ADVERTISEMENT

Another Karen sighting...

I can tell you that this woman is originally from Iowa. ****ing small world.

this time in Michigan.

I wonder how racist it would be perceived if people were to give a black name like “Yolanda” to various black women around the country who act a certain way? We don’t know why happened and we only get one side of the story most of the time. Yet, these videos tend to go viral. Again, all of this social media stuff has an agenda. If the tables are turned and social media has a name for a particular black woman, this stuff would be perceived as racist.

I do believe we are going to see more and more of this. The Domestic Terrorists have put a lot of people on edge and they are in a position if you call 911, you have no idea if the police will show up.

I wonder how racist it would be perceived if people were to give a black name like “Yolanda” to various black women around the country who act a certain way? We don’t know why happened and we only get one side of the story most of the time. Yet, these videos tend to go viral. Again, all of this social media stuff has an agenda. If the tables are turned and social media has a name for a particular black woman, this stuff would be perceived as racist.
Latisha. I've a fondness for that name. I like it better.

Who was blocked? Some of you are making up shit to excuse crazy people. She pulled a gun because the lady slapped the back window as they backed up? And some of you think that's justified behavior? Honestly, the more I hear from some of you the more comfortable I feel about tightening gun laws.
Crazy is these people following people to their car and accosting them. Then threatening to beat up her husband. Then whacking their car knowing they are attempting to back up. Nah...they're just innocent in all this...while escalating the situation.

Full video:

This is freaking insane. If someone pulls a gun and says "GET AWAY!" I am exiting stage left toot sweet. WTF is wrong with people?

This is freaking insane. If someone pulls a gun and says "GET AWAY!" I am exiting stage left toot sweet. WTF is wrong with people?

The funny thing is that I actually know the woman in this video (quite well) from a while back. She isn't racist but she is very unstable. I guess she could have changed over time, but I believe that woman is very lucky she didn't get shot.

If someone is blocking you from leaving and threatning/harassing you, they have already escalated the tension past a comfortable point.

Just admit that you will always support the stupid Magat white person regardless of what they do. Clarity is good for the soul.

Reactions: noleclone2
Clearly this was an over reaction and she realized it.
It sounds like the everyone here over reacted. Likely in response to the tense time we're going through.
A quick smile and a bit of courtesy, especially to those who may look differently from ourselves would go a lone way towards reminding each other that we do appreciate diversity and the understanding that we are all in this together.
agreed...crap ton of over reaction in this dadgum thread. just because someone bumps you or gets in a disagreement doesn't mean you're a racist (I'd be PISSED if someone accused me of that). just because someone slaps your car, doesn't mean you should pull a gun. geeebus, people, calm the frack down.

Reactions: Gimmered
Curious, what if (humor me for a minute) this was a white on white or black on black argument that had the same results. What's the title of the article? Are we having the same conversation?

What's the crux of this incident? Is it a racist incident or just people over-frack'n-reacting and then a gun was unnecessarily pulled?

Curious, what if (humor me for a minute) this was a white on white or black on black argument that had the same results. What's the title of the article? Are we having the same conversation?

What's the crux of this incident? Is it a racist incident or just people over-frack'n-reacting and then a gun was unnecessarily pulled?

Unfortunately, we have created a lot of disrespect from teens no matter what color they are.

When I was 15 I would have never said anything like that to an adult.

Crazy how color makes people think the woman almost murdering someone was equally as bad as a black woman engaging in a shouting match. There is a reason why one person walked away in cuffs. LAW & ORDER!

Anyone here willing to support her had she pulled the trigger and shot/killed someone? Think the law would have supported her?

If someone is blocking you from leaving and threatning/harassing you, they have already escalated the tension past a comfortable point.

Being uncomfortable is not a reason to brandish a firearm. It should only be used as a last resort to to prevent eminent injury or death to you or family.

That we have moved to feeling of being unsafe to serve as a litmus, is exactly why we should have more gun restrictions and require retesting / training to carry. "People need to be able to defend themselves" "cops are 10 minutes away when I only have 1 minute" are overused as a reason for everyone to carry/possess.

Just curious, but is it legal to block someone's movement in public? Seems to me that trying to stop someone from walking/driving away should be some sort of crime in and of itself.

Reactions: SIXERS24
Some of you on this board have lost your freaking minds.

White lady and black teenager bump into each other. We don’t actually see that part, but reasonable people say excuse me, politely, and go about their day. But since the white lady didn’t apologize, she “violated” a 15 yo and she’s called ignorant and racist. That doesn’t seem a tad bit extreme to some of you? Rude, yes. Racist, what the F ever.

It’s obvious that the white lady just wants to get in her van wants and get away. The black mom the calls her a b*tch and a dumbass b*tch, further escalating the situation. She then threatens the husband that she will beat his ass. The whole “don’t you lay your hands on me” thing is such a cliche’. He made not aggressive movements.

It could have all ended there. White couple slowly, I repeat, slowly back their car up. There is zero intent to run the black people over. The mom is the one who walked with the van and stepped behind it. Again, further escalating the situation.

I think we can all agree that the white lady shouldn’t have pulled a gun, hence the assault charge. Fine her, give her probation and move along. Ridiculous that her husband loses his job over this.

Finally, anyone or any organization that posts the edited version has an obvious agenda.

Reactions: SIXERS24
Being uncomfortable is not a reason to brandish a firearm. It should only be used as a last resort to to prevent eminent injury or death to you or family.

That we have moved to feeling of being unsafe to serve as a litmus, is exactly why we should have more gun restrictions and require retesting / training to carry. "People need to be able to defend themselves" "cops are 10 minutes away when I only have 1 minute" are overused as a reason for everyone to carry/possess.
Where do we draw the line, though? It was clear (unlike the woman in the neighborhood protest video with her AR-15 husband) that she knows how to handle her weapon. Under clear and rational situations--questionnaire, classroom environment, background check, etc....basically 99% of the time, she'd likely ACE any weapons test. It's that 1% where we don't know what someone else would do--myself included.

I'm extremely proficient with firearms and I'd like to think I'd handle all situations rationally, but when emotions kick in like being called a racist and physically harassed, that can trigger folks then who knows what the frack will happen.

I'm in no way justifying this woman's actions, but I bet after she calmed down she was like, "WTF just happened!? WTF did I just do!?" This is one snippet of this woman's life, so it's not fair to judge her entire character based on it. Oh, and I'm certainly happy that NO ONE was hurt. She may never carry again. Who knows.

Some of you on this board have lost your freaking minds.

White lady and black teenager bump into each other. We don’t actually see that part, but reasonable people say excuse me, politely, and go about their day. But since the white lady didn’t apologize, she “violated” a 15 yo and she’s called ignorant and racist. That doesn’t seem a tad bit extreme to some of you? Rude, yes. Racist, what the F ever.

It’s obvious that the white lady just wants to get in her van wants and get away. The black mom the calls her a b*tch and a dumbass b*tch, further escalating the situation. She then threatens the husband that she will beat his ass. The whole “don’t you lay your hands on me” thing is such a cliche’. He made not aggressive movements.

It could have all ended there. White couple slowly, I repeat, slowly back their car up. There is zero intent to run the black people over. The mom is the one who walked with the van and stepped behind it. Again, further escalating the situation.

I think we can all agree that the white lady shouldn’t have pulled a gun, hence the assault charge. Fine her, give her probation and move along. Ridiculous that her husband loses his job over this.

Finally, anyone or any organization that posts the edited version has an obvious agenda.
This is SPOT ON! and I'm a guy who supports those who kneel for Pete's Sake!

Where do we draw the line, though? It was clear (unlike the woman in the neighborhood protest video with her AR-15 husband) that she knows how to handle her weapon. Under clear and rational situations--questionnaire, classroom environment, background check, etc....basically 99% of the time, she'd likely ACE any weapons test. It's that 1% where we don't know what someone else would do--myself included.

I'm extremely proficient with firearms and I'd like to think I'd handle all situations rationally, but when emotions kick in like being called a racist and physically harassed, that can trigger folks then who knows what the frack will happen.

I'm in no way justifying this woman's actions, but I bet after she calmed down she was like, "WTF just happened!? WTF did I just do!?" This is one snippet of this woman's life, so it's not fair to judge her entire character based on it. Oh, and I'm certainly happy that NO ONE was hurt. She may never carry again. Who knows.

I am not sure, have to consider. But when an unarmed person (single, not a mob surrounding ones car) slaps the back of your window, it pisses you off. It doesn't make you think "I am in fear of my life". At least it shouldn't, and if it does, that person is likely too emotionally unstable to be allowed to carry concealed. We aren't judged by when we are at our best, we are judged by when we are at our worst. IMO, she has now shown (yes once, but it only takes once) that she shouldn't be allowed to carry open or concealed. Own, perhaps (but she may soon be a felon) but certainly not carry where she could do this again.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, guns just make it easier...... perhaps we need to focus more on the people who are allowed to posses, own and carry. Education, evaluation, training. If we hadn't had so many (yes, we can debate what so many means) but if we haven't had so many instances of people wielding guns (and killing in some cases) those of us who want to keep our firearms should look more critically at who is allowed to "join the club".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT