ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have an Electric Vehicle?

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
I am totally sold on buying the cybertruck and the idea of EVs. Anyone have experience with them and what is everyone’s opinions on them?

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I am totally sold on buying the cybertruck and the idea of EVs. Anyone have experience with them and what is everyone’s opinions on them?
I was sold on the idea of a Cybertruck before I retired, thought it would be perfect and would be my last new purchase. Then they unveiled it. I now have a Ram.

I have an order on the 3 motor with the $7k add on for self navigation. I've owned two other EV/ICE vehicles, but can't wait for CT. It's a game changer.

Watch the Cybertruck Guy YT videos.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Yes, wife drives a model x. If you want an EV truck, Rivian’s offering is much more aesthetically pleasing.

Agreed. CT vs Rivian is all about personal taste. The one thing to note is that Tesla has about 12 years of history. But, the Rivian looks awesome. Can't wrong with the truck or SUV.

Reactions: Joes Place
I have an order on the 3 motor with the $7k add on for self navigation. I've owned two other EV/ICE vehicles, but can't wait for CT. It's a game changer.

Watch the Cybertruck Guy YT videos.
You want a CT? I hate the feel of them. Why do you like them? - Not Being a dick, just curious.

You want a CT? I hate the feel of them. Why do you like them? - Not Being a dick, just curious.

Good question. My likes:
  1. Exosceleton with some serious steel. So won't rust or get dings. Maybe scratches. Won't be painted, but can get a wrap.
  2. Semi-bullet proof glass.
  3. Super safe. Tesla has 3 safest vehicles.
  4. The bed and lift gate is a game changer.
  5. The Tesla technology along with free updates is unlike anything else. Other vehicles are like purchasing a phone that never updates.
  6. Has the ability to do serious off-roading, but not for everyone.
  7. The payload is on par to top of the line traditional trucks.
  8. Is super quiet, so for hunters or people that fish it may be a good fit.
  9. Is starts at $40k with all the previous features standard.
  10. The 3 battery has a huge 500 mile range and 0-60 in seconds.
  11. Can haul around 14k pounds. That is like a top end diesel truck.
It's not for everyone. I agree it's unique in look, but should last forever with the million mile batteries coming out.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCHawk5
OP should just ask his Mom. She has an electric vehicle:

AlienatedBlissfulAstrangiacoral-max-1mb.gif

How does the charging affect your bill and do you see a big change from charging compared to paying for gas?

They haven’t mentioned range when towing.

It weighs 6500lbs for the three motor. That’s not great for off-roading, and an air suspension with its payload isn’t great for pre-running.

I’d probably get an F-250 with the Tremor package instead for the money.

Last edited:
I was sold on the idea of a Cybertruck before I retired, thought it would be perfect and would be my last new purchase. Then they unveiled it. I now have a Ram.
https://www.caranddriver.com/rivian/r1t

All-wheel drive is standard on the 2021 R1T thanks to an arrangement similar to the Tesla Model X, where each axle is powered by its own electric motor. The 135.0-kWh model will be the quickest of the three, with 754 horsepower and a claimed zero-to-60-mph time of 3.0 seconds. Adjustable air suspension will be standard at launch and can adjust the clearance height from eight to 14 inches. Every version of the R1T has all-wheel drive, with an electric motor at each wheel. This allows the R1T to do what Rivian calls a Tank Turn, which sets the electric motors to rotate the left wheels in the opposite direction of the right ones to spin the truck on its axis.

How does the charging affect your bill and do you see a big change from charging compared to paying for gas?

Difficult to say, because I haven't left the house much since it was delivered in March. Charging from home is kinda like having an extra fridge or AC I guess. I charge overnight when the rates are dirt cheap, but a few weeks ago we installed a 15kWh solar array on the roof and I'm just waiting for the utility inspector to come out and light it up. I did use a Supercharger (v3) once, and a full charge cost like $6.

Tesla just became the world's most valuable automaker (in terms of market cap). A $38K investment (the cost of a 3 model) in 2010 would be worth about $2.1 million today.

I like the Model Y. I want to know more about the Tesla truck, I really don’t car too much about looks; miles, range, and price is my question.

if I get a plug in hybrid I would get the new Toyota RAV4. Forty miles of electric range would cut our gas use dramatically.

the new E Mustang kind of disappoints me because the AWD version is only going to get 250 miles.

we drive our cars till they are dust for the most part so I am not active. What we currently have is reliable and paid for. I like that.

Yeah, I shorted it at $900. Thanks for the reminder. :(
I did at $993.

Look into ARKK for an index fund. A very top heavy Tesla index fund with other good investments. I got in at $70 a couple of days ago and it is at $75

I did at $993.

Look into ARKK for an index fund. A very top heavy Tesla index fund with other good investments. I got in at $70 a couple of days ago and it is at $75

Cool. I got in to TSLA at $227 last year. Sold a few months later at $550, thinking I was some kind of genius. Have been staring at it with my jaw open ever since. When Elon tweeted that it was too high (somewhere in the mid-$700s), I waited for the bubble to pop, but nope. Couldn’t resist the short at $920, again, thinking I was some kind of genius.

Look, I love the company (and my car) and I believe this is part of the future. But it just isn’t normal for any investment to average +3% every day for months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT