ADVERTISEMENT

Another Brutal Tick Season Could Hit Iowa This Year

Another Brutal Tick Season Could Hit Iowa This Year Read More:​

Another Brutal Tick Season Could Hit Iowa This Year Read More:​

I just returned from a run through the forest.

Wife inspected me head to toe and found 4 ticks.

About a dozen so far this year.

Stay safe people.

Which forest did you run through? Shimek or the Yellow? We only have 4-5 here in Iowa, right?
Look, just say you were hiding in some weeds stalking a former female co-worker and got some ticks.

• Haha
Reactions: gamedayron01
Which forest did you run through? Shimek or the Yellow? We only have 4-5 here in Iowa, right?
Look, just say you were hiding in some weeds stalking a former female co-worker and got some ticks.
He has a rapist wit.

While the rumors of my demise will be greatly exaggerated, the prescribed amoxicillin will no doubt pull me through.

I should start using some spray though.

I just returned from a run through the forest.

Wife inspected me head to toe and found 4 ticks.

About a dozen so far this year.

Stay safe people.

I have to avoid the woods now when I'm out walking with the pup because of the ticks. Anytime we'd take the trails through the woods, I would have to pick them off her...and that was in April. All it took was finding one in my bed and that was that. I washed my blankets 4 times in 3 days. The paranoia was real.

Not even the white meats?
Poultry and seafood are OK. Xanthan gum, mammal by products… naw.
Hives, severe itching, dizziness,… some are able to resume eating these products in 3-4 years if not reinfected.
Lone star tick bite was likely vector. They are very prevalent in areas I routinely hike and camp, but I don’t remember a bite in recent ears.
How did you guess Alpha-gal?

Ticks and wild parsnip are the real reason to wear waders when trout fishing in the Midwest.

I could drop you in a 40 acre timber over by Marengo and you wouldn't know whether or not you were in a state forest. ( which is not what the OP said BTW ) It can be yours with a new house, old cabin, pond and pole building for 550,000...

Listen to lots of RadioLab and Sci-Fri podcasts.

I think RadioLab did a show on it a while back. Some of the most informative science 'casts out there. Plus, when I heard that I was like "Oh, yeah, my friend Sarah is allergic to meat and grew up in northern Wisc - I'll bet she got that as a kid". She never got tested, just quit eating meat altogether.

Reactions: billanole
Poultry and seafood are OK. Xanthan gum, mammal by products… naw.
Hives, severe itching, dizziness,… some are able to resume eating these products in 3-4 years if not reinfected.
Lone star tick bite was likely vector. They are very prevalent in areas I routinely hike and camp, but I don’t remember a bite in recent ears.

Reactions: billanole
I could drop you in a 40 acre timber over by Marengo and you wouldn't know whether or not you were in a state forest. ( which is not what the OP said BTW ) It can be yours with a new house, old cabin, pond and pole building for 550,000...
Keep pushing that house your nephew is trying to unload on some other website.
Marengo is a toxic waste dump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT