ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone gone from blue to green? Apple to Android

BlIIlken2

HR All-American
Nov 23, 2021
I have been fully entrenched in the Apple eco system for over a decade. Thinking about giving the android system a go. While Apple is clean and polished I’m kind of over the lack of innovation. Anyone talk me off the ledge or push me over?

(I’ll be disowned by friends and family for ruining texts with green bubbles instead of iMessage blue)

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
I've been an Android user from the start, and not planning to switch.

But even I will admit the Apple is probably better. Better camera anyway.

Samsung S28 Ultra and Pixel 8 Pro have the two best cameras. I started with Apple and switched to Samsung about 10 years ago. They are just phones to me, but I likes how Samsung operated better. Was just personal preference.

I don't plan on switching either. You also have to compare apples to oranges. You can't compare an entry-level android with Apple, so I always compare the flagship--Galaxy S series. I love my s23 and my photos seem to come out better than my wife's iPhone 14. ...not by a lot, though.

Is Samsung camera better than iPhone camera?

iPhone 14 Pro vs Samsung S22 Ultra: which is best for ...

For low light and macro shooting, the Samsung seems to produce slightly better results, but for Portrait mode, the iPhone just about edges it. Video quality is great between both models, but again, the Samsung has greater flexibility and also has the headline specification of 8K, just in case you need it.

I had the iPhone 5 a while ago then went to Android and haven't looked back. Google Pixel FTW

I feel iPhones are more user friendly. My parents have android and they seem to be less intuitive. Even I get confused on what to do when I have to help them. The biggest issue is probably I’m not used to their icons though.

Reactions: BelemNole
Pixels are a midrange phone with a flagship camera. If you are in an area with marginal service, you absolutely cannot beat a Samsung S series for reception. They have the best modems.

I’m kind of over the lack of innovation.
I’ve been an Apple user since the iPhone 3GS. I don’t think there’s a ton of difference, generally, between the flagship Androids (Galaxy series, top Pixel, etc) and Apple other than whatever you’re used to and whatever else you have at home that it may tie in with.

That said, to the quoted point specifically, I haven’t seen a lot of innovation in phones for a while. At this point, most of the “new developments” are camera upgrades, material upgrades (lighter bodies/unbreakable or scratch proof screens), smaller bezels, etc. In the first 5-8 years of smart phones, there was big innovation - app stores, really functional camera, wireless headphones, contactless payment tech, etc., but at this point, the best cell phones are pretty powerful computers you carry around in your pocket.

Probably the biggest innovation I’ve seen in the last few years was the foldable/flip phone and as cool as the idea seemed, I wonder if it just didn’t work well because I’ve seen like 2 out in the wild (and I have a lot of friends that love their tech). At some point, there will be another paradigm shifter out from someone in the phone space, but until then, it seems we’ve kind of maxed these devices out, other than incremental updates.

Was an Apple user until a year ago. My son (who is a techy) said we needed to switch to Android Ecosystem and we did and have not looked back. LOVE IT! Our S23 Ultras are amazing...and the thins you can do with these phones is ridiculous! There was an earlier post about this same subject and I detailed how my S23 Ultra with DEX saved my work bacon. And, the photos/Videos are top notch. My wifes parents switched to Android and we put their phones on "Easy Mode" and they also love it. Never going back to Apple.

I used both since android first came out up until the Galaxy S7. I would usually keep my work phone as android and personal phone as iphone. I finally switched my work phone to apple and don't miss android.

The iphone is a more polished product overall from build quality to OS design and performance. With that said, the top tier android phones (and android OS) have come a long way and the phone specs are finally up to a point where you don't feel the inherent lag of the Android OS which used to drive me crazy. The S7 was the first android I had that I didn't end up hating by the end of the phone's life.

Reactions: BelemNole

What phone do you have? I've got a galaxy 22 ultra. Camera was way better then the equivalent Iphone my wife got at the time.

I refuse to be a Steve Job's Bitch. Always been Android. Thanks to EU for forcing them to drop their worthless and proprietary charging cords.

Reactions: JWolf74 and Ree4
I don't plan on switching either. You also have to compare apples to oranges. You can't compare an entry-level android with Apple, so I always compare the flagship--Galaxy S series. I love my s23 and my photos seem to come out better than my wife's iPhone 14. ...not by a lot, though.

Is Samsung camera better than iPhone camera?

iPhone 14 Pro vs Samsung S22 Ultra: which is best for ...

For low light and macro shooting, the Samsung seems to produce slightly better results, but for Portrait mode, the iPhone just about edges it. Video quality is great between both models, but again, the Samsung has greater flexibility and also has the headline specification of 8K, just in case you need it.
Night time and low light levels on my 22 ultra appear almost daylight (or twilight if taken at night). My wifes Iphone 14 is markedly different. We have done plenty of "photo offs" and mine wins 85% of the time. Now granted, the 14 isn't bad, it's just not as great.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I am all in on Apple
Iphone, ipad, macbook, apple watch, airpods pro, apple tv.

Any non apple device (laptops, tablets, phones) i have had just seem to not last as long as my apple devices

What phone do you have? I've got a galaxy 22 ultra. Camera was way better then the equivalent Iphone my wife got at the time.

I refuse to be a Steve Job's Bitch. Always been Android. Thanks to EU for forcing them to drop their worthless and proprietary charging cords.

Does she have the max? Head to head reviews show the iphone 14 pro max having better low light and overall photo capability than the S22 Ultra.

This site does the slider where you can compare the same image side by side.

Iphone 14 Pro Max vs S22 Ultra

I started on iPhone, then switched to Android because the phones were cheaper and I was learning Android app development.

After about five years, Android dropped the well-made, budget-priced, Nexus line in favor of the expensive Pixels. I figured if I am going to pay iPhone prices, I might as well have an iPhone, so I switched back. Plus, I was learning Swift development.

Does she have the max? Head to head reviews show the iphone 14 pro max having better low light and overall photo capability than the S22 Ultra.

This site does the slider where you can compare the same image side by side.

Iphone 14 Pro Max vs S22 Ultra
Not sure. I'd have to ask. I would say those S22 pictures are terrible. Not my experience at all.

I've always had Android and would not switch unless there was good reason. That said, the more recent Apple devices have Lidar and IOS is the only system that works with a particular program I use for work. With Apple products, I can use the Lidar to measure the interior of properties by simply scanning it and the program generates an accurate 3d sketch with all the interior measurements. It's pretty powerful. I hope Android catches up in this regard so that I don't have to switch.

Never. Androids are THE dumbest operating system ever. Back button? Lol. Dumb.

Edit. We use android phone and tablet at work. Straight garbage. My iPhone runs our dispatch software so much better.

Reactions: auntie_fah
I've had both, currently using a 13 mini,.. prefer the Apple product.

I was an android fanatic for a decade. Then a few years back I started with a company that issued iphones. I left the job but not the iphone. My wife has had pixels and their predecessors for years, she's alway bitching. We're moving her over to apple next trade in.
It's just a solid device with very few issues. I like things that always work like they should.
Biggest issue I've had with the last two iphones is the current one won't do face id anymore.

Been an apple user since I got home from work one day and my wife said. You're new phone is on the counter. I told her I didn't want it I was sticking with my flip phone. She said you can't I turned it off and activated the other one. Sad day, but I do like making bets with it so that's a win.

Had both, now android.

With android, you're basically committing to Google as well (at least that's easiest). Google drive, Google chrome, Google autofills, password manager, etc. So far I've not had any problems with that.

I normally aim to own my devices and use them until they're very annoying and I need a new one. I think Android is better for that. I got tired of my older apple devices no longer running certain apps, etc. Over time they obsoleted them not because they didn't run efficiently anymore, but because they just wanted to force you into an upgrade.

Now MacBook vs. PC? Different altogether, I resisted mac's for nearly the first 20 years of my professional life, but my current company made us get MacBooks. I'll never go back. I've since switched my personal PC laptop for a MacBook pro and it's great.

Had both, now android.

With android, you're basically committing to Google as well (at least that's easiest). Google drive, Google chrome, Google autofills, password manager, etc. So far I've not had any problems with that.

I normally aim to own my devices and use them until they're very annoying and I need a new one. I think Android is better for that. I got tired of my older apple devices no longer running certain apps, etc. Over time they obsoleted them not because they didn't run efficiently anymore, but because they just wanted to force you into an upgrade.

Now MacBook vs. PC? Different altogether, I resisted mac's for nearly the first 20 years of my professional life, but my current company made us get MacBooks. I'll never go back. I've since switched my personal PC laptop for a MacBook pro and it's great.

Macs are also trash. PC built by a non-tard is a million times better and cheaper than a POS Mac.

I have been fully entrenched in the Apple eco system for over a decade. Thinking about giving the android system a go. While Apple is clean and polished I’m kind of over the lack of innovation. Anyone talk me off the ledge or push me over?

(I’ll be disowned by friends and family for ruining texts with green bubbles instead of iMessage blue)
I’ve had both and have had an iPhone for about a decade out of mainly momentum. My number one gripe with apple is the lack of a removable micro SD card to transfer data. Not sure you can do that still with Samsung phones. Otherwise they were basically the same to me.

I’ve had both and have had an iPhone for about a decade out of mainly momentum. My number one gripe with apple is the lack of a removable micro SD card to transfer data. Not sure you can do that still with Samsung phones. Otherwise they were basically the same to me.
Lack of SD used to bother me, but I just upgraded my 12 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max and this was the fastest, most seamless phone-to-phone transfer I’ve had yet and at this point, I no longer care about having SD, it would just be one more piece that could fail.

Lack of SD used to bother me, but I just upgraded my 12 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max and this was the fastest, most seamless phone-to-phone transfer I’ve had yet and at this point, I no longer care about having SD, it would just be one more piece that could fail.
I don't care now as my son aged out of sports and is college, but it sure was nice to have the removable storage for recording games and such.

I hate when you’re trying to send out a group text and then there’s always that one fuggin guy who changes it to green. If you’re green, and didn’t know, the rest of us think you’re a giant asshole.

I’m not a giant dick, so I would never switch to android and hurt all of my friends and family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT