ADVERTISEMENT

Buying a refurbished MacBook Pro

menwithouthats

Scout Team
Apr 22, 2006
I budgeted a certain amount for a new MacBook Pro. I see that I can buy a more powerful machine with a slightly bigger screen that's refurbished, and it's only about $150 more. There doesn't appear to be a downside to going refurbished; it looks like Apple has a thorough inspection and restoration process for refurbished models. And they still come with the same one year warranty and return policy as a new model.

Anyone on here with any experience buying a refurbished Apple product, or with any general input on this matter? Thank you,

The last five phones I've bought have been refurbished and never had an issue. They were Samsung products. Hope that helps.
the-interview-james-franco.gif

Reactions: menwithouthats
I budgeted a certain amount for a new MacBook Pro. I see that I can buy a more powerful machine with a slightly bigger screen that's refurbished, and it's only about $150 more. There doesn't appear to be a downside to going refurbished; it looks like Apple has a thorough inspection and restoration process for refurbished models. And they still come with the same one year warranty and return policy as a new model.

Anyone on here with any experience buying a refurbished Apple product, or with any general input on this matter? Thank you,

If you buy them from Apple, they are like new. I have bought both new and refurbished from Apple and you’d have a hard time knowing one from the other.

Refurb is fine. They fixed it and it’s certified. They lose money when it keeps coming back, and they don’t want that. They fix it so it shouldn’t come back again.

Reactions: menwithouthats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT