ADVERTISEMENT

Another police shooting in Minneapolis

So the officers realized the warrant existed. They then knew what is was for.
And you're not prepared that he MIGHT run?
The more info that comes out just makes these three officers look worse.

MitchLL,

Do you have a criminal record? A driving record? There has to be something in your background that has led to your obvious disdain for cops. You and Pinehawk are the top two posters with this stuff. Shed some light on this.

Reactions: SIXERS24
So the officers realized the warrant existed. They then knew what is was for.
And you're not prepared that he MIGHT run?
The more info that comes out just makes these three officers look worse.
At what point do we put at least some responsibility on the person who got shot? If he doesn’t skip his court appearance there is no warrant and there is no arrest. If he doesn’t fight to get away from the cops and try and drive away there is no shooting of any kind. All the blame doesn’t fall on the cops. Same can be said for Floyd.

Sure. I forgot I was dealing with Nole Nat, the master of the cut and paste. As you furiously kicked sand around did you find anything that would justify her dying that night? Do you know why none of that came up in the official reviews of that night, or any reason why Louisville made a massive payout to her family? Don't tucker yourself out searching for unrelated, non-supportive paragraphs to post.
So posting facts that contravene your disinformation is 'kicking sand'? How Orwellian.
That information is from the grand jury testimony.

At what point do we put at least some responsibility on the person who got shot? If he doesn’t skip his court appearance there is no warrant and there is no arrest. If he doesn’t fight to get away from the cops and try and drive away there is no shooting of any kind. All the blame doesn’t fall on the cops. Same can be said for Floyd.
So the warrant was for failure to appear in court? Also the shooting happened when he got back in the car, before he drove away. The young man is not blameless, but it seems he died for a minor offense.

1xuf6yr9mts61.jpg

MitchLL,

Do you have a criminal record? A driving record? There has to be something in your background that has led to your obvious disdain for cops. You and Pinehawk are the top two posters with this stuff. Shed some light on this.
Sure... check the post office wall!

Unless you're Black, or any minority for that matter, I don't think we know what it feels like to be stopped by police. We hear about these and assume they're the exception.

Maybe they aren't?

So the warrant was for failure to appear in court? Also the shooting happened when he got back in the car, before he drove away. The young man is not blameless, but it seems he died for a minor offense.
He didn’t die for that offense, he died because he tried running from police and what appears to be a police officer mistaking her gun for a taser. But at the end of the day, none of this should have happened as nothing should have even led to the point of being 1) needing to be arrested and 2) trying to drive away from the police.

Also worth noting the guy is just as much white as black.

Last edited:
So does the officer get charged with anything? It was clearly an accident but it's still a shooting death. Gotta get charged with some sort of manslaughter charge

Reactions: dirtypool
He didn’t die for that offense, he died because he tried running from police and what appears to be a police officer mistaking her gun for a taser. But at the end of the day, none of this should have happened as nothing should have even led to the point of being 1) needing to be arrested and 2) trying to drive away from the police.

If true this person should never be able to touch a firearm ever again

Then start by fixing the socioeconomic and cultural issues that often lead to these situations. The erosion of our constitutional rights won’t fix what ails our society. Access to education, jobs is a more effective instrument of change. It’s strange, often those that scream the loudest for change, are the ones erecting the barriers to progress.
Lol.

I have to think police are trained to expect and to be prepared for the "worst case scenario" in every single interaction with the public.

WTF,.. You act like the average cop took his job as a fall back position after not quite making Seal Team Six,.. In a lot of communities the reality is probably closer to taking the cop job vs going to work for Walmart...

Reactions: Finance85
I wrote it above somewhere, but it appears to be lost. The kid was half white and half black by most accounts I’ve seen. He was not black. As someone who is half Asian, I don’t consider myself Asian, I consider myself part Asian. To say I am Asian is a slap in the face to my dad and pretend he doesn’t exist. This is not a cop killing a black person, this is a cop killing (though it appears accidental) a person who is half white and half black. The media will ignore the former though for click purposes.

Last edited:

Not in America.

Unless you're Black, or any minority for that matter, I don't think we know what it feels like to be stopped by police. We hear about these and assume they're the exception.

Maybe they aren't?

here we go with different expectations for different people... just say it already - you lefties think blacks are too dumb to figure things out without your help, right?

People are waking up to the institutional racism of the left.

He violated gun control laws and tried to evade the consequences.

he-chose-poorly-2-1.jpg

Reactions: SIXERS24
here we go with different expectations for different people... just say it already - you lefties think blacks are too dumb to figure things out without your help, right?

This isn't a "racist" issue. I did not imply or say that.

But I understand how some people that are intellectually challenged might come to that conclusion.

In this situation, a White cop shot an unarmed Black man. Not the first time and won't be the last.

The victim made zero aggressive moves towards the lady officer. Rewatch the video and tell me deadly force was required.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Deadly force wasn’t required in this case.

I didn’t take your (horribly racist) quote above to be simply about THIS incident though. Did you intend it to be?

This isn't a "racist" issue. I did not imply or say that.

But I understand how some people that are intellectually challenged might come to that conclusion.

In this situation, a White cop shot an unarmed Black man. Not the first time and won't be the last.

The victim made zero aggressive moves towards the lady officer. Rewatch the video and tell me deadly force was required.
Nobody thinks deadly force was required, including the person that pulled the trigger.
That having been said, I’m pretty sure if three cops are present and you start to wrestle one of them the other two aren’t going to say, “he hasn’t made an aggressive move against me, I think I’ll just watch.”

I don’t really disagree. Where I have an issue here is that I, apparently foolishly, expect the average cop to have the training necessary to make better decisions. Whereas a guy like this, who was only 20, had evidently been on the wrong side of the law already, is probably not going to make the smart choice every time. I get annoyed also when I see posters say if they just did what the cops said, nothing bad would ever happen. That assumes though that the cops never make the wrong choice or escalate a situation unnecessarily.

we’ve seen enough of these incidents over the years I think, that we have a good case to state that all actions by the civilian in question aside, there appear to be holes in police training that also cause situations to escalate that don’t need to. And no, I’m not absolving the civilian in question of fault for their decisions that controbute to these situations going wrong. To me, it just consistently seems to be that cops reach for their gun or use excessive force too quickly.

Reactions: gohawks50
I get annoyed also when I see posters say if they just did what the cops said, nothing bad would ever happen. That assumes though that the cops never make the wrong choice or escalate a situation unnecessarily.
I wouldn’t buy “nothing bad would ever happen”, but we can agree that the probable bad outcomes increase exponentially when you decide to fight the police.
The only place you should expect to fight and win against the law and its agents is in court, not the side of the road.

WTF,.. You act like the average cop took his job as a fall back position after not quite making Seal Team Six,.. In a lot of communities the reality is probably closer to taking the cop job vs going to work for Walmart...
Without looking it up, I bet cops in Brooklyn Center are paid pretty well. Without doing the research... I'd bet $70,000 - $90,000. Given her seniority and past responsibilities... likely >$100,000.

Her husband is/was a cop. They live in another suburb. Maybe she just despises the citizens of BC. We might not ever know the whole story.

This isn't a person that took a job as a LEO because Walmart wouldn't hire her.

Without looking it up, I bet cops in Brooklyn Center are paid pretty well. Without doing the research... I'd bet $70,000 - $90,000. Given her seniority and past responsibilities... likely >$100,000. Her husband is/was a cop. They live in another suburb. Maybe she just despises the citizens of BC. We might not ever know the whole story. This isn't a person that took a job as a LEO because Walmart wouldn't hire her.

So you're going to bet your life on how well you think she's been trained?,.. Not me,.. I'm going to assume she's an idiot who doesn't know the difference between a taser and semi automatic striker fired hand gun...

MitchLL,

Probably something similar that caused your hatred for teachers.

A trait that is likely learned over time after numerous encounters with the dregs of society...
Sadly there’s some truth to that. It doesn’t explain situations like this where there doesn’t appear to be any reason to use force, or many others where the suspect is running.

cops are rightly trained to shoot to kill when they use their guns, I’m just arguing that there appears to be a gap in their training that they fallback on that as their default. Cops need to hold themselves to higher standards.

Reactions: MitchLL
Shooting a person inside a car even jeopardizes the front seat passenger, also. The level of ineptness by this officer is off the charts.

As "Hawkman" mentioned yesterday... common sense says to move the suspect to near the trunk of the car and close the driver's door. The more I think about this, the more it makes me angry.

This was not a one on one confrontation. Cops have a tough job, but this was a major screw up.

Plantation. Got to keep the folks on the plantation. It’s how Dems have controlled blacks.

Bit over your head I see. Thousands inundated the Capitol that day.
And people did die including one, who was white, being shot by police. Not to mention some were in full riot gear and used tear gas or flash bangs similar to what other police did during riots last year. But yes over my head to see the comparison the tweet was trying to make.

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425
And people did die including one, who was white, being shot by police. Not to mention some were in full riot gear and used tear gas or flash bangs similar to what other police did during riots last year. But yes over my head to see the comparison the tweet was trying to make.
I anticipated this pathetic response. Embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT