ADVERTISEMENT

ANTIFA is a threat to this nation!

And this is where you demonstrate you are a sheep being led by Fox. Your post is entirely fiction.

The local BLM people are making the most noise about felon’s voting rights and decriminalizing marijuana. This part is certainly true.

Edit to add the Des Moines local BLM people.

Lol. Find a scum bag bad actor and use that to paint your impression of the whole BLM movement. It's amazingly myopic.

I would have no problem with the police arresting this guy.

and what exactly are you doing when labeling anyone who supports Trump a bigot, racist, anti American, etc. Pot meet kettle

and what exactly are you doing when labeling anyone who supports Trump a bigot, racist, anti American, etc. Pot meet kettle
I haven't done that, please stop making things up. Some Trump supporters are undoubtedly all those things. Many others are misinformed or stubborn in their ways. There are great people who support Trump.

I have a big problem with that. I simply understand that the root of the problem lies with racism, oppression and the like. The fact that you refuse to call out those far right groups and actions makes you complicit with them and with too many like you it results in the protests we're seeing.

I'll ask you - which do you think deserves protest.

A) a group who's mission is to combat fascists and racists such as neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other far-right extremists.

or

B) groups supporting white supremacy, Nazism and/or other racist/oppressive ideology.

I know you won't answer, but food for thought.
Unlike you, I can condemn the bad actions of both.

How can "the left" stop doing something that is, by definition, leaderless and not under anyone's control?

Just on a personal level don't join any movements without clear leaders and a consistent set of goals.

If you want to be active start your own groups with leaders and consistent goals to protest.

These are valid criticisms that are sometimes raised by members of those groups themselves.

But that's the risk you run when you genuinely believe in democracy and freedom.

Sadly, it's why the fascist alternatives often win. It's the very rare MLK or Gandhi or Jesus that survives long enough to be remembered, much less win.

Democracy and Freedom doesn't preclude leaders. In fact Democracy is about how we select our leaders.

The call to organize is not one to just rush out onto the streets and protest. It's the call to form groups that can point to some consistent philosophies and leadership and ways of selecting those leaders. And you can have national leaders, state leaders, and local leaders much like a lot of other large groups.

Just on a personal level don't join any movements without clear leaders and a consistent set of goals.

If you want to be active start your own groups with leaders and consistent goals to protest.

Democracy and Freedom doesn't preclude leaders. In fact Democracy is about how we select our leaders.

The call to organize is not one to just rush out onto the streets and protest. It's the call to form groups that can point to some consistent philosophies and leadership and ways of selecting those leaders. And you can have national leaders, state leaders, and local leaders much like a lot of other large groups.
The occupy movement, as I understand it, did a good bit of what you describe. But without enforced hierarchies.

Another example of these kinds of "organizations" failing is the Spanish Civil War. The Republicans were strongly anarchistic (not in the bomb-throwing sense, but in the cooperative sense). And that worked well both to provide goods and services and to promote freedom and equality. But when the fascists decided to move in, conducting a war by committees of farmers and shopkeepers didn't stand a chance. Didn't help that the "Democracies" wouldn't help a real democracy, although many "individuals" volunteered.

Senior moment...I meant Simple Simon (Conway) the Limey...;)
What a phuquing douchebag he is! Trump should have tightened up the immigration laws! It’s an embarrassment to allow a moron like Simon access to 50k watts".......

Gotcha. I only listen to WHO in the morning. News, weather, they used to do sports pre-covid.

so you agree Antifa has done those things you labeled as fiction?

Antifa lives in the minds of the fanciful. This is the point.

Your right wing nut reality is la la land.

I had an “ex” who worked on the radio side of WHO back in the day...long before the political “talk radio” BS of today...lots of nice folks worked there then...got some great stories and always had access to FB and BB tix....

I became a Hawkeye fan around the time Hayden came on the scene. I was glued to my radio, hugging and kissing my radio. Always caught Zabel with morning sports while riding the school bus in the morning.
In my later years would call my mom at least once a week. We’d talk about the latest we had heard on the WHO morning show. Mom suffers from dimentia now. Those memories are very precious to me now. It’s hard watching such an intelligent warm person lose touch with reality.

I became a Hawkeye fan around the time Hayden came on the scene. I was glued to my radio, hugging and kissing my radio. Always caught Zabel with morning sports while riding the school bus in the morning.
In my later years would call my mom at least once a week. We’d talk about the latest we had heard on the WHO morning show. Mom suffers from dimentia now. Those memories are very precious to me now. It’s hard watching such an intelligent warm person lose touch with reality.
It has to be a miserable journey...to watch a loved one slowly lose touch with their reality...I remember my grandmother passed this way..spent many years in a nursing home, slowly losing her grasp of reality...It was devastating to my mother watching her mother slip from reality...to the point of not recognizing her...I remember these as very sad times.

Reactions: Chillyhoff
Antifa lives in the minds of the fanciful. This is the point.

Your right wing nut reality is la la land.

Who are these people?

3600.jpg

c1543a_f8af286cef4c49059f79355a30de9316~mv2.jpg

DH3ttLNUAAAknBP.jpg

The occupy movement, as I understand it, did a good bit of what you describe. But without enforced hierarchies.

Another example of these kinds of "organizations" failing is the Spanish Civil War. The Republicans were strongly anarchistic (not in the bomb-throwing sense, but in the cooperative sense). And that worked well both to provide goods and services and to promote freedom and equality. But when the fascists decided to move in, conducting a war by committees of farmers and shopkeepers didn't stand a chance. Didn't help that the "Democracies" wouldn't help a real democracy, although many "individuals" volunteered.

Even a committee is some form of leadership. These guys don't even have that. It's just a name people protest under. While the problems they are protesting have been made clear their solutions. . . their demands have not been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT