ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone heard of this kid before?

None of this refutes the bottom-line conclusion of Hausch and Blackwell. That investigation was comprehensive in scope without determining illeglity whereas the subsequent lawsuit involved a smaller number of players which alleged specific violations of federal statutes. These are separate and distinct.

HB reported a racial and diversity fire inside the program which the University did not dispute. The player lawsuit was settled so we will never know whether there was any fire behind the violation of civil rights smoke, as determined by an impartial jury.
We have different views of law firms. To me a respected law firm is the equivalent of a respected used car lot. I work alone with a dozen lawyers and have for 20 years, and most have 0 real life experience, even old ones. They just dot the i’s and cross the t’s and can’t relate to much else. The depos showed the true nature of this case. The u just wanted it gone because of the insanity surrounding “race” at the time. The aggrieved were just a bunch of uncoachable dudes. They tell them up front that Iowa isn’t for everyone.
None of this refutes the bottom-line conclusion of Hausch and Blackwell. That investigation was comprehensive in scope without determining illeglity whereas the subsequent lawsuit involved a smaller number of players which alleged specific violations of federal statutes. These are separate and distinct.

HB reported a racial and diversity fire inside the program which the University did not dispute. The player lawsuit was settled so we will never know whether there was any fire behind the violation of civil rights smoke, as determined by an impartial jury.
your error is trusting a “unbiased law firm” I know some “unbiased used car salesman”. Same thing.

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
No it isn't. It was a foundational conclusion made by an independent firm after a top-to-bottom investigtion. The University of Iowa's President, AD, and head coach accepted this conclusion. Objective Iowa fans will do the same.
Kirk did anything but accept the findings. The university chieftains and lawyers made the call. He was quite clear he did not agree with settling.

Kirk did anything but accept the findings. The university chieftains and lawyers made the call. He was quite clear he did not agree with settling.
Kirk did not dispute the findings of the Hausch Blackwell report. He apologized and took corrective action.

The federal lawsuit was a seperate matter. There were no ultimate findings of fact to accept or reject because the case never made it to the jury/ Yes, the University settled the case upon the advise of legal counsel - that is how it usually works, the employer has ultimate decision making authority.

Kirk did not dispute the findings of the Hausch Blackwell report. He apologized and took corrective action.

The federal lawsuit was a seperate matter. There were no ultimate findings of fact to accept or reject because the case never made it to the jury/ Yes, the University settled the case upon the advise of legal counsel - that is how it usually works, the employer has ultimate decision making authority.
I think you are living in an altered state of reality, but you do you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT