ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese is a WNBA All-Star as a Rookie

millah_22

HB King
Jun 15, 2004
Omaha
Full list of All-Stars

• DeWanna Bonner, Connecticut Sun (6th All-Star selection)
  • Aliyah Boston, Indiana Fever (2nd All-Star selection)
  • Caitlin Clark, Indiana Fever (1st All-Star selection)
  • Allisha Gray, Atlanta Dream (2nd All-Star selection)
  • Dearica Hamby, Los Angeles Sparks (3rd All-Star selection)
  • Brionna Jones, Connecticut Sun (3rd All-Star selection)
  • Jonquel Jones, New York Liberty (5th All-Star selection)
  • Kayla McBride, Minnesota Lynx (4th All-Star selection)
  • Kelsey Mitchell, Indiana Fever (2nd All-Star selection)
  • Arike Ogunbowale, Dallas Wings (4th All-Star selection)
  • Nneka Ogwumike, Seattle Storm (9th All-Star selection)
  • Angel Reese, Chicago Sky (1st All-Star selection)
The Full Olympic Team, which will play against the All-Star team.
  • A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
  • Alyssa Thomas, Connecticut Sun
  • Breanna Stewart, New York Liberty
  • Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
  • Chelsea Gray, Las Vegas Aces
  • Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
  • Jackie Young, Las Vegas Aces
  • Jewell Loyd, Seattle Storm
  • Kahleah Copper, Phoenix Mercury
  • Kelsey Plum, Las Vegas Aces
  • Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx
  • Sabrina Ionescu, New York Liberty

prediction: several years from now indiana fever will acquire angel reese. Her new nickname will be the worm. Caitlin will win 3 more consecutive championships with help of her new enforcer.
Prediction: nobody will care😎

Good for Angel, and good for Caitlin. The WNBA needs marketable talent. I get the feeling Angel has toned some stuff down. Her agent probably explained she’s leaving money on the table. And for the folks exploding with rage over Caitlin being left off the Olympic team, who would you bump off of that roster?
She’s better off with the added rest considering their season starts a month after the college season ends.

Good for Angel, and good for Caitlin. The WNBA needs marketable talent. I get the feeling Angel has toned some stuff down. Her agent probably explained she’s leaving money on the table. And for the folks exploding with rage over Caitlin being left off the Olympic team, who would you bump off of that roster?
She’s better off with the added rest considering their season starts a month after the college season ends.

She must feel like my Minecraft characters after mining for days straight with no rest fueled only by bread.

Full list of All-Stars

• DeWanna Bonner, Connecticut Sun (6th All-Star selection)
  • Aliyah Boston, Indiana Fever (2nd All-Star selection)
  • Caitlin Clark, Indiana Fever (1st All-Star selection)
  • Allisha Gray, Atlanta Dream (2nd All-Star selection)
  • Dearica Hamby, Los Angeles Sparks (3rd All-Star selection)
  • Brionna Jones, Connecticut Sun (3rd All-Star selection)
  • Jonquel Jones, New York Liberty (5th All-Star selection)
  • Kayla McBride, Minnesota Lynx (4th All-Star selection)
  • Kelsey Mitchell, Indiana Fever (2nd All-Star selection)
  • Arike Ogunbowale, Dallas Wings (4th All-Star selection)
  • Nneka Ogwumike, Seattle Storm (9th All-Star selection)
  • Angel Reese, Chicago Sky (1st All-Star selection)
The Full Olympic Team, which will play against the All-Star team.
  • A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
  • Alyssa Thomas, Connecticut Sun
  • Breanna Stewart, New York Liberty
  • Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
  • Chelsea Gray, Las Vegas Aces
  • Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
  • Jackie Young, Las Vegas Aces
  • Jewell Loyd, Seattle Storm
  • Kahleah Copper, Phoenix Mercury
  • Kelsey Plum, Las Vegas Aces
  • Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx
  • Sabrina Ionescu, New York Liberty
Who?

Reactions: stickman80
Five offensive rebounds from her own bricks per game.
Offset The Hype GIF by Max

She shoots 38% from 5 foot away. How many of those rebounds are from her own bad aim?

She’s garbage
She’s not garbage - but if she’s an All-Star, talent is down in the league.

Being a useful rebounder and decent post defender should not make one an All-Star.

I don’t remember seeing Reggie Evans in any NBA All-Star games.

Being a useful rebounder and decent post defender should not make one an All-Star.

To be fair - All-Star games have as much to do with popularity/name recognition as anything else.

Based on all the double-doubles she's had, I can't say she's undeserving.

Reactions: torbee
To be fair - All-Star games have as much to do with popularity/name recognition as anything else.

Based on all the double-doubles she's had, I can't say she's undeserving.
Don’t disagree but as others have pointed out, if she shot better, she’d have far fewer double-doubles. She cleans up a lot of her own misses.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
This whole thread is a shining example of what Clark has done for WNBA and women’s basketball. We are ****ing talking about the WNBA all star selection and Olympic team (which already had a thread while back). Pretty amazing.

If I am reading this right, the All Star team is the next best 12 players that AREN'T on the Olympic team. So, while it is an honor to be named as an All Star of course, it seems as though it is a "second team" honor this year.

I dunno...was Rodman an all star in the NBA? If so, I see his game and Reese' game as similar.

Angel is a talent! She is a rebounding machine. Props to her….she’s a professional ball player now. You don’t have to “like” her but to deny her basketball skills shows your ignorance. How many more “triple doubles” does she have to accomplish before she gets your respect as a basketballer?
Pete Rose wasn’t a first class prick? Teddy Baseball? Ty Cobb? Bonds, Jr? Bill Lambeer?
Come on Boyz, move on.

Angel is a talent! She is a rebounding machine. Props to her….she’s a professional ball player now. You don’t have to “like” her but to deny her basketball skills shows your ignorance. How many more “triple doubles” does she have to accomplish before she gets your respect as a basketballer?
Pete Rose wasn’t a first class prick? Teddy Baseball? Ty Cobb? Bonds, Jr? Bill Lambeer?
Come on Boyz, move on.
She has no triple doubles. No rookie ever has.

Reactions: stickman80
She certainly deserves to be on the All-Star team. That isn't debatable. But she's still not RoY in my book. Or, to put it another way, if you gave me one player to build a team around I'm not choosing Angel Reese. But she's found a place to be successful at. She has a team that seems more concerned with trying to get her the rookie of the year award than actually winning basketball games so there's that I guess. I don't know Clark personally, but I'm pretty sure I know what her answer would be if you asked her if she would rather win Rookie of the Year or finish .500.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT