ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on ISM’s injury?

Come on guys you are being a little harsh. I'm sure you didn't do some things that age you shouldn't have and probably still do 🙄. Just one of those things, if he would have stuck the landing everyone would have thought it was great.

He's done a lot of good things and I'm glad he's a hawk.

He’s young. He made a really stupid mistake, but I’m sure everyone here has made some mistakes they wish they hadn’t.

are we discussing his DUI still or the more recent “look at me” idiocy? Never mind he easily could have been flagged the previous week for taunting as he scored (slow walked) into the end zone.

for having the talent he has, he sure does a lot of stupid things and doesn’t at all act like he’s “been there before”. I have to wonder what the locker room overall thinks of him?

Humility isn't in ISM's vocabulary, but it is what it is. He's fun to watch when he's healthy and not showboating.

I'm all for him having some fun and doing a little celebrating, but he took it a step too far on Saturday. Hope doesn't miss too much time.

are we discussing his DUI still or the more recent “look at me” idiocy? Never mind he easily could have been flagged the previous week for taunting as he scored (slow walked) into the end zone.

for having the talent he has, he sure does a lot of stupid things and doesn’t at all act like he’s “been there before”. I have to wonder what the locker room overall thinks of him?
Dumb.

I thought after the game he didn't even have the boot on anymore. Also, in slo-mo replay, I thought it looked like a foot slipped just as he started the jump. Maybe rolled it before he even took off???

Reactions: millah_22
I thought Jones and Taylor made bigger boneheaded mistakes
I'd bet Taylor had no idea, and he pulled it off with aplomb, just wasn't a legal play but shows his athletic ability to kick that damn thing out of there. As for Jones, thats the flip side to the super aggressive way he fields punts. All season we've ALL loved finally having a return man on punts who had a set of stones for a change, and he's made countless big plays. That one cost us a shutout as the defense had STONED the Badgers all day long. ISM's injury had nothing to do with trying to make a winning play to benefit helping the team win. It was another in a long line of "Look at me " moments he's had throughout his career. That is in a totally different category of stupid then the others, just IMHO of course.....

Taylor's been great all year; however you'd think the specials teams coaches would've covered that scenario with him. Especially when the forecast for Saturday's game was known at least 5 days in advance.

To their credit they had covered the 'if a hurricane gusts as you drop the ball to kick it' but not the 'I don't think I have seen this play in football before' play. Fire the coaches, BF must go because if the offense had gotten a first down then that wouldn't have happened.

Reactions: kceasthawk
FWIW...ISM sez in a 12/12/20 Blecher Report article, ".....says he's OK after injury scare from end zone flip".
Also, a good ISM interview read on The Spun website.
IMHO, ISM plays vs MI, providing there's a game.
GO HAWKS!!!

Reactions: pmtdc
Jones was a dumb one. Taylor probably didn’t know that rule.

Taylor’s mistake barely registers as anything. Once he muffed the snap, he probably wasn’t getting the kick off, so at that point, he’s either covering the ball, getting tackled trying to run or the worst case - he tries to kick and it gets blocked. The loss of down penalty, just moved Wisconsin 5-6 yards closer to the end zone when they started their possession.

Jones has been aggressive all year - and he’s largely been commended for it. This one just didn’t work out.

I don’t have any issue with ISM doing the flip. Hopefully the injury really was just a scare.

Reactions: mchawk57
Come on guys you are being a little harsh. I'm sure you didn't do some things that age you shouldn't have and probably still do 🙄. Just one of those things, if he would have stuck the landing everyone would have thought it was great.

He's done a lot of good things and I'm glad he's a hawk.

No., it was a douche move. No class. Act like you've been there before.

After Jones's stupidity, I wouldn't be sad if I never saw him take another punt, that was beyond dumb.

The conditions were too crappy on Saturday for anyone to even consider returning a punt. Unless the ball is bone-dry, it's best just let it roll and let the other team touch it first. Couple that with the fact that it was Wisconsin we were playing. Field position is paramount.

I may be off here, but I saw more jawing, taunting, and pushing and shoving from ISM and couple other players directed toward opponents this year then ever before. He sometimes palms the football, which is just dumb. I hope he is not exhibiting some behaviors that might be concerning to some NFL teams. I hope the younger receivers stay away from that type of behavior. He is a phenomenal athlete though.

I'm still waiting for them to send me the X-rays, and CT Scan. Based on my past medical experience, he appears to have a hurt foot/ankle
Please let us all know when you hear anything

Edit: I see now he is not listed in the 2 deeps

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT