ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-ICE protesters pull down American flag, raise Mexico flag, vandalize 'Blue Lives Matter' flag

Too much weed this am?
Nah. I'm an optimist.

Every morning when I post here, I assume I'm talking to intelligent, informed people who are willing and able to look at issues from outside their comfort zone.

Later in the day this post would be less congenial, as I get smacked by reality.

You probably need to look up the word optimist. Reading your sky is falling posts day to day I worry about ya man.

By now our farsighted founders intended Mexico and Canada to be part of the United States. Remember, it was the Continental Congress and the Continental Army. Not the Colonial Congress or the Atlantic Coast Army. They planned big. We have let them down.

Order your Manifest Destiny hats now.

That may have been true by the time Monroe was in office and to a lesser extent Jefferson, but the majority of Founding Fathers had no design on anything beyond governing the land between the Atlantic and the Mississippi.

The problem is they aren’t interested in a solution. They’re interested in complaining and brining as much negative attention to themselves as possible by doing irrational things. You think if we had 100% world peace, that Code Pink would be happy and go away?
You're speaking for them and, imo, doing a deliberately bad job of trying to identify what they are interested in.

I don't know if Code Pink would go away if we had world peace. I'm absolutely sure Benjamin and others would be thrilled. They might turn their attention to the next problem(s) on their list, so they might not go away. But I'm confident they would still be interested in making the world a better place.

People who take cheap shots at Code Pink, on the other hand....

This is the Democrat Party
If I had to bet then, yes, I'd bet that those protestors are more likely to vote D, if they vote.

Whereas those who like the treatment these folks were protesting against are more likely to vote R.

Rs, as usual, favor state-supported terrorism and abuse.

Ds, as usual, oppose police state tactics.

I love being on the side of the good guys, even if some on that side occasionally do things I think are over the top.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I refuse to believe there are university educated people participating in this thread. Probably explains why so many are posting in the middle of the day. What a clusterf*ck

Reactions: Chuck C
In all reality that is pathetic. If you want to live in Mexico, why not just stay there.
Because it's a shithole. They just want to come here because we still have nice things but they will eventually with help from the left turn this into a shithole as well.

Reactions: Roy L Fuchs
Does that mean we should give the West back?

Back to whom?

Nope. But you are free to give away anything of yours you feel is proper to right the misdeeds of the past.

And I don't see any relevance to your response in regard to my statement in response to you saying the Founding Fathers wanted to annex Mexico and Canada.

Reactions: naturalmwa
If you are going to fabricate my solution for me, why be so tame?

I bolded your first statement just to call others' attention to the fact that you think the way we treat folks trying to come here from the South is "just fine."

Go right ahead WWJD. Announce it from the mountain tops. I believe the U.S. is doing a fine job at handling this situation. Meanwhile, Democrats are contributing to the problem, first by denying it, then by playing games with the funds.

Reactions: Roy L Fuchs
The way we are treating refugees/immigrants/asylum seekers is unacceptable. Most of the world, including some of us, don't have any trouble seeing that. Some of us are defending it.

The people defending it wouldn't be defending it if the nation doing it was a foe, especially if they had oil or something else we want.

I recognize any country's right to determine who is or isn't allowed to enter its borders.

If I had to bet then, yes, I'd bet that those protestors are more likely to vote D, if they vote.

Whereas those who like the treatment these folks were protesting against are more likely to vote R.

Rs, as usual, favor state-supported terrorism and abuse.

Ds, as usual, oppose police state tactics.

I love being on the side of the good guys, even if some on that side occasionally do things I think are over the top.

Favor state sponsored terrorism? Dems are the ones I know who support Iran, Muslim Brotherhood, and so on.

You're speaking for them and, imo, doing a deliberately bad job of trying to identify what they are interested in.

They are lunatics that desecrated the flag and hoisted a Mexican flag up on Federal property. I (and pretty much every other reasonable person) am not remotely interested in what they’re interested in.

It’s my exact point. Once you pull that shit, you lose any chance of anyone giving a shit about what you think, believe or have to say...except for other lunatics that is.

Last week I was listening to Simon Conway. He is a proud naturalized US citizen. He said that during the naturalization ceremony they are instructed to renounce their allegiance to their country and pledge their allegiance to the US. In the middle of his ceremony there was a group of Mexicans and when it was their turn they began waving Mexican flags and chanting "Meh-e-co".

If that is what they want they should have thrown their asses back over the border.

Last week I was listening to Simon Conway. He is a proud naturalized US citizen. He said that during the naturalization ceremony they are instructed to renounce their allegiance to their country and pledge their allegiance to the US. In the middle of his ceremony there was a group of Mexicans and when it was their turn they began waving Mexican flags and chanting "Meh-e-co".

If that is what they want they should have thrown their asses back over the border.

That is so bizzare. Why didn't they just stay there then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT