ADVERTISEMENT

Another Karen sighting...

Also, to be fair, I feel like pulling a gun everytime I drive around Auburn Hills.

There’s a lot left out of the video. People she pulled the gun on were blocking her vehicle from leaving and threatening her. Pulling the gun obviously a bad decision, but it was provoked to say the least.

There’s a lot left out of the video. People she pulled the gun on were blocking her vehicle from leaving and threatening her. Pulling the gun obviously a bad decision, but it was provoked to say the least.
I havent read the story, but if people are blocking your vehicle from leaving and threatening you, im good with pulling a gun to get them to back off.

They were blocking her from leaving Supercuts? This story doesn’t make any sense.

I'm confused on what a Karen is, that doesn't seem like the right name for a gun nut.
Yeah, this isn’t really a Karen. Karen is just a middle-aged white woman who wants to speak to the manager because of some perceived slight. It’s getting to the point where every white woman who does something illegal is labeled a Karen.

It sounds like this black family had gone to Chipotle and as they were exiting the restaurant, the teenage daughter and this white woman bumped into each other. The daughter evidently said “Excuse you” and the white woman took exception. Tempers flared, f-bombs were exchanged, and eventually a gun was pulled.

People need to calm the f*ck down.

Yeah I think I’m in the white lady camp here. Appears she is calm and just trying to get to her car when she is blocked, verbally assaulted and finally can get in the van only to be blocked from Leaving.

Reactions: SIXERS24
Maybe they should have tried 911 first?
If you are ever in that situation, do what you feel is best to protect yourself. Sounds like no one was hurt and everyone went home. Seems like a good outcome to me, no?

If you are ever in that situation, do what you feel is best to protect yourself. Sounds like no one was hurt and everyone went home. Seems like a good outcome to me, no?
Nothing about this outcome was good. Two people bumping into each other should not escalate beyond “I’m sorry”. It shouldn’t turn into f-bombs and shouting, let alone blocking people’s vehicles or pointing a gun at someone’s head. Everyone involved in this situation needs to thoroughly reevaluate their attitude toward other human beings.

The Karen term is becoming a racist term. Women freaking out is not limited to the white race. I know this for a fact. God knows I can round up videos of black women freaking out and tag them as Shaquana. But then I would be tagged as a racist for doing so.

The Karen term is becoming a racist term. Women freaking out is not limited to the white race. I know this for a fact. God knows I can round up videos of black women freaking out and tag them as Shaquana. But then I would be tagged as a racist for doing so.

Well...it’s supposed to be about white ladies who think the world should stop for them and at the smallest possible inconvenience, they lose their shit. That’s why they’re called “Karen”. That’s as white as you can get.

The original Karen of course being the BAU/ McNuggets lady.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
The Karen meme is so overplayed now it’s lost it’s way.

It was meant for describing white women acting out in situations that would otherwise be benign, not racists or someone pulling a gun.

Doing something like that could even get you fired from your job.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Nothing about this outcome was good. Two people bumping into each other should not escalate beyond “I’m sorry”. It shouldn’t turn into f-bombs and shouting, let alone blocking people’s vehicles or pointing a gun at someone’s head. Everyone involved in this situation needs to thoroughly reevaluate their attitude toward other human beings.
I never disagreed with that. Of course every situation like this should never happen. If someone bumps into me I usually say excuse me, whether its my fault or not, and move on with my day. These people chose a different direction.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Pulling a gun was best??
Where did I say "best"? The best situation would have been for both of them to be adults and move on. They both made it worse. But if someone is threatening you and stopping you from getting away from said situation, you have a right to protect yourself. If you dont agree with that, fine. Not everyone is going to agree on everything. Neither of us are changing the others mind.

Reactions: rocketclone
That would have been a perfect opportunity for someone with a Masters in conflict resolution to be called to the scene and attempt to get both parties to cease dehumanizing each other and strive to attain a level of empathy and harmonious assent.

If only Mr. Van Driessenn had been there...

david_vandriessen_1437.jpeg

The Karen meme is so overplayed now it’s lost it’s way.

It was meant for describing white women acting out in situations that would otherwise be benign, not racists or someone pulling a gun.

I agree with this. . . This is beyond Karen.

No situation that involves the pulling of a gun is a good outcome. The best you can say about this is "Well glad it wasn't worse"

That would have been a perfect opportunity for someone with a Masters in conflict resolution to be called to the scene and attempt to get both parties to cease dehumanizing each other and strive to attain a level of empathy and harmonious assent.
That's funny. Ghandi himself would not have been able to get that black lady to shut up long enough to broker a peaceful resolution.

Well...it’s supposed to be about white ladies who think the world should stop for them and at the smallest possible inconvenience, they lose their shit. That’s why they’re called “Karen”. That’s as white as you can get.

The original Karen of course being the BAU/ McNuggets lady.
Yes, I know an actual Karen, named Karen. She fits the name, this was not a Karen.

Only a fool pulls a gun with no intention of using it. I think she had that, "oh sh!t" moment at the end of the clip. Realizing she'd be facing second degree murder based on a phone video, you could almost see her thought pattern. "Get in car... Roll up window and roll away..."

Who was blocked? Some of you are making up shit to excuse crazy people. She pulled a gun because the lady slapped the back window as they backed up? And some of you think that's justified behavior? Honestly, the more I hear from some of you the more comfortable I feel about tightening gun laws.

Only a fool pulls a gun with no intention of using it. I think she had that, "oh sh!t" moment at the end of the clip. Realizing she'd be facing second degree murder based on a phone video, you could almost see her thought pattern. "Get in car... Roll up window and roll away..."
Clearly this was an over reaction and she realized it.
It sounds like the everyone here over reacted. Likely in response to the tense time we're going through.
A quick smile and a bit of courtesy, especially to those who may look differently from ourselves would go a lone way towards reminding each other that we do appreciate diversity and the understanding that we are all in this together.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT