ADVERTISEMENT

Airport Security Lines Grow As TSA “Sickout” Continues Through the Trump Shutdown

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
https://www.joemygod.com/2019/01/airport-security-lines-grow-as-tsa-sickout-continues/

Including Miami customs with NO folks manning the customs lines... passengers just sitting on floor.

Forbes reports:

Security lines at airports across the country are starting to grow long as nationwide action from TSA workers starts to take its toll. On Friday, CNN reported that the agency, which is responsible for operating security checkpoints at airports across the country, was suffering from staffing shortages as a function of the government shutdown.

Starting on Sunday, the sickouts appeared to be having an impact on wait times at a handful of typically-busy security checkpoints.

At New York’s LaGuardia airport, passengers passing through Terminal C, which is primarily inhabited by Delta Air Lines, were subject to wait times of around 90 minutes. TSA Precheck, the service that typically expedites pre-cleared passengers through security, was also closed at that checkpoint.

Reactions: cigaretteman
On the bright side, I imagine many of these govt workers will be out driving for Uber/Lyft during their sick out... thereby lowering those fares.

Gotta be honest. I think Trump is enjoying this shutdown. It doesn't seem like he is in any hurry to open the government back up. I wouldn't be surprised if he begins changing the terms of what he wants just to keep this thing going.

Gotta be honest. I think Trump is enjoying this shutdown. It doesn't seem like he is in any hurry to open the government back up. I wouldn't be surprised if he begins changing the terms of what he wants just to keep this thing going.

I don't know, the longer it goes the more sensible Republicans will turn away from him come 2020 just because he put their family in a bind financially.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT