ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese Appreciation Thread

I don't know that I've ever seen a more awkward-looking professional athlete.
The basketball is so bad. SO BAD. I've seen so many of her rebounds. Her opponents don't even box anyone out. They just stand there. It's like watching bad middle school basketball. She can't shoot, dribble, pass or block yet she's portrayed as a star.

The basketball is so bad. SO BAD. I've seen so many of her rebounds. Her opponents don't even box anyone out. They just stand there. It's like watching bad middle school basketball. She can't shoot, dribble, pass or block yet she's portrayed as a star.
There are a handful of really good players in the WNBA. There’s also a lot of crap.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
Just heard that Reese is launching her podcast in September. It will be called "Unapologetically Angel."
It'll be interesting to see how she progresses as a player. Whether she stays committed to the game and all the physical demands it requires, or if she ends up more committed to the fame and the lifestyle and moves on to become an influencer or something. She's already the last one dragging up and down the court on most possessions, and her WNBA salary is only $81k compared to well over $1mill she makes in endorsements. Some of those would go away with no basketball but she'd probably land plenty of other fashion type sponsorship deals.

She isn't as good as some want her to be. People can try and sugar coat it all they want but she's just a number in a long line of similar types we've seen before. It has nothing to do with CC or what transpired. The girl just isn't going to change the game in any meaningful way like she wants to envision. She'll produce numbers but that's about it. Nothing to do with anything else. She's just not as good as a small vocal minority want her to be. She's not capable of it either.

It'll be interesting to see how she progresses as a player. Whether she stays committed to the game and all the physical demands it requires, or if she ends up more committed to the fame and the lifestyle and moves on to become an influencer or something. She's already the last one dragging up and down the court on most possessions, and her WNBA salary is only $81k compared to well over $1mill she makes in endorsements. Some of those would go away with no basketball but she'd probably land plenty of other fashion type sponsorship deals.
Totally agree. I watched the Adrienne Ross Show, and she said pretty much the same thing. How committed will AR be to her game? Will she even be in the league after year 5?

Sounds strange, but who is the Fever's best defender? Hull. Just for fun, put Hull on Reese and see what happens. When AR has the ball in the post, collapse on her because you know she won't pass out of it.

I thought I'd give some credit to a player that I wish the Fever had. Kamilla Cardoso. No drama. Goes out and plays to the best of her ability. Has size at 6'7. Nice demeanor. Where AR only scored 7 pts last game and played 35 minutes, Cardoso played 30 minutes and posted a double-double 10 pts, 11 rebs, 6 asts, and 3 blks.
Yep. Plus there's no stat in the books for "occupies lane and opposing team's best big defender clearing the way for Reese to hammer the boards" but that's a huge part of what she does. Reese wouldn't have gotten half the DDs she has without Cardoso in there.

Yep. Plus there's no stat in the books for "occupies lane and opposing team's best big defender clearing the way for Reese to hammer the boards" but that's a huge part of what she does. Reese wouldn't have gotten half the DDs she has without Cardoso in there.
6’7” in the women’s game might as well be 7’4”. Nobody with a vertical in the WNBA. Height advantages are magnified

That will be a difficult listen. I don't think she has the personality to carry a podcast. She probably will have someone be the primary uh speaker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT