ADVERTISEMENT

Any male poster here admit they pierced their ear at some point?

Stud, left ear, 1989
I had the Corey Haim haircut to go with it....but not the drug abuse or child actor syndrome.

I had 3 in the left and 2 in the right when I played music professionally. Haven't worn any in probably 10 years now.

No piercings ... No earings ... and no Tattoos.

I particularly cannot understand the wave of CHEAP tattoos ... Why would you jump the gun and do something so permanent before you had the money to get a decent (and higher priced) tattoo?

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
Pierced for less than 24 hours for a state soccer game in high school. hellalame

Nah, never felt the need. True story, I had a friend who's first piercing was a Prince Albert.

I wanted to, but that was a big no no with my grandma and grandpa. Tattoos were also frowned upon. When I got my first one at 18 they laughed thinking it was a joke, then tried to rub it off with a wet cloth, then nearly stroked out cursing at me. 12 years later they are way more relaxed.

I had my left ear pierced when I was 14 and kept it all through HS. Wore either a stud or a modified fly (like a fly fishing fly) along with one of the clasps on the upper part of my ear.

I really have to laugh at the kids who are rocking the gauges these days.

They will be 50 year old men with what will look like a dried up appendix for earlobes.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Pierced left ear from 18 to 21 or so. Now no piercings or tats. Tats are for the scum of the earth.

I'll take it a step further though and cop to having a tongue stud for about 6 months after graduating high school in 2000. Best thing I ever did. First semester freshman year of college I couldn't shake chicks off with a stick. That thing pulled so many small town Nebraska girls of questionable morals it's a wonder I'm still living to tell the story.

A tongue ring meant for "chicks"...

I learn something new on HROT everyday.

I wanted to, but that was a big no no with my grandma and grandpa. Tattoos were also frowned upon. When I got my first one at 18 they laughed thinking it was a joke, then tried to rub it off with a wet cloth, then nearly stroked out cursing at me. 12 years later they are way more relaxed.
What's the tattoo? barb wire? Hawkeye? tribal?

I would bet there are a few of you out there who had a loop or stud in.
You mean on purpose? Or like with an errant fly cast or sumpin?

Where men are concerned, the words "pierced ear" and "stud" should never be used in the same phrase.

I had my ears gauged when I was 19 and had long hair. Got drunk one night and one fell out and started to close up. Didn't feel like getting it stretched back out, so I took the other out and let them close up.

I would bet there are a few of you out there who had a loop or stud in.
Never got a stud but did get a small tat on my shoulder at the All-Iowa Fair when I was 17. Terrible idea at the time but turned out great because when tats became the "in" thing to do and parlors were everywhere I never had the urge to get another one.

I had my left ear pierced when I was 14 and kept it all through HS. Wore either a stud or a modified fly (like a fly fishing fly) along with one of the clasps on the upper part of my ear.

Would never do it, but like the fly idea.

Made it thru a 6 year music career, 9 years of Djing/producing, and still working in the industry as a photographer.........
0 Piercings, 0 Tattoos, and no narcotics/alcohol issues.

giphy.gif

Would never do it, but like the fly idea.

It was sort of like a smaller, less feathery version of what Mr T had back in the early 80's. I basically tied a fly on one of the longer earring bases that doesn't have a back on it. They hung about an inch below my earlobe but looked like a fly.

The girls I hung out with dug it, of course the girls I hung out with thought Henry Rollins was the hottest guy on the planet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT