ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have an update on the gay wedding cake case at the Supreme Court?

how is it legal to force companies to make a product or provide a service? only in Obama’s insanity rules delusional America. The government telling individuals what kinds of contracts they must make isn’t liberty. Hope this is struck down with prejudice.

how is it legal to force companies to make a product or provide a service? only in Obama’s insanity rules delusional America. The government telling individuals what kinds of contracts they must make isn’t liberty. Hope this is struck down with prejudice.

Yep, only in Obama's insanity rules, delusional America can businesses be forced to serve black people, or Hispanics, or Asians, or Native Americans, etc. Keep them at their own restaurants and their own soda fountains, where they belong!

-Trumpanzee America

It's just as as sad that we have to try and pass laws to make people act like decent humans. Also your point isn't even valid.

Yep, only in Obama's insanity rules, delusional America can businesses be forced to serve black people, or Hispanics, or Asians, or Native Americans, etc. Keep them at their own restaurants and their own soda fountains, where they belong!

-Trumpanzee America

Lying about what was said and intended will getting you everywhere with your delusional half wits friends here.

Freedom of religion is actually in the constitution.

Sexual orientation? Not so much. Even if you think it's a form of sex discrimination, the founders had no problem with that.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Freedom of religion should remain the ultimate right that trumps others if there's a conflict. Freedom of religion is what this country was founded upon.

We also need freedom FROM religion, especially in this case. Christian and Islamic fundamentalists can go and practice their bigotry in the religious cesspools of the Middle East.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
The only difference is you want gays to be discriminated against. It's not like your position is all that subtle or intelligent. Trust me, we get it.
Maybe it has nothing to do with discriminating against gays and everything to do with what a person feels is fulfilling their religious duties.. Just a thought! Not every tough decision has to be rage and hate based..

Now go ahead and ask me! "Well how would you feel bla bla bla" and I PROMISE I wouldn't care. I would simply go somewhere else and spend my time and money on people who value inclusion.

We also need freedom FROM religion, especially in this case. Christian and Islamic fundamentalists can go and practice their bigotry in the religious cesspools of the Middle East.

Yes, yes... freedom from religion is important, too. So, if you're not a Christian, why would you want to buy a wedding cake from a Christian bakery?

Maybe it has nothing to do with discriminating against gays and everything to do with what a person feels is fulfilling their religious duties.. Just a thought! Not every tough decision has to be rage and hate based..

Now go ahead and ask me! "Well how would you feel bla bla bla" and I PROMISE I wouldn't care. I would simply go somewhere else and spend my time and money on people who value inclusion.

True. And then rightfully sue their ISIS -wannabe assets out of business.

Amazing? Ain't it?

The same dipshits who rail AGAINST "Sharia Law", want that "religious freedom" principle flipped backwards, when it comes to THEIR religion.....

Being gay is not anti-Christian, which is your insidious assumption.

Bottom line: you're asking the baker to create a cake for a ceremony which he believes is sacrilegious, under penalty of law.

Exactly who is invoking Sharia law, here? The baker doesn't care if you have a gay wedding. He just doesn't want to be forced to participate in it.

Bottom line: you're asking the baker to create a cake for a ceremony which he believes is sacrilegious, under penalty of law.

Exactly who is invoking Sharia law, here? The baker doesn't care if you have a gay wedding. He just doesn't want to be forced to participate in it.

Obviously he does care. He cares enough to to take the business and discriminate against innocent people. Like I said, hopefully this case makes Homosexuality a protected class.

Being gay is not anti-Christian, which is your insidious assumption.

Homosexuality is something one is born with and should be a protected class. Hopefully this case seals it.
There are some interesting cases weaving themselves thru the courts, providing 'instructive' guidance.

Basically the argument is this:

Discriminating against someone who is gay (in this case, two gay men trying to get a cake made for them) is actually gender discrimination, because if ONE of the two were a woman, then the cake baker would have no problem baking a cake for them. Ergo- discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is fundamentally a violation of Equal Protection, because if that partner were a woman, instead of a man, the "violator" would not be pressing the case. That's the litmus test they are using, and it's actually quite a logical application of EP.

More than one of these has been adjudicated in the lower courts. And it is an interesting argument which has held up.

Neither was race. And some of those Constitution writers held slaves. Many justified this using religion. Your point?

And many justified abolishing slavery using religion. It’s what got the abolitionist movement going. What’s your point?

The truth about the issue is this bakery would have made any other cake for this couple but one. So it’s not a discrimination issue.

Freedom of religion should remain the ultimate right that trumps others if there's a conflict. Freedom of religion is what this country was founded upon.

So if you hold a sincere religious belief against blacks, women, disabled, and immigrants, you have no problem if a person refuses service to members of these groups because religion has to “Trump” every other right?

Sounds about right for the current America ...

And many justified abolishing slavery using religion. It’s what got the abolitionist movement going. What’s your point?

The truth about the issue is this bakery would have made any other cake for this couple but one. So it’s not a discrimination issue.

Many justify the case against the bakers using religion. Exactly my point: homophobic behavior is not inherent to Christianity. And your argument against it not being discriminatory is silly considering they would make a wedding cake for a straight couple.

So if you hold a sincere religious belief against blacks, women, disabled, and immigrants, you have no problem if a person refuses service to members of these groups because religion has to “Trump” every other right?

Sounds about right for the current America ...
Yeah um except "current" America is that transgenders get to use the restrooms they want to while a religious couple cant live out their religious convictions..

My point is the smug lefties on this board are living the frustration that the smug righties lived with under Obama. There is no more middle and that's what sucks!

It would be nice if in your situation above, people would see that business owner was a bit of a pill and wouldn't support his business therefore eventually ending it..

Yeah um except "current" America is that transgenders get to use the restrooms they want to while a religious couple cant live out their religious convictions..

My point is the smug lefties on this board are living the frustration that the smug righties lived with under Obama. There is no more middle and that's what sucks!

It would be nice if in your situation above, people would see that business owner was a bit of a pill and wouldn't support his business therefore eventually ending it..

Yeah, I really doubt Denver only has one bakery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT