ADVERTISEMENT

And now, stoned thoughts with Solarhawk

SolarHawk

HR Heisman
Jun 27, 2021
So I’m watching BBT and there’s a scene with bernadette sitting in front of a Mac laptop, but the logo has a sticker over it. Now, when Sheldon is sporting his Alienware in other scenes, no sticker, logo visible. I realize it’s copyright stuff and Apple doesn’t give shit away for free, but why not just use a prop laptop with no logo, or better yet, use a brand you don’t have to conceal? Like, wtf? CONSPIRACY THEORY BROOOOSSSSSSS

Reactions: Moral
ape.gif

So I’m watching BBT and there’s a scene with bernadette sitting in front of a Mac laptop, but the logo has a sticker over it. Now, when Sheldon is sporting his Alienware in other scenes, no sticker, logo visible. I realize it’s copyright stuff and Apple doesn’t give shit away for free, but why not just use a prop laptop with no logo, or better yet, use a brand you don’t have to conceal? Like, wtf? CONSPIRACY THEORY BROOOOSSSSSSS
Perhaps because Apple does not license its architecture to be built by other producers and thus is not in direct competition with AlienWare. But then I may be wrong.

It's not just computers. My wife has noticed several brands that are covered up while other brands not covered. Certain sodas and drinks for instance.

This thread got my 63 and soon to be 64 year old dirty old man's mind grinding as to who is your hottest actress/carachter on the many Chuck Lorre scripted tv series ? I'll surrender for me, It's Kandi (April Bowlby)from 2n a half men. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m pretty sure they sell product placement opportunities. So they cover logos up because you can’t give it away for free if you want folks to buy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT