ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama/LSU and USC/Washington...

jamesvanderwulf

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2015
People's Republic of Johnson County
Talent all over the field. Nothing Iowa can ever do to match it, but defensively guys out of position, not setting the edge, linebackers looking into the backfield, safeties leaving their spots, just a lot of undisciplined play that they can sometimes get away with because of the talent level. LSU defense is totally undisciplined. QB play often just ends up with schoolyard broken plays made by the kind of talent that's not coming here, so be content with winning some games in the Big X, even if it's winning ugly. Phil does an amazing job with the guys we're able to get. Need to get back to a dominant offensive line and an adequate QB...

I can only imagine what kind of defense Phil could put on the field with LSU or Alabama’s talent.

He’s obviously unreal at developing players, but in 12+ years as DC, he has had TWO 1st-round draft picks; Jack and Lukas several months ago. He’s incredible.

Last edited:
Talent all over the field. Nothing Iowa can ever do to match it, but defensively guys out of position, not setting the edge, linebackers looking into the backfield, safeties leaving their spots, just a lot of undisciplined play that they can sometimes get away with because of the talent level. LSU defense is totally undisciplined. QB play often just ends up with schoolyard broken plays made by the kind of talent that's not coming here, so be content with winning some games in the Big X, even if it's winning ugly. Phil does an amazing job with the guys we're able to get. Need to get back to a dominant offensive line and an adequate QB...
It's been bizarre to watch, and kind of a chicken / egg argument.

I'm like, a simple skinny post for 35yd TD? An easy run in from the 5 where the entire D just stands up?

Is the offensive talent just insane or is the defense pathetic?

I don't want either of these games either. I'm just asking for our defense as is and an average or below average offense. We would be at least 8-1 and would have not been terrible against PSU.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT