ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, U of Washington Football

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Tinder is a dating app people use to hook up. If you are ever confused about consent, just assume that you do not have consent until told otherwise.
We're talking to the guy that once said he didn't know how to talk to an individual without knowing what gender they are first. We should not be surprised that he'd assume meeting a person from Tinder is giving consent.

We're talking to the guy that once said he didn't know how to talk to an individual without knowing what gender they are first. We should not be surprised that he'd assume meeting a person from Tinder is giving consent.
never said I don’t know how to talk to them. I said I talk to people differently based on their gender. Get it right.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Tinder is a dating app people use to hook up. If you are ever confused about consent, just assume that you do not have consent until told otherwise.
I love how you two dingleberries just skip over the part where I said I’m joking so you can live out your little bromance you have going on.

That mother fvcker has been raping the shit out of Tinder dates. JFC. Imagine thinking that someone agreeing to see you allows you consent to make the sects with them.
The dumb shit said on this site never ceases to amaze me.

"Well, we met in real life for dinner for 1 hour. So now I get to bang you because consent was given the second you walked through the restaurant door"

The dumb shit said on this site never ceases to amaze me.

"Well, we met in real life for dinner for 1 hour. So now I get to bang you because consent was given the second you walked through the restaurant door"
Consent begins at swiping right. Even if she doesn't respond, she still put her information on that app.

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
Do you still have to talk to them differently though, or can you talk to them like you would regular people? Like what would one do if you don't know.
I’d guess that you say you talk to everyone the same. Doesn’t matter what gender they are, sexual preference or intelligence level.
Everyone is the same.

Ah, who am I to judge, I've never walked the streets of Bakersfield

I'll show myself out.....

Right. Great deleniation.

The rights side vs the privilege side.

Which is more meaningful?

Obviously the rights side. That's where the important stuff happens. Not the side where we're talking about "image" -- right?

Privilege? Football, games, image...etc

Which is exactly why I don't care that much whether an accused plays football or whatever sport. The ****ing sports participation question pales in comparison to the society question where significance is concerned. (which the law already has a handle on)

Which is why it's not a major moral blunder to let someone like this play football. (it ceases to be a major moral question)

Now we can talk about actual actions and what's fair within the context of a privilege like playing football. Even if not governed by the law of rights, the law of rights possesses certain logic that's rather universally applicable and lauded in handling questions like this. Like innocent until proven guilty and etc...

Where I'm at with it? Unless the coach is privy to certain inside information that the legal system isn't, or if he knows an arrest is eminent or whatnot, I'm fine with him letting the athlete continue to participate while the investigation is ongoing. Because it's just football.
My larger point is yes, privileges can be infringed upon bc they are just that, something you're being given the opportunity to do, not something you're entitled to. Just like a coach can choose to sit you bc your attitude sucks, schools should be able to suspend you bc there are credible accusations of serious wrong doing.

Can't think of many jobs where an individual accused of raping 2 women wouldn't get you fired. I don't see the difference in what should be done with athletes.

That being said are we ready to discuss what should happen if he didn't rape them?

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
IAFB2021Champs said:
Side note and I’m joking. But if you match with someone on tinder and decide to meet up in person, isn’t that basically giving consent? Isn’t tinder just a hookup site?
WITAF? This can’t have been an actual thought.
There can’t really be this many illiterate f’s on this board that you skip right over the “I’m joking” part.
But why would I be surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: millah_22
There can’t really be this many illiterate f’s on this board that you skip right over the “I’m joking” part.
But why would I be surprised.

I, for one, thought your joke about automatic consent based on a dating site profile and an agreement to meet was frickin hilarious.

I think the whole little misunderstanding about rape and demonstrating power over women would vanish if we simply laughed more.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
I, for one, thought your joke about automatic consent based on a dating site profile and an agreement to meet was frickin hilarious.

I think the whole little misunderstanding about rape and demonstrating power over women would vanish if we simply laughed more.
I’m guessing the old folks on here don’t realize tinder has been know for being a hookup sit and the others missing the joke never leave mom and dads basement. Probably why they don’t get the joke.
I think it’s against GIA rules to joke on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT