Americans understand that being stupid ain’t no crime! A marriage made in heaven!

I'm not a fan of open carry. However, it is legal. Here 8 cops show up for an African-American first/second amendment auditor

A few things. Different cops are going to get you different responses. Also, I'm assuming these people were called in and you have no idea what the reporting party said.

These people decided to waste everyone's time and resources for a experiment. Could you imagine if a cop just drives by and waves because there is nothing illegal about it and then the person actually shoots something up? The narrative would be a cop saw a armed person walking towards a school or business and just waves when they could have prevented casualties.

This video shows what happens when you comply. Everyone goes home.

This!

Idiots out making these videos.

Reactions: Hawkman98
Isn't this evidence that all this racism stuff may be getting worse not better? White people are actually becoming racist because of all this dei stuff, black lives matters, and white privilege stuff.

If you want to continue to have racism get worse, keep doing what the left is doing and push the agenda that all white people are racist. this is not a winning battle and will lead to worse race relations.

Isn't this evidence that all this racism stuff may be getting worse not better? White people are actually becoming racist because of all this dei stuff, black lives matters, and white privilege stuff.

If you want to continue to have racism get worse, keep doing what the left is doing and push the agenda that all white people are racist. this is not a winning battle and will lead to worse race relations.
I like the way you think.

Signed,
Archie Bunker

"The left" is not doing this. Your brain is OD'd on propaganda, again.
What about Kelisa wing? She was promoting her books about anti racism, white privilege, and blm while serving as a representative of the government.

Can you show me that race relations have improved since the start of blm and dei?
Can you show me how whites have improved race relations since the start of BLM and DEI?

Neither of us can bring the receipts on this issue.

One could argue that things have not gotten worse, but that much more of it is being outed because of technology. In other words..BAU for America.

Can you show me how whites have improved race relations since the start of BLM and DEI?

Neither of us can bring the receipts on this issue.

One could argue that things have not gotten worse, but that much more of it is being outed because of technology. In other words..BAU for America.
I do not think race relations have gotten better.

I definitely think this needs to be explored. how blm and dei stuff affect race relations in the past 4 years compared to the previous 5 years. I would like to know the results of this.

I do not think race relations have gotten better.

I definitely think this needs to be explored. how blm and dei stuff affect race relations

Now do MAGAs

GettyImages-830617844-1024x683.jpg

If I were a black guy, there's no way in hell I'd walk around with an AR-15 strapped to my back, even as an experiment.
I wouldn't do it even though I am 1/2 white 1/2 Asian. You don't know what someone may call in to report or if an actual crime happened in the same area that you are in and if the description is similar enough to you it could cause a bunch of itchy finger guns pointed at you.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

You are the definition of a snowflake

A few things. Different cops are going to get you different responses. Also, I'm assuming these people were called in and you have no idea what the reporting party said.

These people decided to waste everyone's time and resources for a experiment. Could you imagine if a cop just drives by and waves because there is nothing illegal about it and then the person actually shoots something up? The narrative would be a cop saw a armed person walking towards a school or business and just waves when they could have prevented casualties.

This video shows what happens when you comply. Everyone goes home.
The question isn’t about driving by or stopping. The police stopped in both cases. We have video after video of the police negotiating at length with armed white men - some of them mentally unhinged - and we have videos of a black man being shot in the back as he ran away and having a weapon thrown down and of the police rolling up on a 12 year old boy with a toy gun and shooting him almost before the car stopped. It’s ok to admit that people are treated differently based on their race.

So your argument is that people of color finally having a platform to speak out about oppression, marginalization, and violence; and others pointing out how those of us in the majority do in fact benefit from this even if we're not aware of benefiting from it is the cause of white people deciding to be even MORE racist? So if I point out that the fire you keep burning in your yard is setting mine on fire, rather than trying to take ownership of that and lessen the risk you start more fires, that's somehow "MY" fault?

No what you're pointing out is that we white folks are awfully fragile. We love to believe we're holy, pure, and just... But when it's shown that we're not as holy and just as we think we are and that illusion shatters, we simply have a tendency to go all in on injustice.

Nah dude, that's not the fault of people of color. That's the fault of us white folks not being able to handle criticism well.

So your argument is that people of color finally having a platform to speak out about oppression, marginalization, and violence; and others pointing out how those of us in the majority do in fact benefit from this even if we're not aware of benefiting from it is the cause of white people deciding to be even MORE racist? So if I point out that the fire you keep burning in your yard is setting mine on fire, rather than trying to take ownership of that and lessen the risk you start more fires, that's somehow "MY" fault?

No what you're pointing out is that we white folks are awfully fragile. We love to believe we're holy, pure, and just... But when it's shown that we're not as holy and just as we think we are and that illusion shatters, we simply have a tendency to go all in on injustice.

Nah dude, that's not the fault of people of color. That's the fault of us white folks not being able to handle criticism well.
Nope. What I said is that it is not beneficial to keep pushing an agenda that is attacking white people in the process. Create unity, not division.

Your analogy is wrong. A better analogy would be me moving into a new house, but the neighbor getting mad at me because the previous owner of my house was starting fires.

I think a better approach to race is to find similarities rather than creating a divide by placing blame on white people who had nothing to do with historical racism.

Is if fair for me to judge you based on what your great grandfather did? That seems crazy.

Reactions: Ehhhdolph
Nope. What I said is that it is not beneficial to keep pushing an agenda that is attacking white people in the process. Create unity, not division.

Your analogy is wrong. A better analogy would be me moving into a new house, but the neighbor getting mad at me because the previous owner of my house was starting fires.

I think a better approach to race is to find similarities rather than creating a divide by placing blame on white people who had nothing to do with historical racism.

Is if fair for me to judge you based on what your great grandfather did? That seems crazy.
This is the thing that gets me - white people claiming they have no advantage over blacks because slavery was a long time ago or other such nonsense. It's completely oblivious to the realities faced by African Americans and other minorities. People like you are essentially saying "Hey, what more do you want? We invited you to the race and now you're complaining about having to start 200 yards behind, with no shoes or any training/practice. You should be satisfied that we let you in the race".

SMFH

• Haha
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
This is the thing that gets me - white people claiming they have no advantage over blacks because slavery was a long time ago or other such nonsense. It's completely oblivious to the realities faced by African Americans and other minorities. People like you are essentially saying "Hey, what more do you want? We invited you to the race and now you're complaining about having to start 200 yards behind, with no shoes or any training/practice. You should be satisfied that we let you in the race".

SMFH

What are you doing to help black people, Riley?

Reactions: Hawk_82

SMFH
I didn't say white people never gained an advantage over black people. I said, I dont see how blaming people like me is going to help. What have I done to deserve hate from the black community?

Let's work on getting black people caught up through promoting education and increasing family support. Let's reward black people who are willing to work hard in school and earn their success. lets offer free financial counseling to black people so they can manage their money. This creates a positive feedback loop that will lead to greater success.

Blaming white people creates a victim mentality and leads to more systemic problems and increased racial tension.

I didn't say white people never gained an advantage over black people. I said, I dont see how blaming people like me is going to help. What have I done to deserve hate from the black community?

Let's work on getting black people caught up through promoting education and increasing family support. Let's reward black people who are willing to work hard in school and earn their success. lets offer free financial counseling to black people so they can manage their money. This creates a positive feedback loop that will lead to greater success.

Blaming white people creates a victim mentality and leads to more systemic problems and increased racial tension.
JFC - you aren't being blamed personally, this is about the systemic issues that favor white people (white males specifically). They hold the power and are unwilling to invest to raise the black communities up. Who else is there to blame if not those who hold the power to make change but refuse to do so?

First off nobody is blaming white people like you and me for what happened. They're simply asking that we be aware of the advantages that we've received and to help in calling them out so that the system can become more fair. However we often see any criticism that we didn't get everything we have just off of our own hard work as criticism as us OR we see that leveling the playing field would in fact lessen our advantage and we get scared or resentful and push back.

LOL. That's what I figured.

I am an advocate for racial equality. I vote for candidates who strive to invest in programs to support African Americans and other underprivileged. I contribute to funds that promote equality.

Again, your turn.

To what exactly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT