ADVERTISEMENT

All the Adam Schiff Transcripts Newly released documents show he knew all along that there was no pr

Nipigu

HR Heisman
Oct 31, 2005
Here are snippets from the WSJ editorial. Schiff: deplorable.

Americans expect that politicians will lie, but sometimes the examples are so brazen that they deserve special notice. Newly released Congressional testimony shows that Adam Schiff spread falsehoods shamelessly about Russia and Donald Trump for three years even as his own committee gathered contrary evidence.

The House Intelligence Committee last week released 57 transcripts of interviews it conducted in its investigation into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. The committee probe started in January 2017 under then-Chair Devin Nunes and concluded in March 2018 with a report finding no evidence that the Trump campaign conspired with the Kremlin. Most of the transcripts were ready for release long ago, but Mr. Schiff oddly refused to release them after he became chairman in 2019. He only released them last week when the White House threatened to do it first.

Now we know why. From the earliest days of the collusion narrative, Mr. Schiff insisted that he had evidence proving the plot. In March 2017 on MSNBC, Mr. Schiff teased that he couldn’t “go into particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

In December 2017 he told CNN that collusion was a fact: “The Russians offered help, the campaign accepted help. The Russians gave help and the President made full use of that help.” In April 2018, Mr. Schiff released his response to Mr. Nunes’s report, stating that its finding of no collusion “was unsupported by the facts and the investigative record.”

None of this was true, and Mr. Schiff knew it. In July 2017, here’s what former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told Mr. Schiff and his colleagues: “I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.” Three months later, former Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch agreed that while she’d seen “concerning” information, “I don’t recall anything being briefed up to me.” Former Deputy AG Sally Yates concurred several weeks later: “We were at the fact-gathering stage here, not the conclusion stage.”

The same goes for the FBI agents who started the collusion probe in 2016. Most remarkable, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe admitted the bureau’s reason for opening the case was nonsense. Asked in December 2017 why the FBI obtained a secret surveillance warrant on former Trump aide Carter Page, rather than on George Papadopoulos (whose casual conversation with a foreign diplomat was the catalyst for the probe), Mr. McCabe responded: “Papadopoulos’ comment didn’t particularly indicate that he was the person that had had—that was interacting with the Russians.”

On it went, a parade of former Obama officials who declared under oath they’d seen no evidence of collusion or conspiracy—Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Samantha Power. Interviews with Trump campaign or Administration officials also yielded no collusion evidence. Mr. Schiff had access to these transcripts even as he claimed he had “ample” proof of collusion and wrote his false report.

He’s still making it up. Last week he said the transcripts contain “evidence of the Trump campaign’s efforts to invite, make use of, and cover up Russia’s help in the 2016 presidential election.”

The question we’d ask our friends in the media is when are they going to stop playing the fool by putting him on the air? Mr. Schiff is a powerful figure with access to secrets that the rest of us don’t have and can’t check. He misled the country repeatedly on an issue that consumed American politics.

President Trump often spreads falsehoods and invents facts, but at least he’s paid a price for it in media criticism and public mistrust. An industry of media fact checkers is dedicated to parsing his every word. As for Mr. Schiff, no one should ever believe another word he says.

By Wall Street Journal Editorial Board
May 12, 2020 7:29 pm ET

https://www.wsj.com/articles/all-the-adam-schiff-transcripts-11589326164

I don't understand why this isn't getting more attention.

The Coronabros ("You just wanna kill grandma") can't talk about anything else, I guess.

Begs the question... what was Mueller actually doing for 2 years??

It isnt getting attention because the standard news media doesnt want to cover it, and doing so shows their implicit bias. They are still trying to keep everyone scared to stay indoors and never go back to work.

Mueller was tasked with finding prosecutions which he did- too bad they had little to do with the intent of his investigation.

Americans expect that politicians will lie, but sometimes the examples are so brazen that they deserve special notice. Newly released Congressional testimony shows that Adam Schiff spread falsehoods shamelessly about Russia and Donald Trump for three years even as his own committee gathered contrary evidence.

The House Intelligence Committee last week released 57 transcripts of interviews it conducted in its investigation into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. The committee probe started in January 2017 under then-Chair Devin Nunes and concluded in March 2018 with a report finding no evidence that the Trump campaign conspired with the Kremlin. Most of the transcripts were ready for release long ago, but Mr. Schiff oddly refused to release them after he became chairman in 2019. He only released them last week when the White House threatened to do it first.

Now we know why. From the earliest days of the collusion narrative, Mr. Schiff insisted that he had evidence proving the plot. In March 2017 on MSNBC, Mr. Schiff teased that he couldn’t “go into particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

In December 2017 he told CNN that collusion was a fact: “The Russians offered help, the campaign accepted help. The Russians gave help and the President made full use of that help.” In April 2018, Mr. Schiff released his response to Mr. Nunes’s report, stating that its finding of no collusion “was unsupported by the facts and the investigative record.”

None of this was true, and Mr. Schiff knew it. In July 2017, here’s what former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told Mr. Schiff and his colleagues: “I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.” Three months later, former Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch agreed that while she’d seen “concerning” information, “I don’t recall anything being briefed up to me.” Former Deputy AG Sally Yates concurred several weeks later: “We were at the fact-gathering stage here, not the conclusion stage.”

The same goes for the FBI agents who started the collusion probe in 2016. Most remarkable, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe admitted the bureau’s reason for opening the case was nonsense. Asked in December 2017 why the FBI obtained a secret surveillance warrant on former Trump aide Carter Page, rather than on George Papadopoulos (whose casual conversation with a foreign diplomat was the catalyst for the probe), Mr. McCabe responded: “Papadopoulos’ comment didn’t particularly indicate that he was the person that had had—that was interacting with the Russians.”

On it went, a parade of former Obama officials who declared under oath they’d seen no evidence of collusion or conspiracy—Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Samantha Power. Interviews with Trump campaign or Administration officials also yielded no collusion evidence. Mr. Schiff had access to these transcripts even as he claimed he had “ample” proof of collusion and wrote his false report.

He’s still making it up. Last week he said the transcripts contain “evidence of the Trump campaign’s efforts to invite, make use of, and cover up Russia’s help in the 2016 presidential election.”

The question we’d ask our friends in the media is when are they going to stop playing the fool by putting him on the air? Mr. Schiff is a powerful figure with access to secrets that the rest of us don’t have and can’t check. He misled the country repeatedly on an issue that consumed American politics.

President Trump often spreads falsehoods and invents facts, but at least he’s paid a price for it in media criticism and public mistrust. An industry of media fact checkers is dedicated to parsing his every word. As for Mr. Schiff, no one should ever believe another word he says.

The media silence is amazing...

Schiff didn’t just take political liberties with information or make statements of honest mistaken facts.

He deliberately lied to every American persistently to advance a false narrative. He deliberately lied to the media who reported it repeatedly.

Americans and the media trusted his statements at face value because he was in a position to know the facts. Yet he violated that trust. Indefensible.

Last edited:
One is public record the other isn't necessarily public record.

If you want to go review his real estate transactions you most certainly can. They are public record. All you need to do is look them up. Have fun!
A lot have been reviewed. Indirectly, more or less, it’s why we have these investigations that Trump keeps trying to shut down, keeps trying to convince people that he’s a victim, and will do anything to stay protected by the office of POTUS.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The country was playing Adam Schiff's and Nancy Pelosi political games instead of preparing for coronavirus.

LOL

Yes, because you can be sure that the clockwork precision with which the Administration has handled the pandemic post impeachment would have been applied pre impeachment if only Trump wasn’t distracted by ... well, golf, and political rallies, and Twitter tirades, and ...

Good grief.

I don't understand why this isn't getting more attention.

The Coronabros ("You just wanna kill grandma") can't talk about anything else, I guess.

Begs the question... what was Mueller actually doing for 2 years??

Because stupid Magats “forget” but the rest of us remember that Jared Kushner, Drumpfie Junior and Paul Manafort held a secret meeting with Russian spy Natalia Veselnitskaya in order to get Hillary’s emails stolen by the Russian intelligence service.

As a reminder here’s a transcript of emails from long time Drumpf associate Rob Goldstone to Drumpfie Junior on June 3, 2016.

“Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin.”

And Drumpfie Junior didn’t respond by contacting the FBI, he responded with...

“Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?”

Then in a followup it was agreed that this info would be provided by the Russian spy he ended up meeting with “to discuss Russian adoption.”

But sure....Drumpf and his campaign is innocent and the FBI was just trying to frame him.

My god Magats are dumber than a load of bricks.

Last edited:
Just one of the patriotic acts -

"Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Mueller’s conclusion. But back to Schiff. Deplorable and yet won’t be accountable.
Trey Gowdy even admitted Shifty Schiff has immunity from prosecution.

Barr has stated he won't go after Comey.

Barr & Durham should focus on finding crimes committed by those who don't have such immunity. Rod R, Andrew McCabe, Strozk & Paige, Clapper and Brennan to name a few.

I didn't include BHO or Biden, because others will fall on the sword rather than have those 2 implicated.

Because stupid Magats “forget” but the rest of us remember that Jared Kushner, Drumpfie Junior and Paul Manafort held a secret meeting with Russian spy Natalia Veselnitskaya in order to get Hillary’s emails stolen by the Russian intelligence service.

As a reminder here’s a transcript of emails from long time Drumpf associate Rob Goldstone to Drumpfie Junior on June 3, 2016.

“Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin.”

And Drumpfie Junior didn’t respond by contacting the FBI, he responded with...

“Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?”

Then in a followup it was agreed that this info would be provided by the Russian spy he ended up meeting with “to discuss Russian adoption.”

But sure....Drumpf and his campaign is innocent and the FBI was just trying to frame him.

My god Magats are dumber than a load of bricks.
Correct

Reactions: BioHawk
Trey Gowdy even admitted Shifty Schiff has immunity from prosecution.

Barr has stated he won't go after Comey.

Barr & Durham should focus on finding crimes committed by those who don't have such immunity. Rod R, Andrew McCabe, Strozk & Paige, Clapper and Brennan to name a few.

I didn't include BHO or Biden, because others will fall on the sword rather than have those 2 implicated.

Schiff used his office and color of authority to deliberately lie repeatedly. So with respect him and accountability I was thinking of voters, media, and his committee position. As the WSJ said, he no longer has credibility. Good luck to him rehabilitating it.

Reactions: LuteHawk
Don’t worry. Trump will have 50 tweets about it having everyone calling their Congress critters. No chance it doesn’t get investigated by the ethics committee. He will lose chairmanships forever at least.

After the trumpbaggers admit to the corruption of their dear leader and the shiftless moscow mitch, I will gladly seek to find something to pin on schiff. But until #1 cancer, trump, is removed, it really isn't any use to look at chump change.

Last edited:

Little schiff

Reactions: Nipigu
The OP and that editorial is what is wrong with our current political clime. Take an entire report and pull 3 or 4 quotes that say things like “it’s too early to conclude” and “my department/role didn’t handle that” and then deduce they were lied to.

Seriously...the fact that Americans are too stupid to digest anything more than a sound bite is why we’re screwed.

LOL

Yes, because you can be sure that the clockwork precision with which the Administration has handled the pandemic post impeachment would have been applied pre impeachment if only Trump wasn’t distracted by ... well, golf, and political rallies, and Twitter tirades, and ...

Good grief.
What were the Democrats ideas and plan leading up to the China virus hitting the U.S.? Come on down to Chinatown because everything is tickety-boo.

what the transcripts shows is all of the Obama/intelligence officials testified that there was no evidence of Russian collusion. These transcripts were under seal. Schiff then lies for 3 years stating there is evidence and testimony supporting Russian collusion but he cant release it because its classified.

He was lying the whole time and he should be prosecuted.

This is not defensible.

Reactions: INXS83 and LuteHawk
What were the Democrats ideas and plan leading up to the China virus hitting the U.S.? Come on down to Chinatown because everything is tickety-boo.

You mean other than the 70 page Obama plan the new administration ignored, the pandemic response team office that Trump abolished, the global Predict team of U.S. scientists in place in China that Trump cut funding by 75%, providing PPE for front line personnel, having enough test kits, testing, tracing, and isolating the sick, and not repeatedly going on TV with some happy horseshit about only 15 infections, will go away with the heat, praising President Xi, hiding actual death statistics, and refusing to wear a mask because it makes you look weak?

The OP and that editorial is what is wrong with our current political clime. Take an entire report and pull 3 or 4 quotes that say things like “it’s too early to conclude” and “my department/role didn’t handle that” and then deduce they were lied to.

Seriously...the fact that Americans are too stupid to digest anything more than a sound bite is why we’re screwed.

Schiff knew the facts of what Klapper, Lynch, Yates and others said. Yet he turned to the media to willfully and knowingly lie to Americans.

The problem isn’t with the op or the WSJ. The problem is with Schiff and those turning a blind eye because they want to believe something they were repeatedly told - but wasn’t true. That’s precisely the harm in Schiff’s behavior. That and the divisiveness he sowed. Thank you Adam.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT