ADVERTISEMENT

ALL YOU IOWA DOUBTERS

Make sure you stay home next week and continue to not support the Hawks. Your a bunch of babies who forgot what Coach Ferentz has done for this program. I will take a person with high character who does not waiver from stupidity and pressure from a bunch of disloyal fans. There are a lot of crooked programs out there especially in the SEC. I will take character and doing toning things with class. Go Hawks.
I will support you through thick or thin times. Keep being you Coach. The true fans support you.
Yeah, because watching the Hawks drop games they should win, because the offense is DFL, but very little changes are made to try and fix things is just the greatest!

Man, we are the WORST for expecting a P5 offense to be even just mediocre against anyone and everyone, and not just look 'good' vs bad defenses.

Make sure you stay home next week and continue to not support the Hawks. Your a bunch of babies who forgot what Coach Ferentz has done for this program. I will take a person with high character who does not waiver from stupidity and pressure from a bunch of disloyal fans. There are a lot of crooked programs out there especially in the SEC. I will take character and doing toning things with class. Go Hawks.
I will support you through thick or thin times. Keep being you Coach. The true fans support you.
JFC... okay.

Superfan!

Funny how you've been MIA all season....until now.
True enough. BUT, its also funny that the boards been pretty quiet from a number of the "fire Kf crowd" the last couple of weeks, so I guess it works both ways doesn't it.......

Reactions: KFsdisciple
BF still should not be retained.

Ahhh I love posts like this … calling out those who aren’t “true”’fans … and all others can just go “cheer for someone else.” Like he knew this game and outcome was going to happen … He couldn’t wait for Iowa to have a game like this and take this post out of his back pocket … Dude, I am 52 and been a Hawk fan for 42 years … served on the Polk County i-Club board … had season tickets for a long, long time … I am as true of a fan as there is … BUT, I will call out the elephant in the room any and every time … and that does not delegate me to being a non fan. Save your bullshit high-horse post.

Last edited:
Good game today for sure, but I still have doubts that this offense can come through when we need it most, or that it will suddenly stop being near the bottom of the country like it has been for several years running.

Reactions: amahawk
I care. Bad grammar drives me nuts.
You should quit caring. If you can understand the post that's all that's needed. Not everyone here is an English major or has a post- graduate degree. They should still get to post without a snarky comment

Reactions: Sett1997
You should quit caring. If you can understand the post that's all that's needed. Not everyone here is an English major or has a post- graduate degree. They should still get to post without a snarky comment
This is grade school grammar here, nothing close to English major or post graduate stuff. I'm used to the errors but few things spell dumbass like the most basic your/you're grammar errors that should be figured out in elementary school. Rest of the post checks out with intellect of someone who can't get basic English right

Muster ANY offense against Illinois and we have a 2 game lead in the B1G west.

Brian still needs to get the boot
Exactly, we should be unbeaten sans Ohio State. It's Kirk that is the problem though.
He needs to hire a good O coordinator and let him install his system and stay out of it. He made Brian the qb coach, need I say more!
I'll gaurantee you Phil has full autonomy on D.

This is grade school grammar here, nothing close to English major or post graduate stuff. I'm used to the errors but few things spell dumbass like the most basic your/you're grammar errors that should be figured out in elementary school. Rest of the post checks out with intellect of someone who can't get basic English right
No one should give a shit about grammar on a message board. Find a hobby, rescue a puppy.
Invite kids to play soccer on your lawn.
Chill out.
Go feed the homeless.

I lose my shit over the most stupid things too. Im 59, as I get older I realize I'm a freaking dick way too much. Let it slide, I have learned to apologize though. I do it frequently as I work on my character flaws.
Think in terms of how you make the other people feel by being an ass. How would you like someone to call out your imperfections constantly? No one is perfect, I'm not, you aren't either. I apologize once a month to someone. Airport person, convenience store worker, someone. Let it go, you hurt people's feelings. It's not cool

Good game today for sure, but I still have doubts that this offense can come through when we need it most, or that it will suddenly stop being near the bottom of the country like it has been for several years running.
Let's see what happens against Whiskey, I have a little more faith than I did two weeks ago.

The purdue game was our superbowl. Im ok with it. Get to 6-6 and make a bowl.
I think we take Whiskey out cookie at home. I had zero faith two weeks ago. I see progress, even though its been against cupcake D"s.
Confidence builders.

Last edited:

Sorry dude. My goal isn't to go 8 and ****ing 4 every year. We have one of if not the worst offense in college football. There is no excuse. I don't care if we win out. This season was a failure.

Many of us who want change are very appreciative of Kirk and what he's done for this program.

That's why if I could pick, I want Barnett & BF fired, but Kirk, Parker, and Woods to stay.

We have the foundation for an excellent program.

If we had a slightly above average offense we would win the West walking away this year.

The sad truth is we have the success we do DESPITE the poor Offense.
Agree. As much as some folks want there to be only two positions regarding Iowa football, it turns out that life is a little more nuanced than that.

This will make some heads explode, but it’s actually possible:

to be a diehard Iowa football fan while still recognizing that the offense under Brian Ferentz has largely been awful (the stats don’t lie), that the Iowa offense has held back the program under Brian, that he was unqualified to be OC, and that he was hired because he’s Kirk’s son…..

AND to have lost some respect for KF based on hiring an unqualified son as OC and doubling down on him as QB coach for the sake of nepotism…..

AND to congratulate the Hawks on two well-played games against mediocre opponents with weak defenses….

AND to have hope for a strong finish to the season….

AND to still fully expect BF to be in the NFL next year.

Reactions: DewHawk
Hawks manage even just a Top 60-ish offense, they are likely 5-1/8-1 right now and in the process of waltzing into Indy as the B1G West champs.
And almost certainly would have played in at least 2 more Big Ten Championship games over the last several years.

It’s painfully obvious that even the more successful Iowa teams with BF as OC have been winning IN SPITE OF the offense — not at all because of them.

Reactions: WestCoastHawkI
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT