ADVERTISEMENT

Angelo's decision......

Smart Ass Butthead GIF

Slush while he was writing this.
Clever. I’ll give you a mulligan, on the condition you have better material.

Reactions: el dub
I've been googling "Penn State wrestling Olympics" today and I'm learning more facts for which PSU is not responsible for, knows nothing about, and probably resulted from some random person the the internet totally unassociated with Penn State.

Penn State wrestling claims four Olympic medals in Tokyo

USA Today
https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com › 2021/08/07
https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.c...o-medal-collection-at-2020-olympics-in-tokyo/
Aug 7, 2021

"All in all, this was a very successful trip to the Olympics for Penn State wrestlers. Four Olympic medals, including one gold, is a testament to the power of the Penn State wrestling program, which remains one of the best in the sport. Expect more medalists in the future to hail from Happy Valley."

Reading on, I learned the four medals were earned by these "Penn State wrestlers" - David Taylor, Bekzod Abdurakhmonov, Kyle Snyder, and Thomas Gilman.

I've been googling "Penn State wrestling Olympics" today and I'm learning more facts for which PSU is not responsible for, knows nothing about, and probably resulted from some random person the the internet totally unassociated with Penn State.

USA Today
https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.c...o-medal-collection-at-2020-olympics-in-tokyo/
Aug 7, 2021

"All in all, this was a very successful trip to the Olympics for Penn State wrestlers. Four Olympic medals, including one gold, is a testament to the power of the Penn State wrestling program, which remains one of the best in the sport. Expect more medalists in the future to hail from Happy Valley."

Reading on, I learned the four medals were earned by these "Penn State wrestlers" - David Taylor, Bekzod Abdurakhmonov, Kyle Snyder, and Thomas Gilman.
And, obvious to anyone who follows wrestling (you included), the author is confusing NLWC for PSU and failing to recognize a distinction between the two (and the respective sports they represent).

Not sure what your point is in posting that.

Reactions: mcpat

USA Today
Aug 7, 2021

Written by a Philly area reporter (3.5 hours from State College) who covers the “nittany lions sports wire” for USA Today and probably knows nothing about the RTC and its wrestlers.

Not exactly someone close to the program.

I looked a little closer, Penn State Olympic wrestlers include Bill Koll, Lou Banach, Sammie Henson, Cael Sanderson, and Jake Varner. I'd say you guys are padding your resume. Shameless, misleading bullsh*t.
We need more time….we just started wrestling 12 years ago

And, obvious to anyone who follows wrestling (you included), the author is confusing NLWC for PSU and failing to recognize a distinction between the two (and the respective sports they represent).

Not sure what your point is in posting that.
Just to aggravate you and yours. It generally works.

Ok. Keep up the solid work.
In fairness to me, I just googled Penn State wrestling olympics and these two articles were on page 1 and were in fact the only articles. So it's not like I'm straining myself to find this stuff. And, the RTC and Penn State seem often to get lumped together as a sort of PSU Wrestling Empire. Also, it's pitched to recruits as such. So don't act all offended that when these type articles pop up are commented on. These articles are the only ones out there. they are false or misleading, and they are consistent with other crap I've read reading the Empire in State College.

Reactions: GlenHawk
Nah…Much like Minnesota, they were never clearly at the top. They both hovered close for a little while. But, OkState, Iowa and now PSU are the only true wrestling “Empires”…
I was more or less just poking a bit of fun at our rivals from the west who have fallen to the point where a top 10 finish is a positive.

Reactions: MSU158
I was more or less just poking a bit of fun at our rivals from the west who have fallen to the point where a top 10 finish is a positive.
Yeah, me too! In all fairness, ISU had a very strong run in the 70's. Still, OkState, Iowa and even my Spartans were right there with them for much of that run.

Yeah, me too! In all fairness, ISU had a very strong run in the 70's. Still, OkState, Iowa and even my Spartans were right there with them for much of that run.
Gibbons' teams weren't too bad either - no shit ;). But I know what you are saying. Kind of like being a Packers fan and the Bears being irrevelant for so many years. Taunting Bears fans just isn't all that much fun anymore.

Gibbons' teams weren't too bad either - no shit ;). But I know what you are saying. Kind of like being a Packers fan and the Bears being irrevelant for so many years. Taunting Bears fans just isn't all that much fun anymore.
The Packe’rs fan’s taunting days are over…..Da Bears are taking back the North!!

Reactions: PD4thespawn
ISU has 8 championships and was runner 17 times. That's a lot of being at the top.

ISU has 8 championships and was runner 17 times. That's a lot of being at the top.
When talking about "Empires", 2nd really isn't relevant. The 70's may have given them an argument, but I still think OkState, Iowa and even MSU were all competitive enough with them to argue against it.

With that said, ISU is clearly the 4th best historical program in DI wrestling history.

I wouldn't bet too much on that - losing is pretty engrained with that franchise.
Please imagine me shaking my fist at you. Lol. We will now see how the Packers do when they don't have a HOF QB lined up which is the first time in a few decades. Heck of a run by them.

And, the RTC and Penn State seem often to get lumped together as a sort of PSU Wrestling Empire. Also, it's pitched to recruits as such. So don't act all offended that when these type articles pop up are commented on. These articles are the only ones out there. they are false or misleading, and they are consistent with other crap I've read reading the Empire in State College.
I highly doubt anyone is “pitching to recruits” that Gilman, Abdurakhmonov and Snyder are PSU alumni.

Reactions: Zukovski
Please imagine me shaking my fist at you. Lol. We will now see how the Packers do when they don't have a HOF QB lined up which is the first time in a few decades. Heck of a run by them.
I'm counting on another decade of QB greatness - wishfull thinking but none the less hopefull.

USA Today
Aug 7, 2021

I like this. Considering Gable Steveson's first name and the fact that he has wrestled in Carver, can we claim his gold?

• Haha
Reactions: T8KUDWN
The Packe’rs fan’s taunting days are over…..Da Bears are taking back the North!!
Haha. Well it’s been about 30 years so yeah. You can have it. But the lions are gonna have a say this year. Also, I don’t think Jordan Love is gonna be that bad. Hear lots of good things out of ota’s.

Reactions: Bones Malone
The solid favorites to win the North this season are the Lions.
Please dont jinx it. We have had a saying here for quite some time....S.O.L.....SAME OLD LIONS!

Why? Because, no matter what, they ALWAYS find a way to get our hopes up and DASH THEM soon after!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT