ADVERTISEMENT

Are you going to watch the USA Women vs. WNBA All-Stars tonight?

Are you watching?

• Yes - Go Women's Team!

• Yes - Go All Stars!

• Yes - I hope both teams have fun!

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because it’s political…the WNBA team she is on is not that good.
Neither is Phoenix. Last year with two Olympians they had the worst record in the league. This year they added a third Olympian and they barely have a winning record.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Everyone should have seen this coming. The lowly Indiana Fever has been kicking the shit out of WNBA teams loaded with USA Olympians as well as the USA Team coach the past couple weeks. I loved watching that, but tonight was especially gratifying,

Wrong team is going to Paris. I truly believe the Allstar Team would easily beat Team USA in a best of seven series.

All Star team thrown together with basically zero practices, and USA team has played together for years and put together mostly based on their incredible chemistry….Hahahahaha!

The WNBA is trash game. If you appreciate the game of basketball it just torture to watch. Caitlin is the only player with a brain.

The WNBA is trash game. If you appreciate the game of basketball it just torture to watch. Caitlin is the only player with a brain.
1200x1200bb.jpg

A real all star game where they both played hard and tried to win. We don't see in any of the men's games any more...
As the tweet said, players tuning up for the Olympics vs. pissed off snubs makes for the most compelling All-Star game in sports.

Don't leave me hanging bro, which audiobook? I'm guessing it was a Minecraft strategy guide. I got my niece that for her birthday.

I finished Stephen King's Revival yesterday, continued on Maplecroft by Cherie Preslist with the lady for a couple chapters, then I listened to some Stephen King short stories in The Man in the Black Suit.

I just needed some positive books like those after I finished a book about a woman's experience with the fundamentalist latter day saints.

Reactions: wausauhawk
Caitlin was about the fourth/fifth best player on the court last night, lol.

She’s an amazing rookie - and definitely will be an MVP candidate in future years. But your “take” is really dumb.

Isn't Sudan like some ultra conservative Muslim country? Like, women aren't allowed to leave the home unaccompanied or something?
Sudan is predominantly Muslim. South Sudan is majority Christian. They have a women’s basketball national team but they didn’t qualify for the Olympics.

Reactions: millah_22
I said this in the other thread, but Team USA looked old and tired. They looked like a team that was picked on name recognition instead of merit. Griner is way too slow and out of shape to play in an up tempo game like that.

Arike withdrew her name from consideration for the Olympic team. She basically said there is too much politics involved in the selections instead of the decisions made on “your game”.

She’s not wrong.

A real all star game where they both played hard and tried to win. We don't see in any of the men's games any more...

A lot has to do with how much the men get paid to play.

They are trying to build up the biggest pile of money until they retire. Injuries could hurt their next contract so they are just doing their best to avoid getting hurt.

Women all know they are gonna have to get a job after their career is over. So the money becomes secondary to building a legacy.

Not saying I really watch much women's sports, I didn't even watch this. But I will say one of the good things about women's sports is that isn't nearly as corrupted by money as men's sports.

I would venture to guess women are less likely to flop for the same reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT