ADVERTISEMENT

Am I going crazy?

bumper52

HR All-State
Nov 25, 2019
I just read that PJ Fleck is a possible candidate for the UCLA job. Is that a joke…I mean did Fleck nominate himself?

Maybe people who's job it is to hire football coaches know more about what's desirable in a coach than the normal fan?

For reasons passing understanding, UCLA appears to be coaching graveyard. Whomever they hire will be their 10th coach since Terry Donahue left in 1995.

Well, check that, 4 of them were interim or temporary and only coaches a couple of games. But that leaves 6 guys that have been HC over about the time KF has been here.

I always chuckle when people mention ucla with pac 12 schools coming. Easily see them being like Nebraska joining then big 10. See them struggle mightily compared to previous conference record and become more irrelevant. I’d love to see PJ head out west and flame out just like Alford did in b-ball.

I always chuckle when people mention ucla with pac 12 schools coming. Easily see them being like Nebraska joining then big 10. See them struggle mightily compared to previous conference record and become more irrelevant. I’d love to see PJ head out west and flame out just like Alford did in b-ball.
I don't understand the "threat" of UCLA joining the conference. They'll be another 8-4/7-5 team. The past 10 years says that's an overestimation as well.

they had a good coach and wanted to cut him off at the knees financially. Chip has wanted out for a few years.

I don't understand the "threat" of UCLA joining the conference. They'll be another 8-4/7-5 team. The past 10 years says that's an overestimation as well.
I don’t either why I always scoff when they are thrown in there with the other 3. On top of that yes UW been awesome coming off runner up finish but before deboer and Peterson seasons there were some pretty bad years mixed in. Curious with departures if they have a TCU hang over next year. USC should be but as we’ve seen aren’t ever year or have been. Question is If Riley can put out a half way competent D. Oregon with their Nike resources is one team every year that should be top of the conf.

For reasons passing understanding, UCLA appears to be coaching graveyard. Whomever they hire will be their 10th coach since Terry Donahue left in 1995.

Well, check that, 4 of them were interim or temporary and only coaches a couple of games. But that leaves 6 guys that have been HC over about the time KF has been here.
Very true. It's a tough job to have sustained success and that only looks to be getting harder in the future. Also, UCLA is a fantastic school academically so it isn't the easiest place to recruit to for football. In basketball, they have absolutely no excuses.

For football, nobody should be worried. For basketball obviously, a great immediate addition to the conference bit yeah, for football it's more an academic fit than anything else.

I just read that PJ Fleck is a possible candidate for the UCLA job. Is that a joke…I mean did Fleck nominate himself?
You cra cra?

yes-seinfeld.gif

Very true. It's a tough job to have sustained success and that only looks to be getting harder in the future. Also, UCLA is a fantastic school academically so it isn't the easiest place to recruit to for football. In basketball, they have absolutely no excuses.
However, isn’t it located in a bad part of LA? Can’t imaging smart students wanting to live in that kind of environment's?!?

I lost a lot of respect for UCLA when they hired Alfraud….😎

UCLA football program stinks, they are going to be the next Indiana.

The Rose Bowl is 26 miles from the UCLA campus. That is a big struggle for a program. Imagine if the Hawkeyes played in Cedar Rapids.

Reactions: pistachio1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT