ADVERTISEMENT

Any noticeable improvement in cell and internet service in and around Kinnick this weekend?

That's a good point about volume of customers. At least it sounds good. I have no idea if it's technically accurate, but if a lot of data was going to the same tower, I could see it clogging up.

Just curious if there was any improvement with the recent upgrades that were made.

I doubt it will ever be as good as it is without so many people around but hopefully it is a bit better.
I was able to get on Twitter whenever I pleased and had no issues with texting. New US Cellular tower seemed to help

Preface: Since the beginning of my cellular use life, I had a difficult time obtaining and sustaining any usable signal during tailgating next to Kinnick and it usually got worse inside Kinnick during the game. It was difficult to use text, Twitter, check other scores via The Score app, etc. I was also usually unable to call out or receive a call when I needed to.

2015 (so far): Kudos to the University on this one. Absolutely no problems before, during, and after both games so far. The cellular service is significantly improved. I cannot speak to any University WiFi network, as I simply use the cell service.

I am a US Cellular customer and I currently have an LG G3.

No change to texting? phone calls? Surfing the internet?

Be more specific
I was able to receive and send text messages instantly. That has never happened before, usually it takes 5 min or so for a text to send. My wife tried to get on Facebook at the half and couldn't. So I would say texting and calling capabilities are improved, internet connection, no.

I was able to receive and send text messages instantly. That has never happened before, usually it takes 5 min or so for a text to send. My wife tried to get on Facebook at the half and couldn't. So I would say texting and calling capabilities are improved, internet connection, no.

I too had never been able to send and receive texts as easily as I have first 2 games. First game in forever when I didn't have any failed messages sent. I have verizon if that matters. It was slower than normal but able to get scores on my espn app. Years past could never get any score updates on my phone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT