ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning opts out of NCAA College Football 25.

83Hawk

HR Legend
Sep 17, 2002
I guess I don't understand why he would do this, or what he thinks he will accomplish. His reason of "wanting to concentrate on playing football" really has nothing to do with having his likeness in a video game.

Within 24 hours of the games release, multiple people will post edits on Operation Sports and elsewhere, and folks will add him to the game anyway.

Just a strange decision by a kid who isn't even a starter.

I guess I don't understand why he would do this, or what he thinks he will accomplish. His reason of "wanting to concentrate on playing football" really has nothing to do with having his likeness in a video game.

Within 24 hours of the games release, multiple people will post edits on Operation Sports and elsewhere, and folks will add him to the game anyway.

Just a strange decision by a kid who isn't even a starter.
I've read that EA is making sure this won't be a thing.

Ugh.....EA Sports already taking the fun out of the game.

Still....a dumb decision by Manning. He isn't gaining anything by not opting in, other than people thinking he's a self-centered jerk.

Oh well....I won't miss him not being in the game.
They almost have to do this with the whole NIL stuff. It would be pretty easy for the opt out player to sue if people could just add him into the game.

Ugh.....EA Sports already taking the fun out of the game.

Still....a dumb decision by Manning. He isn't gaining anything by not opting in, other than people thinking he's a self-centered jerk.

Oh well....I won't miss him not being in the game.
Maybe he's playing hardball like Eli and the NFL draft. I also do not care if he's in the game.

Don't carre. But what if one of his NIL sponsors wouldn't let him be in the game? That would be interesting.

If his name was Arch Jones, he’d have been a three star recruit with far fewer offers. He’s got ability, sure. I think he was vastly overrated when he was named one of the top QB recruits in the country though. And it won’t surprise me if he fails to ever become a standout in college.

Reactions: onionman1 and GHawk
Huge fan of the game and purchased the game every year it came out.

AND I don’t give two shlts about the actual players in the game. I’d rather they just made generic players. The most fun part has always been recruiting and playing dynasty mode where you have all made up players anyway. I’d be in favor of making all generic players and cutting the players out entirely. Why they didn’t go that route during the suspended years, I have no idea.

It’s called negotiating for future years once he gets the chance to play at Texas or another school. He hasn’t done anything yet on the field so once he gets his chance, does a good job like his Dad or Uncle and will be able to name his price since he didn’t sign off this year for the $600 payment and a free copy. Smart kid and camp of people helping make decisions in his best interest.

• Haha
Reactions: GHawk
perhaps I'll get this game on sale for $10
it being made by EA means it's going to be a half finished product stuffed with loot boxes and other microtransactions

It’s called negotiating for future years once he gets the chance to play at Texas or another school. He hasn’t done anything yet on the field so once he gets his chance, does a good job like his Dad or Uncle and will be able to name his price since he didn’t sign off this year for the $600 payment and a free copy. Smart kid and camp of people helping make decisions in his best interest.
I’m pretty sure there have been rundowns of the economics of the game and production costs. There really isn’t much margin for any negotiations and that’s why they came to the flat amount per player. EA holds all the cards here. Manning doesn’t sell the game, the school names do.

Jordan didn’t do himself any favors withholding his name from NBA games. They sold just fine without him and he missed the chance to be featured in probably the most famous basketball game of all time.

Reactions: HawkeyeHitman
I never really waste time editing other rosters outside of Iowa anyway, but how exactly could they stop someone from creating a player, naming him Arch Manning, and adding him to Texas' roster?

They gonna block specific name combinations from the game?
Ok...I'm not sure how the modern version works but I bought a p2 and the game back in 2010-2011 for my nephew...I shared a beach house with my my brother (his family) and I kind of got shortly addicted...

So hey...the dynasty or whatever mode...you couldn't edit players (at least I didn't know how) but you could create recruits...I created the perfect recruit (99 in everything but passing...wanted a skill guy) and named him after myself...set up everything to lean towards Michigan in terms of demographics...

The player committed to ND and won the Heisman as a freshman

F that game

Will probably see Ark Madding in the edits.
I think EA is being very cautious with this. I would imagine if you don't opt in, you name, likeness, number, attribute, etc. are out of the game.

Sets up that they won't be held hostage by players wanting even more money to be in the game.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I seriously doubt EA is going to sweeten the deal for Arch, nor any other college age prima donna that asks, now or in the future iterations of the game. It's a take it or leave it amount and it's most likely non-negotiable. You're either in or you're left out. No one playing NCAA Football is going to give two shits if Arch is in it or not.

Just call him QB Texas or wherever he plays and move on. Tecmo made this work just fine all the way back in the 80s for guys like Bernie Kosar. Lol, Kosar auto corrects on here to loser. Try it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT