ADVERTISEMENT

Golf-Who's the asshole?

Ag….buf on Sunday afternoons, tge have hugh schoolers manning the pro shop and registering guests….I am sure they are told to get folks on the golf course and get their $$ in tge cash register as their #1 priority. It’s after Labor Day And altho busy, the courses aren’t running “max” sun-up to sun-set like they are during the summer.

You okay?

CSB: the only time I've been caught with "bag beers" was at Blank. It was a bachelor party and it was pretty obvious that golf was our secondary priority that day.

That guy is the worst kind of human. What a dangerous play. I usually play by myself, and I just expect that a round will take 4 hours if I'm behind several foursomes. Frankly it's easier to wait than except foursome after foursome to keep letting you play through. And I hate others watching my tee shot (the joys of a high handicapper). It is frustrating when a slow group who isn't keeping pace won't let me through (happens all the time when playing behind old guys/ladies... Especially ladies). Once I caught up to a six-some (I assume a couple threesomes joined up) of old folks at jester on hole 11 after teeing off an hour and a half after them. They wouldn't let me though. Eventually just skipped a hole and came back later to play it.

CSB- #16 at Blank is the only hole I've ever eagled.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
CSB: the only time I've been caught with "bag beers" was at Blank. It was a bachelor party and it was pretty obvious that golf was our secondary priority that day.
Much easier this time of year when you might need a jacket. Conveniently covers a small cooler.

Bright\ Grandview gets the honor of serving DSM Eastside golfers. Wear your hard hat when playing there…hole proximities are dangerously close there.
Blank serves DSM southside… and the south side of DSM has never been a stranger to gun play.
Earlier this year while playing Waveland, my group watched a full blown gang fight breakout in the 16th hole with the foursome in front of us…all we could do was call the pro shop and the police and watch then throw clubs and bags and dusts at each other for 10 minutes or so…the action could be observed by anyone driving by on I-235, too. Police arrested the party and took weapons from them when they removed them from the course…all on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. So…you just never know about who or when and firearms. It is something one doesn’t expect when going out to your local city golf course. But…..be prepared!

How did they police get there since that's about the farthest location from the clubhouse? Drive the cars on the course? Jump in golf carts? Park on I235 and jump the fence?

I played Grandview a few weeks ago on a whim for the first time in a decade. It was as bad as I remember. Narrow, small greens, boring layout. Won't be back for at least another decade.

How did they police get there since that's about the farthest location from the clubhouse? Drive the cars on the course? Jump in golf carts? Park on I235 and jump the fence?

I played Grandview a few weeks ago on a whim for the first time in a decade. It was as bad as I remember. Narrow, small greens, boring layout. Won't be back for at least another decade.
Cheapest one around, though.

CSB time- playing in league about this time of year we're standing on the green when my partner yells "ouch!" and grabs his butt. I asked him if he got stung by a bee but he said he got hit by a ball. The group behind us, all big hitters, hit 2nd shots into us. I picked up the ball, drove back to that group, dropped the ball at the guys feet and told them to wait for us to clear the green next time. Oh, and yell FORE as well. Douche nozzles all 4 of them.

Nothing like warm beer when I could just buy a cold one from the cart girl. So many poors on this board, first the garage door DIY thread and then this.. smh

• Haha
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious

Police can get anywhere in an emergency..BTW, there were warrants out for 2 of the foursome…never seen an arrest via golf cart?
Started on #16 and chased up into the middle of #17 fairway whe re the police met them…. Plus they had a squad car access them via the Observatory road..Cops can go anywhere! It was back in May I think…one of the arrestees was a self-proclaimed MMA fighter…

If it was hole 7 on the front and that situation developed, you could think maybe I could play through these groups. If he is doing this with like 3 holes left in the round that is pretty outrageous.

I’ve always kind of liked Grandview, especially for the price.

Woodland Hills is the course that I am amazed people don’t get hit weekly for the course layout, particularly the back 9.

Police can get anywhere in an emergency..BTW, there were warrants out for 2 of the foursome…never seen an arrest via golf cart?
Started on #16 and chased up into the middle of #17 fairway whe re the police met them…. Plus they had a squad car access them via the Observatory road..Cops can go anywhere! It was back in May I think…one of the arrestees was a self-proclaimed MMA fighter…
I once saw Highway Patrol cars and an arrest on the ice on West Boji.

DNR checked a couple guys..got some lip so they checked for warrants, got a hit, and called for backup.

We heard something so we stuck our heads out of the ice shelter to see an unexpected show.

Woodland Hills is the course that I am amazed people don’t get hit weekly for the course layout, particularly the back 9.
Never gotten hit driving on 235 but had balls bounce in front of me twice while driving by Waveland.

Reactions: sober_teacher

That's another one I don't play. The difference between the front and back 9 is nuts.

Reactions: sober_teacher
In a typical situation, where I'm over a hill, maybe in a blind spot, and the ball rolls into me, I'll ignore it the first time. That certainly wasn't the case here - the guy launched a ball over people who were 100 or 150 yards out in front of them. I'd sure as hell complain at the clubhouse and expect them to ban the guy for good, and there's a decent chance there'd have been a physical confrontation with him. That wasn't just an asshole move, that was extremely dangerous & could have seriously hurt someone. I'm a pretty low handicap player, and I wouldn't have the confidence that I won't thin one when intending to hit it over them.
Yeah
I’m not reporting it to the clubhouse but as someone mentioned i’m probably a wedge away from the woods or water hazard.

CSB time- playing in league about this time of year we're standing on the green when my partner yells "ouch!" and grabs his butt. I asked him if he got stung by a bee but he said he got hit by a ball. The group behind us, all big hitters, hit 2nd shots into us. I picked up the ball, drove back to that group, dropped the ball at the guys feet and told them to wait for us to clear the green next time. Oh, and yell FORE as well. Douche nozzles all 4 of them.
I was playing with another three guys when my buddy in another cart goes “ughh” and rolls out of his cart like he was shot. Got hit with a drive off opposite hole. I swear his bruise was the size of a softball - white middle, black ring about 1” then blue.

That's another one I don't play. The difference between the front and back 9 is nuts.
In 1965 we played the State golf meet there….I think I gave played there once since! Is it about tge 7th hole that there is a pretty big drop on your second shot from the fairway to the green? I was playing with a kid from Dyersville who was walking down the hill to the green, he tripped and I remember him tumbling down the hill, clubs flying out of his bag and then him having to retrieve them…he was a big fat kid and I will always remember the sight of him falling down the hill…
I played in 3 state meets in high school..Woodland and the at Carroll CC (9 hole course) and then in Independence (another 9 hole course)…..
I believe in 1968 they started playing all state meets on 18 hole courses…

Reactions: JWolf74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT