ADVERTISEMENT

Ankeny school board meeting updates

Good for them to have the sack to protect kids health vs worrying about offending the dipshits

I am tired of getting 5 plus emails per week of exposures in my kids buildings. Let’s hope the Pfizer vaccination gets approved soon
Covid Kim and Type 2 Diabetes Speaker Grassley are the dipshits.

Reactions: HawkNester
A close friend of mine lives in Ankeny and is a physiatrist for Mercy in Des Moines. She said she and a dozen or so other doctors who live in Ankeny and have kids in the district wrote a letter to the district, and each signed it. In the letter they stressed the importance of mitigation efforts to slow the spread of Covid, masks in schools being one of them.

But what do doctors know? Bill from the internet posted a meme on Facebook saying masks don’t work, so that’s the end of that.

A close friend of mine lives in Ankeny and is a physiatrist for Mercy in Des Moines. She said she and a dozen or so other doctors who live in Ankeny and have kids in the district wrote a letter to the district, and each signed it. In the letter they stressed the importance of mitigation efforts to slow the spread of Covid, masks in schools being one of them.

But what do doctors know? Bill from the internet posted a meme on Facebook saying masks don’t work, so that’s the end of that.
Thank God. These loud mouth minority ****s need to be put in their place for good.

Reactions: HawkNester

Those masks should start working any day now.

Thank God. These loud mouth minority ****s need to be put in their place for good.
I'm so glad I never have to go to any of these meetings to listen to these crazy f'n people. I don't know if I could stop myself from laughing hysterically at these jokers. Then inevitably some redneck dad would get all angry and in my face and I'd have to laugh even harder.

I don't envy any school board member in this country right now.

Covid cases have remained steady (46 students out of 14,000) since Iowa City schools implemented their mandate (cases had dropped three consecutive days prior to the mandate). But, somehow, quarantines have gone up.

Last edited:

Are you sure? I was told by a member of this board that www.expose.uk wrote wearing a mask is harmful and any vaccine will increase your odds of dying from COVID, a virus that doesn’t exist but can be cured by a horse dewormer with initials IV. These doctors certainly don’t know what they are talking about.

About the author: Vinay Prasad, a hematologist and oncologist, is an associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at UC San Francisco.
Scientists have an obligation to strive for honesty. And on the question of whether kids should wear masks in schools—particularly preschools and elementary schools—here is what I conclude: The potential educational harms of mandatory-masking policies are much more firmly established, at least at this point, than their possible benefits in stopping the spread of COVID-19 in schools. To justify continued masking of schoolkids—with no end date in sight—we have to prove that masks benefit kids, and at what ages. States and communities that are considering masking policies just to be safe should recognize that being overly cautious has a cost, while the benefits are uncertain.

For most able-bodied adults, masks in public indoor settings pose only minor inconveniences. But children—who even amid the worrisome Delta-variant surge are experiencing serious outcomes from COVID-19 at far lower rates than people in older age groups are—have different needs and vulnerabilities than adults. Early childhood is a crucial period when humans develop cultural, language, and social skills, including the ability to detect emotion on other people’s faces. Social interactions with friends, parents, and caregivers are integral to fostering children’s growth and well-being.

Last edited:
Wait until the churches (evangelical) get involved and start spreading their anti=masking malarchy on Sundays and remind their flock how "the government" is stealing their rights as a family to make "family decisions"....

“When asked to estimate the share of deaths by age group, the average American dramatically overestimates the share of COVID-19 deaths from people aged 24 and younger, putting it around 8%, when in fact it was 0.1% through August and has remained close to that level since.”

“Democrats were further off than Republicans and more likely to overstate the risks to young people, even after accounting for age, race, gender, geographic, and educational differences. The fact that COVID-19 poses a much higher mortality risk to the old than the young was the most clear feature of the virus from very early on; it is remarkable that many Americans remain misinformed about this basic factor and continue to see it through a political lens.”

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

Again, this illustrates the need for every voter to ascertain the political leanings of school board candidates. It's become political and thus we all need to adapt to such.

These loud mouth minority ****s need to be put in their place for good.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HawCory
“When asked to estimate the share of deaths by age group, the average American dramatically overestimates the share of COVID-19 deaths from people aged 24 and younger, putting it around 8%, when in fact it was 0.1% through August and has remained close to that level since.”

“Democrats were further off than Republicans and more likely to overstate the risks to young people, even after accounting for age, race, gender, geographic, and educational differences. The fact that COVID-19 poses a much higher mortality risk to the old than the young was the most clear feature of the virus from very early on; it is remarkable that many Americans remain misinformed about this basic factor and continue to see it through a political lens.”

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/
Children are getting sick far more often and now deaths are happening so until 6-11 year olds can get vaccinated stick it.

Post from an Iowa teacher from another site on how school has been going the last couple of years.
Here is what people’s response to Covid has done to kids in real life:

”I spend every day getting slapped in the face by Covid: my district basically didn't even try to educate kids in spring of 2020 and didn't ask teachers to prepare to teach virtually, then came up with the worst possible plan for the 20/21 school year that essentially made school an option for everyone. Everyday I see 16 year olds who have the behavior and emotions of 6th graders. Half of the school's kids are taking multiple LA classes this term because they failed so many classes last term, and 26 of the 54 10th graders I see in my non-advanced classes have GPAs of 1.1 or lower. Today my kids have to take a 40-question computerized test and they are flipping the **** out because their brains can't concentrate on anything. I had a kid get through 18 questions in 90 minutes. I also can't get kids to show up regularly: I was trying to put together some data on a couple skills I've assessed early on this year and I couldn't come up with data to show improvement for about 40% of my students - and that includes my top-level kids - because they haven't been here to complete multiple assessments on the same skill.

Our response to Covid has failed a bunch of kids. Just miserably failed them. And everytime we do anything to wait for it to go away we make it easier for the kids to say "eh, this is like last year when we didn't have to do shit." I see it every. goddamn. day. It's very different in a place that has about 60% of the population living somewhere between paycheck-to-paycheck and poor to generationally-hopeless poor. No one gives a **** about masks here because so much of the population doesn't have the energy to give a **** about anything. The last 19 months have broken them like a CMC-coached football team.

Anything that smells like "just wait this out and it'll be better when x happens" can lick my balls. I'm sick of that mindset.”

Good. Let's see if they fare better than similar sized districts that don't mandate.
It will make little difference probably...but iy certainly takes the school board/district off the hook when it comes to defending itself in a law suit. These districts, by LAW (ADA) are obligated to include ALL students who seek an education with reasonable means...and if it means wearing a mask, that certainly is a "reasonable" accommodation.
It is not the argument about freedom here folks....its about manning up to the law of the land. This is nothing more than a right-wing fear mongering conspiracy! Look at it this year compared to last year.......at least the kids are in school and hopefully with some (mask) mitigation and then some vaccination of kids, schools will remain IN SESSION and not have to rely on "on-line" schooling.....

It will make little difference probably...but iy certainly takes the school board/district off the hook when it comes to defending itself in a law suit. These districts, by LAW (ADA) are obligated to include ALL students who seek an education with reasonable means...and if it means wearing a mask, that certainly is a "reasonable" accommodation.
It is not the argument about freedom here folks....its about manning up to the law of the land. This is nothing more than a right-wing fear mongering conspiracy! Look at it this year compared to last year.......at least the kids are in school and hopefully with some (mask) mitigation and then some vaccination of kids, schools will remain IN SESSION and not have to rely on "on-line" schooling.....

They could have, and currently do, remain safely in school, without a mask mandate at many, many schools across the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT