ADVERTISEMENT

Any north end zone updates?

EAxMZJiXoAAWHHI

EAxMKyPWkAIj3Hj

Open practice is August 10. Would think they will have the board and sound fired up for that but we shall see. Will be in Kinnick.

Reactions: the Howler
REALLY like the Kinnick Stadium on the press box.
Me, too, but it begs the question — why wasn’t it part of the initial construction project? No disrespect to Paul Brechler, but IMO, it’s pretty ridiculous that his name was the only one on the press box (in the absence of Kinnick’s) until now.

It was a no-brainer to put Kinnick’s exactly where it now is. The stadium renovation focusing on the press box and south end zone was done so well, it was all the more surprising to me that they neglected to put Kinnick’s name up there in the first place.

Credit where credit is due, though — the stadium overall looks absolutely spectacular, IMO. Tremendous job overall.

Last edited:
I walked by on Sunday and there were a fair number of workers doing stuff, so my guess is that the project is behind and they're paying OT in order to complete it on time.

You are correct sir, I know several workers there and they are behind and will be working lots of OT to finish in time.

Me, too, but it begs the question — why wasn’t it part of the initial construction project? No disrespect to Paul Brechler, but IMO, it’s pretty ridiculous that his name was the only name on the press box (in the absence of Kinnick’s) until now.

It was a no-brainer to put Kinnick’s exactly where it now is. The stadium renovation focusing on the press box and south end zone was done so well, it was all the more surprising to me that they neglected to put Kinnick’s name up there in the first place.

I think Captain Obvious called a meeting with the powers that be a few years ago, and the result of that meeting was the tiger hawk at midfield, the tiger hawk on the water tower and "Kinnick Stadium" on the press box.

Hopefully they'll have a meeting regarding CHA and the atmosphere at basketball games pretty soon.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
I'm sure they lost some time this winter cold as shit
Most all the work that need completion was inside and the glass was installed for Nebraska game. I would have thought they could have heated and worked all winter. But there is prob more to it than being that simple

Reactions: Franisdaman
Most all the work that need completion was inside and the glass was installed for Nebraska game. I would have thought they could have heated and worked all winter. But there is prob more to it than being that simple
Always many variables in the construction contracting world. Even if a group had plenty of time to finish they may drag it out for hours or simply take it so easy they get behind. Also certain work that might take a while can't start till other work is done. I noticed furniture and stuff crated inside the club today. Also a cool new bronze statue in the wall. They are installing iron gates at the stairway entrances now.

Always many variables in the construction contracting world. Even if a group had plenty of time to finish they may drag it out for hours or simply take it so easy they get behind. Also certain work that might take a while can't start till other work is done. I noticed furniture and stuff crated inside the club today. Also a cool new bronze statue in the wall. They are installing iron gates at the stairway entrances now.

What's the bronze statue? Nile?

I'm sure they lost some time this winter cold as shit

Mostly interior work is what I was told. Hopefully they do some kick off parties in that area to make sure everything is working properly and running smoothly before the first game but with GB running the show I highly doubt that happens.

Last edited:
Looks like the main stands can use a power washing. Also, I wish they would have enclosed the exterior of the new endzone with brick, the top half looks like an erector set. now get off my lawn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT