ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese Appreciation Thread

I am not on social media, but I am pretty confident that Reese has a lot of hateful and racist stuff directed toward her. But the media? I think their treatment of her has generally been fair

Reactions: Tom Paris
I suspect her podcast will have a pretty high number of listeners, initially.

For the same reason that people slow down when they come across the aftermath of a car crash

Angel Reese is so full of sh*t it’s coming out of her ears.

She said she’s starting the podcast so she can “create the narrative of who she really is.” So she literally admitted that she’s just trying to construct narratives.

Also her first couple guests were some rappers and Cheryl Swoopes, who is only in the news because of her Clark hatred. That makes it clear: Angel’s podcast isn’t about empowerment. It’s simply a brazen attempt to continue cashing in on her fame.

Also her first couple guests were some rappers and Cheryl Swoopes, who is only in the news because of her Clark hatred. That makes it clear: Angel’s podcast isn’t about empowerment. It’s simply a brazen attempt to continue cashing in on her fame.
To be fair, there are a sh*tload of podcasts out there where actors or other celebs are just trying to cash in on their fame (and a lot of these podcasts suck). So I do not blame her for trying to cash in. At the same time, I hope she realizes that her content on this podcast will give her detractors more ammo.

The "nobody believed in me/us" comments that athletes likes to throw out are almost always nonsense.
True.

Regarding Reese:

Wasn't she one of the highest ranked recruits in the country with a choice to play for many, many schools?

Wasn't she recruited by Mularky, who only seems to get top prospects to come play for her?

Wasn't she on On3 as the highest valued female in the sport and made a pretty penny or two while in college?

Wasn't she a high draft pick? Didn't she essentially play all season long and get plenty of minutes despite being a rookie.

Doesn't she have a small legion of fans that hang onto her every word and also enforce her narrative at all costs?

Gheez. This sounds like an obvious victim and someone that nobody believed in to me.

Angel Reese. :“I’m heartbroken. I’m literally lost for words knowing what this woman meant to me in such a pivotal point in my life. She was the only person that believed in me.”

How she sees herself: How she sees Witherspoon:
Columbia Pictures Win GIF by Sony Pictures
Well Done Reaction GIF

To be fair, there are a sh*tload of podcasts out there where actors or other celebs are just trying to cash in on their fame (and a lot of these podcasts suck). So I do not blame her for trying to cash in. At the same time, I hope she realizes that her content on this podcast will give her detractors more ammo.
Right - lots of people have podcasts and I don't care that Reese has one. All power to you. Go get that bag.

But don't clout chase with a podcast and then turn around and say you are only starting the podcast for empowerment. It's disingenuous.

Angel again tries to get sympathy, but her mouth gets in the way.
ESPN link
Talks about how WNBA salary doesn’t pay bills and how bad it is. Fine, we understand.
Then she complains it doesn’t pay her 8k per month rent.
—First year out of college and paying that for rent in Chicago, you are not living the poor life.
1, I’d bet CC not paying near that in rent.
2, If she is, she is not stupid enough to complain about her CHOICE.

ESPN link
Talks about how WNBA salary doesn’t pay bills and how bad it is. Fine, we understand.
—First year out of college and paying that for rent in Chicago, you are not living the poor life.

ESPN link
Could be worse. She could be waiting for a bus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT