ADVERTISEMENT

Aj's enrollment

As long as the U doesn't pull a fast one on us and this goes through as it's supposed to, somebody retired or bored at work please go back and find all of Spoon Boy's posts calling anybody who said it may happen idiots.

Are you talking about me? If so, care to link these posts? Thanks.

I do recall making posts of that nature pointing out the hypocrisy of posters blasting this guy for years but now having full on chubs over having him on the team. Funny how that works. But that’s a different subject.

Regardless, not a fan of this or him at all. But that’s just one loud mouth’s opinion. It is what it is at this point.

Yes. Because most of the same people are the ones who bitch and moan about us not winning, and or, not doing whatever it takes to secure top end point scorers. It’s the hypocrisy that gives us the giggles. As if they’ll be sitting on their hands after a big win from AJ in Carver to lock up a big dual. Yes…. Clowns.

Knowing the dynamic a bit, I expect it to work out quite well.
Gobs,

Most of us don’t have the same access to the program that you do, so we don’t know the dynamic at all. If he comes to Iowa it will be really good for the sport as it will generate a lot of buzz and sell a lot of tickets. I have been a pretty hardcore Hawkeye wrestling fan since the early 90’s and my allegiance has never wavered. I do however have some concerns about the possibility of the situation imploding. AJ is a volatile personality that gets a lot of negative attention based on his actions. I hope I’m wrong and if he ends up at Iowa, is a model citizen for the duration. No issues with Anthony and Angelo however.

Are you talking about me? If so, care to link these posts? Thanks.

I do recall making posts of that nature pointing out the hypocrisy of posters blasting this guy for years but now having full on chubs over having him on the team. Funny how that works. But that’s a different subject.

Regardless, not a fan of this or him at all. But that’s just one loud mouth’s opinion. It is what it is at this point.
I'm neither retired or bored at work, so hopefully somebody else takes care of it for me.

swing out dance GIF

Gobs,

Most of us don’t have the same access to the program that you do, so we don’t know the dynamic at all. If he comes to Iowa it will be really good for the sport as it will generate a lot of buzz and sell a lot of tickets. I have been a pretty hardcore Hawkeye wrestling fan since the early 90’s and my allegiance has never wavered. I do however have some concerns about the possibility of the situation imploding. AJ is a volatile personality that gets a lot of negative attention based on his actions. I hope I’m wrong and if he ends up at Iowa, is a model citizen for the duration. No issues with Anthony and Angelo however.
Let's hold judgement on AJ too at this point. He was at the meet with 2 high character Hawks. Obviously he's doing the right things now. He didn't just show up on his own, the staff, team, and school are in.
He F*cked up, he appears to be trying to right the ship.

Let's give him a chance.

On IowaHawkeyeWrestling Instagram stories, check out the reaction cam video after Schrievers win. Background has Aj and his reaction. Fist bumps all around. Good to see him interacting with the team and supporting. Also side observation, I thought he looked kinda small next to Ben.

just remember there are 2 sides to every story. I for one was not happy about the whole deal at first. From losing Chittum to dealing With what I thought was a bad family. Knowing what I know now makes me feel a lot better about the situation. We need guys like this to figure out how to beat Carl. I have said it before and will say it again the Hawks are going to end up finishing higher than most think this year and look out for next year here we come Carl.

just remember there are 2 sides to every story. I for one was not happy about the whole deal at first. From losing Chittum to dealing With what I thought was a bad family. Knowing what I know now makes me feel a lot better about the situation. We need guys like this to figure out how to beat Carl. I have said it before and will say it again the Hawks are going to end up finishing higher than most think this year and look out for next year here we come Carl.
Exactly!

How many years of eligibility does he have left? 3
Athletes have 5 years to compete in 4. And he came after the Covid year so that would not be relevant.

He won his championship in 2020-2021.

And he competed too many times in 2021-2022 season for a medical hardship.

He didn’t compete 2022-2023 which would essentially be his redshirt.

So he has the rest of this season and then next (2024-2025) would be his last season.

Unless I’m missing something, and then somebody feel free to correct me.

Reactions: globalhawk
On IowaHawkeyeWrestling Instagram stories, check out the reaction cam video after Schrievers win. Background has Aj and his reaction. Fist bumps all around. Good to see him interacting with the team and supporting. Also side observation, I thought he looked kinda small next to Ben.
Let's hope he's getting into 97 shape , then it would stand to reason that he looks small next to Ben.

Athletes have 5 years to compete in 4. And he came after the Covid year so that would not be relevant.

So he has the rest of this season and then next (2024-2025) would be his last season.

21 didn’t count towards his eligibility
22 counted
23 was redshirt
He had 24,25,26 left for eligibility.

2020-21 was the Covid year. It didn’t count.

2021-22 competed for year 1

2022-23 redshirt

2023-24 year 2

So he has 2 years after this one, assuming he wants it and meets degree progress standards.

Likewise, please correct me if I’m wrong.

2020-21 was the Covid year. It didn’t count.

2021-22 competed for year 1

2022-23 redshirt

2023-24 year 2

So he has 2 years after this one, assuming he wants it and meets degree progress standards.

Likewise, please correct me if I’m wrong.
So 3 left, sweet!

Reactions: eb05
I'm neither retired or bored at work, so hopefully somebody else takes care of it for me.

swing out dance GIF

Oh ok then. Just say whatever I guess.

I will wear it if I said it. But to make such a claim and not back it up is asinine at best.

You like AJ and want him to be a Hawk? I'm good with that. You don't like him but will hold your nose and hope for the best? Good with that too. Don't want him here? Also good with it. Can't deny the talent with all three guys...they don't set the scoring board on fire with comparable competition but they stay in great position, are really hard to take down, in shape and can ride. For all the flexing and extra curricular stuff, they are cerebral on the mat.

This is America...winning tends to make things in the rearview mirror appear very distant. If AJ does that and puts a lid on the douchebaggery, then he'll be fine.

Thats a very good Question. He does, but that doesn't mean he didn't mix them up.. I honestly prob shouldn't of even said anything but it isn't real inside information because he has no connection to the wrestling program.

Him being at the match with Gabe and Ben certainly adds fire to the smoke.
Gabe and Ben would be good role models for him to hang with.

Agree, and Ben is a very small D1 heavyweight, so I think this solidifies AJ going 197.

Reactions: TarpHawk and eb05
for those of you that pay attention to the NFL, I view this situation similarly to how the Patriots operated during their dynastic run with Tom Brady. They were notorious for bringing in talented guys that were labeled as disruptive or bad characters because they had such a good culture built and leadership from their coaching staff.
We tried this with PD3 and he didn’t follow our rules we had set for him and he left without causing any issues.

Let's hold judgement on AJ too at this point. He was at the meet with 2 high character Hawks. Obviously he's doing the right things now. He didn't just show up on his own, the staff, team, and school are in.
He F*cked up, he appears to be trying to right the ship.

Let's give him a chance.
He’s sitting with two high character hawks so it appears he is really trying hard to behave? Okay.

Reactions: MAGAman and KYHWKY
If my son had character issues, sending him to Tom and Terry would be exactly my move. They have shown the ability to change boys into men for years now. They have a great culture not only with the current team, but with the guys who have stayed around HWC. AJ will have plenty of support if he wants it. Only he can use what surrounds him to write the next chapter. He’s a young man, so plenty of time to change his story. I always think of Desanto in these situations. It wasn’t always perfect at the beginning, but Austin has turned out to be a good young man because he used the resources available to him. He had good coaches, teammates and a circle that had his back. Hope this ends the same way.

Yes. Because most of the same people are the ones who bitch and moan about us not winning, and or, not doing whatever it takes to secure top end point scorers. It’s the hypocrisy that gives us the giggles. As if they’ll be sitting on their hands after a big win from AJ in Carver to lock up a big dual. Yes…. Clowns.

Knowing the dynamic a bit, I expect it to work out quite well.
Wow, Gobblin, you couldn't be more wrong in this statement. The people who make those arguments are the ones who are supporting the AJ move. These are the win at all cost people. The potential consequences of taking on the risk of a man with his criminal and behavioral history, along with his shameless self promotion and extraordinary ego may negate all the positive influence Spencer has had in this program. It is a big risk.

Wow, Gobblin, you couldn't be more wrong in this statement. The people who make those arguments are the ones who are supporting the AJ move. These are the win at all cost people. The potential consequences of taking on the risk of a man with his criminal and behavioral history, along with his shameless self promotion and extraordinary ego may negate all the positive influence Spencer has had in this program. It is a big risk.
Huh?? I am well aware of the “risk” and I never condemned anyone with concerns over said risk. But there were quite a few flat out renouncing their fandom if AJ came on board. That’s the stuff of goofballs and I hope they stick to their words. Morality police posters are tiresome and boring at best.

Trust is obviously earned and Anthony, AJ, and the whole family have earned it in spades from the staff thus far and that’s all I can go off of. Their work ethic and dedication is off the charts. I can’t wait to see them compete in the black singlet and have the ultimate trust that our coaching staff knows how to handle everything regarding the Ferraris going forward. I will keep this energy until they give reason not to, in which case I again have the utmost trust in the staff to handle things as well as they always do.

These young men are going to provide some great Hawkeye wrestling moments and I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re all here for.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and GO HAWKS!

Last edited:
I'm a Hawkeye fan and think he is a piece of shit.
But he is a good wrestler, so..:rolleyes:

Watch people come out of the woodwork to defend him. You can save it.

I will have to accept him becoming a Hawkeye. Doesn't mean I have to like it. He better follow Brands instructions 100% and not deviate. His leash is a choke collar
Tell us about your personal interactions with him please. Surely you've had plenty to make your judgement?

Wrong

If my son had character issues, sending him to Tom and Terry would be exactly my move. They have shown the ability to change boys into men for years now. They have a great culture not only with the current team, but with the guys who have stayed around HWC. AJ will have plenty of support if he wants it. Only he can use what surrounds him to write the next chapter. He’s a young man, so plenty of time to change his story. I always think of Desanto in these situations. It wasn’t always perfect at the beginning, but Austin has turned out to be a good young man because he used the resources available to him. He had good coaches, teammates and a circle that had his back. Hope this ends the same way.
And Desanto wanted to change.

Reactions: Fatmarc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT