ADVERTISEMENT

Are you superior to your political opposite?

Well, what say you? Are you superior?

• Yes - I can barely see them past my nose.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No - We're all just people.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Maybe - Do they carry around JD Vance jizz?

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
A lot of the business owner/upper middle class/wealthy folks I know loathe paying taxes so much they'd vote for Charles Manson if he said he'd lower them.

That's the main issue we are dealing with, I think.

Then you have the subset that really are racist in their hearts, even if they hide it.

Between those two cohorts, you have a fairly large percentage of Republicans that know Donald Trump is a stupid amoral piece of shit, but feel like he won't harm them and he might help their personal finances.

Those people actually make me more disgusted than the average moron Trump voter, because they should know better..
This. There are people who vote for Trump because they think it will help them financially. Taxes et al. Then there are people who vote for him because he pisses people off. There are no other Trump voters.

Well ya got me there
Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

In this particular poll, it’s political only. You’re welcome to start additional superiority threads though. I for one will likely chime in with the same answer.
Subjective then. How about I think they’re wrong. Not inferior in any particular way.

Honestly no.

Am I smarter? Usually. Am I more logical? Definitely. Am I more informed? 100%

But those don’t make me a superior human being. There are other traits they may have that I lack - which I value greatly. My mansion is not going to maintain itself after all.
Give Me Five GIF

@NorthernHawkeye was lamenting the "elitism" on display in another political thread by his political nemeses. Seems like a poll is in order. So, do you think you are superior to your political opposite?

I'll kick things off. I am superior to most everyone I meet - politics is just one of the many factors that could come in to play. So, I am voting "Yes."
i suppose i'm kind of in your camp. i'm superior to a lot of people, and a lot of people are definitely superior to me, but it's got nothing to do with politics.

Politics, in this country, is simply a conversation about the proper mix of our American values, which are always and inherently in tension, and which varies over time.

I went with option 3. Ultimately we're all just people. I do believe I am superior to people who wear MAGA gear and refuse to use logic or common sense in their thinking. In other words, a lack of willingness to learn. Otherwise, no.

Are they just a random Republican, probably not and we likely have way more in common than we do differences, including a lot of policy positions.

If they are somebody who wants to treat politics like some Iowa/Iowa state rivalry stuff I don’t think I’m better than them I just don’t personally engage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT